Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59885 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Are there any good hi-res pics of Chewie from the tin set?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2006, 10:34 PM »
I finally saw one of these Tins at TRU tonight. It was the ROTS one. While I would of loved to of had the extra Evo Anakin for customizing and the White AT-RT Driver for my troops, I couldn't justify paying $30 bucks for 2 figures. knowing there would be no way I could move the Mace or Yoda unlss I gave them away for free.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I wish I would of gotten one of those Blue Clones now. Some guy bought 26 of them.  :-\

Scratch that, he bought 28 of them.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2006, 09:31 AM »

I just think that lack of attention to the officers numbers among the grunts is the culprit here.

Or is it? Perhaps he does have 468 grunts. :-X

I picked up the PT sets at TRU yesterday. I had a $10 off coupon, so I guess I got the lowest price I'm going to get on these until they go on clearance. The Price was still painful and as I looked at the sets, I was even more annoyed that one figure out of each set is designed to make people buy the sets for that one figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2006, 12:13 PM »
These are an easy pass since I have the majority of the figures but the white ATRT one. Price doesn't justify the cost and eventually I know I will see the figures I want in another form. Hasbro won't pass on making a buck another way.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2006, 03:39 PM »
I'll snag the OT ones if they ever show up in DFW, but I am not going to seek them out.  I'll probably even snag doubles of them, I like the tin things...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Yeah for collectors who collected through the years the one figure thing sucks, for me it's 2 in each set besides TPM.  :-\
I saw some today at WM both were ROTS. I'm going back tommorow, I'll probally pick one up. They were on the top shelf, I have no idea how I'm gonna get it, I don't like talking to employees. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Saw someone pulled the old switcheroo with the tin sets already.  I had been looking for an AOTC tin today, and I was pretty stoked to see Jango and Dooku when I walked down this one toy aisle today.  But then I looked closer and saw that the package was for the ROTS set, and the other figure 2-pack had Mace and Yoda.  Someone apparently was after the Clone Troopers.  LAME.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 22, 2006, 01:41 AM »
That was bound to happen, first one I heard all year though.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 22, 2006, 01:56 PM »
i saw the esb set yesterday but passed because i saw wave 6 hanging above it for the first time EVER!!!  :)  :)  :) it was an easy pass. the chewie in it that i was looking forward to has ugly white paintjob on his legs for snow effect  :P .
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 22, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Saw someone pulled the old switcheroo with the tin sets already.  I had been looking for an AOTC tin today, and I was pretty stoked to see Jango and Dooku when I walked down this one toy aisle today.  But then I looked closer and saw that the package was for the ROTS set, and the other figure 2-pack had Mace and Yoda.  Someone apparently was after the Clone Troopers.  LAME.

wow that REALLY sucks. not that ive never done that with attacktix before   ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 22, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Pit droid where do you live? If you got the ESB set in your town you must of got ANH. :o
I wanna know if there close to here.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 22, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Have yet to see any of these at retail.  I'd pretty much decided to not even bother with the prequel trilogy sets (even though the Evolutions Anakin is a figure I do want two more of), but the ANH set will be one that I will definitely get for the Vader and the Sandtrooper.

Which begs the question, for those of you who have the ANH set, how are the Vader and the Sandtrooper?  Are there any detailed pics of each of these? 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 22, 2006, 04:24 PM »
I love how Toys R Us has a picture of the Tin sets in the ad flyer tpdau.  Then I go in their store to find them and of course it's not there.  This is not surprising of course.  However, it's always such a thrill to NOT see advertised products. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 22, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Pit droid where do you live? If you got the ESB set in your town you must of got ANH. :o
I wanna know if there close to here.

I hit a local TRU last week and they only had Ep3 & Ep5 tins - a few of each and none other so I'm not quite sure how Hasbro is shipping these.  I'm in MN btw.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN