Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59398 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Nice to see that there is a little bit lower price at Target for these things.  I've skipped the prequel sets so far, and probably will unless I find a really nice clearance deal.  I did pick up the three OT tins, and I like them.  These (the OT ones) sold out really quickly here in town, but there seems to be a fair amount of prequel ones sitting about.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I opened my first Tin set last night (ESB.) Setting aside the price, I didn't feel totally taken advantage of. I had missed previous notes about the little tabs that are included so carded collectors could hang the 2-pack on the wall, so that was a neat surprice when I found them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I opened my first Tin set last night (ESB.) Setting aside the price, I didn't feel totally taken advantage of. I had missed previous notes about the little tabs that are included so carded collectors could hang the 2-pack on the wall, so that was a neat surprice when I found them.

yes, i do have to agree, that is one of hasbro's better ideas. with rotj, i was happy i could rip open just the vader and biker scout and hang the crappy POTF2 repack 2-pack.

i am starting to believe that the backs of the cards could be a preview for what the backs of the basic figs next year will look like. it is unique and looks nice
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2006, 06:20 PM »
The Cantina band has been found & itis $30.00, now that it's not 40 bucks I will pick a set up.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #274 on: November 21, 2006, 11:05 PM »
I wouldn't mind picking up the Cantina set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2006, 12:52 AM »
I'm not sure about this one.  I really want to see some loose shots of the soft goods to decide.  My cantina can use a full band, but I'd kinda hoped they'd resculpt these with larger craniums and better articulation :D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Unless WM is supposed to hold the Cantina Tin's, my WM's got the regular tins in instead. :(

Can anyone confirm that these are cased out and not packed, say, two per case with the regulars?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:42 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2006, 09:45 AM »
I checked for the Cantina set yesterday as well, but our local WM continues to just have the prequel tins on an endcap (alongside the "Tater" tin set).  Hopefully this won't be too tough to find, I missed out on the Cantina band members the first time around.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Cantina tin set has arrived at Walmart in Canada for $29.99. 

Prequel tins have arrived at TRU in Canada for $39.99 :o

Addition of soft goods cloaks/vests is a nice touch, but not at those prices.  TRU never marks down so those will never be in my collection.  I figure these are worth maybe $15 USD or $20 CAD but even that's a stretch.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Yeah, I finally saw these the other days...tins.  I just could not bring myself to buy them.  They are kind of cool and all but for $30 I just could not justify it.  I almost bought the one with Yoda in it though.  For some reason he was pulling at my nostalgic heart strings but then realized I have probably 10 Yodas at home. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2006, 05:46 PM »
I wouldn't mind picking up the Cantina set.

i'm more excited about this set than the others combined. i would love to get one carded and another to open and display in front of my ANH stuff. anyway, i LOVE this tin set, cant wait to get my paws on it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2006, 08:40 PM »
I have not been able to pick these up in my area due to lack of quantity and quality.  The few hans in the episode V pack I run into are all crossed eyed.  What the hell is up with that? ???

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2006, 11:05 AM »
I've seen all the OT tins (except for the Cantina exclusive one)... none of the PTs. I haven't been grabbing them though since i there is only 1 figure per tin that I'd actually want. I can't justify $30 for 1 figure.

But I will pick up the Cantina one. I need some Bith musicians in my collection.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Guys- check for the Cantina band tins at the main entrance to the store rather than in the toy section.  My WM has TONS of these along the display as you enter the store past the guy or girl handing out carts.  The toy section also had each of the OT sets, and I got a ROTJ set.  I like it!  The Leia colors are finally film-accurate for the better Leia collection sculpt, the ball-jointed new head and paint job on the Endor trooper is nice, and the flip-up visor on the Scout is great despite the clone face :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2006, 09:15 AM »
I found the Modal Nodes tin set on "Black Friday" at our local WM.  There were a couple of them mixed in with the prequel sets they've had sitting about for a couple weeks.  I have to say though, all of these tin sets (the OT ones in particular) seem to be selling pretty well around here.