Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets  (Read 59532 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Set
« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2007, 10:24 PM »
the GOOD target in SJ has a buttload o tins, at least when i checked a week ago. luckily i nabbed the last E2 one, but as for the others all are in abundance.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Does anyone know what exactly this Vader figure is in the IV set?

I love how it's a young Anakin under the helmet.  Has this figure been released before?  I don't think it's exactly the VOTC or Evolutions figure, it seems taller.

Anyone know?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 01:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2007, 01:42 PM »
It is based from the Evo Set, but has a new torso (note the tabard over the armor) gloves, head and paint deco on the chest & waist control boxes.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 01:45 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2007, 01:19 AM »
With young Ani under there, I think it's an ideal pilot for the Sith Starfighter vehicle...  That's where mine might be headed, though one of the numerous VOTC sculpts I own could go to it too, just to fill it out.  The young Ani under there is pretty cool though to display with the Evo figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2007, 11:39 AM »
i krazy glued the helmet on mine. he is an EXCELLENT figure, one of my favorites ever and one of the select few modern ones ive opened and liked.

he's great for ANY scene from episodes 3-6.
BEST VADER FIG EVER!!!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2007, 12:31 PM »
He can't choke people like the Saga 1 Final Duel Vader can!  ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2007, 12:32 PM »
he's great for ANY scene from episodes 3-6.
BEST VADER FIG EVER!!!  8)

I'd say that the ANH tin Vader is really just an A New Hope version, but it definitely qualifies as the best ANH Vader ever.  The details alone on the costume are very specific to the first movie.  The most obvious giveaways are the gloves and the inner robe running over the shoulder armor.  In every other movie that undercloak runs underneath the shoulder armor.  And Vader afficianados will also tell you that the control panel on the chest and belt are different as well.  And truth be told, there are only a small number of Vaders that have represented Vader in ANH.  There's the MOTDS Vader, the new 30AC Vader with Ben's cloak and possibly the POTF2 CommTech Vader that represent Vader from ANH.

It definitely is a great figure, no doubt.  The only gripe I have is that there isn't some kind of a snap mechanism to hold the helmet down more securely.  Other than that?  I have no problem with this figure.  I'm probably going to replace the VOTC Vader I have displayed with the VOTC Ben with the Tin Vader for my Death Star duel scene.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 05:56 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Today I scored a couple of the ROTJ tin sets in Toys R Us' BOGO sale.  They're okay as far as army builder sets go at $15 each for the SA Biker Scout w/ flip-up visor, Endor Trooper PLUS a VOTC Vader.  I'll probably stash the Leia's somewhere.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Everything all said and done, i ended up with a complete set of these. Between KB sales and TRU sales, i figured why not. I liked the tins enough to get them all.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Tin Collector Sets
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2007, 11:35 PM »
The whole collection was just one big fodder lot. I've tossed the tins and put the figures in my fodder bins. Looking forward to these to go on clearence. Would like to army build the Snowtrooper, my favorite trooper, and the biker scout, but the rest is just parts waiting to be taken apart.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #340 on: March 1, 2007, 12:37 AM »
Anyone get the E1 Tin and not want the Tin?  I need it...  Wouldn't mind wrapping this **** up.  I'll live without that droid.

I got the ESB set half off...  Got the others full price, but haven't goten the E1 or Cantina Tins yet at all...  Would like to score the Cantina set on clearance as it is in mass abundance EVERYWHERE here.  The OT tins are fairly common too, but the PT Tins are non-existant most places.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 1, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I keep seeing these pop up on shelves lately. Usually I would just see straggles of OT tins but as of late i've been seeing the PT tins more and more... I still need to pick up the ESB tin for Chewie, i'll cave one of these days...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 1, 2007, 09:32 AM »
There have been getting stocked lately near me as well. I can think of a ton of other items that should be stocked in their stead, like BP, Ships and Basic figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 1, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Has anyone seen the OT tins in stores lately?  Are they being cleared out?  I've been tempted to track down the 3 OT ones since they were here at TRU for about 2 weeks around Christmas and then never showed up again.

My local Walmart still has a few of the Cantina Band tins but still at $20 and I just refuse to pay that much.  Maybe $5.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 1, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Has anyone seen the OT tins in stores lately?  Are they being cleared out?  I've been tempted to track down the 3 OT ones since they were here at TRU for about 2 weeks around Christmas and then never showed up again.

My local Walmart still has a few of the Cantina Band tins but still at $20 and I just refuse to pay that much.  Maybe $5.

I have been stalking these at my Walmarts waiting for them to go on clearance.  Still $26.84.  There are no prequel tins, but one of my Walmarts has about 25 of each of IV, V, and VI.  There is a ton.  So I'm just waiting for those red tags to come out so I can pounce on IV and VI and army build those scouts and sandies with removable helmets.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda