Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59549 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #315 on: December 11, 2006, 10:45 PM »
So... (and I hope this hasn't been addressed yet)...how are the tins themselves as.. well... tins?

Oboewan

they are excellent, esp. the OT. the art on the ESB one is my favorite. the only subpar one i can think of is the ROTJ one. didnt like it. yeah, but ESB was AWESOME!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2006, 09:29 AM »
So... (and I hope this hasn't been addressed yet)...how are the tins themselves as.. well... tins?

Oboewan

I donno. They're nice to look at, but I can't swear that they're practical. I'd want to use them for accessory storage, but afraid I might ruin them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2006, 12:41 AM »
i just got the only ep2 tin at my walmart for custom fodder, and couldn't tear them apart. instead i have the tin on display. i guess some part of my collector youth remains after all....defently gonna get TPM and ROTS when their cheaper.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2006, 03:30 PM »

Oboewan

I donno. They're nice to look at, but I can't swear that they're practical. I'd want to use them for accessory storage, but afraid I might ruin them.

After opening up the Cantina one, I realized that the depth of the the tins works quite nicely with my Starship Battles minis... I'll probably pick up the rest at some point as well- mainly for the tins actually.

Na
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2006, 03:35 PM »

Oboewan

That's what I'm using them for & there's nothing wrong with mine.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 4, 2007, 03:53 PM »
I ended up finding a case of these in the 'Clearance' section of Wal-Mart this afternoon, but they were still ringing up at full price.  I can only hope that they will be clearancing these out, but something tells me that they just put them in the wrong section by mistake...  Has anyone else seen these starting to go on clearance?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 9, 2007, 11:55 AM »
That same Wal-Mart I mentioned in my last post did in fact put these on clearance.  They only had ROTJ and the Cantina sets by the time I made it back there, but they were both $20.  I only got the Cantina set which was a good deal for $4 a figure!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 9, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I snagged 2 of the Cantina Sets for $13 a piece late last week.  But the regular OT and PT ones were regular price.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 9, 2007, 10:39 PM »
That same Wal-Mart I mentioned in my last post did in fact put these on clearance.  They only had ROTJ and the Cantina sets by the time I made it back there, but they were both $20.  I only got the Cantina set which was a good deal for $4 a figure!

lucky! thats what i asked for for christmas-still havent got it.  :(  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #324 on: January 9, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Nice score Paul.  I'd buy that tin for $13...  I won't buy unless it's at a discount though.  I'm sorta hoping I get an E1 set on the cheap here off someone.  I don't wanna pay that much for really only one figure and a tin.  I could even do without the astromech at this point to get the tin for a "complete" set of those to line behind my figures.  I know I don't give 2 poos about the Obi/Qui-Gon.

Maul's at least good fodder but that's all...  :(

I want the Cantina tin to round out the set, but I'm also willing to do without it if need be...  The movie ones are most important to me to get them all and that E1 one and the E5 one are holding me up.  Both are so...  blah.  I only want Chewbacca out of the E5 set and I only want the astromech out of the E1...  haha.  At least a couple of the others had a few figures I dug to soften the sting of $27.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2007, 10:29 PM »
KB marked the tins down to 19.99, not sure if thats a good deal but i noticed it today when i was there.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2007, 02:38 AM »
Better than any other retailer. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2007, 08:49 AM »
I got the bulk of mine at TRU when they had the buy X amount of merchandise and get a free basic figure.  This is how I built my DS Gunner army.  And TRU actually had the 2nd best regular price on them.

I actually like the TIN part too.  Not sure what I will do with them, but since I have enough of them, I should probably do something...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2007, 09:25 AM »
The tins in general have been in short supply around here, but it's good to hear they are on the way down price-wise. Seems kind of fast though. I've never seen large quantities.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00 PM »
TRU and Wm around here have tons of them Anthony...  Target only seemingly got them in once, only prequal ones too, and only at the end of the holidays...  And it seems like one case or so per store too, not much.  Kind of sucks really.

WM's though around here have TONS of them depending on where you go.  My nearest has maybe a dozen ESB/ROTJ sets (nothing else save for cantina exclusives), yet the first WM on my larger toy loop I make sometimes has I'd say 36 to 50 tins, mostly Original Trilogy and Cantina, with a smattering of PT sets here and there...  Not much beyond that, but it's a lot of what they do have.

The PT sets are the ones that moved though...  Even KM's $32+ price on the PT sets (KM was the one store I saw PT sets in some abundance) went faster than the OT sets.  I mean, even that rape-ish price they sold really well over the holidays.  I think since the OT sets are in abundance at TRU and WM alike they are sitting...  TRU has probably 3 full OT sets at any given TRU I visit.