Author Topic: Sideshow LOTR  (Read 20996 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Sideshow LOTR
« on: May 30, 2006, 08:00 PM »
I know that this is mentioned in the LOTR Trilogy thread, but i figured it would be easier in its own spot.

Anyway, I have been ordering these along with the Star Wars collection and have been undecided if i was going to cancel my orders or not. I had thought I would only get a select few and actually had no intention of getting Boromir, but after seeing the exclusive i couldn't resist. Any severed head is awesome.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Sideshow LOTR
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:41 PM »
I already buy stuff from the Star Wars and Buffy lines they do, so I'm kind of tapped out for $50 figures, regardless of how awesome they are.

I think I'm too late for Strider and Legolas, but I'm sure they'll do Helm's Deep versions eventually. Boromir looks great, but the $50 price tag is what's stopping me, though I know I'll regret not getting into this line eventually, but I just can't afford it now.

Plus the fact that the Lothlorien cloaks are on the exclusive versions just annoys the piss out of me. I never got the Fellowship 9-pack with fabric cloaks that TB did because of rarity, and I doubt I'll buy into a hugely expensive line where the same thing will happen again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:26 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:35 AM »
I hear what you are saying, but have been on the fence witht he line but ordered Strider and Legolas just in case. So i am good. I won't be buying them all though. My guess is I will do the fellowship and some villians. If they do random others I will pass. I can't afford to support this with STar Wars. I will probably pick up an actual Aragorn when its offered in addition to Strider.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:18 AM »
If they ever offer a Ringwraith or Eowyn, I'd buy those. I have the TB versions, but they kinda suck since the Wraith can't stand and Eowyn doesn't look like Eowyn.

I guess it depends on the character. I'd like to see how they pull off the hobbits.

Offline Annatar

• Youngling
  • Lord Sauron the Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2006, 02:40 AM »
I wish they would announce some decent PF peices.  :(
Rebelscum: The Wal-Mart of Star Wars forums.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2006, 10:02 PM »
I ordered all three and, if I remember right, the exclusive hung around for a few days before being sold out.  Not as hot of a line as Star Wars but I am glad to add these figures to the other ones I have.  Well, I should re-phrase that....I will be unloading the "other" versions for these ones once they start shipping.  I'll still keep my Mattel ones (because I collect Barbie also) and all my Eowyns and Arwens (regular and customized) but really hope they do Arwen and Elrond in 2007.

I'd like to see how they pull off the hobbits.

Since SS seems to know what "scale issue" is, I am expecting two hobbits for my $55-60 price tag.  I figure the obvious two packs of Sam/Frodo and Merry/Pippin.  Tough part will be the facial sculpt to the size of the doll - but if anyone can pull this off, it should be Sideshow.

Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I figured they'd do two-packs as well. But then I wonder about the inevitable Gollum. And Yoda in the SW line.  ???

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Well for Gollum they couldthrow in a prequel version. As for Yoda, not really sure maybe an ewok.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 8, 2006, 08:52 AM »
I figured Gollum/Smeagol and Gimli/Bilbo.  Not really sure if the scale size of Hobbits vs Dwarfs is much different.

Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 10:32 AM »
It seems that Sideshow mentioned that a new figure would be announced soon. It seems like this line is moving much slower than i had thought it would.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 08:54 PM »
You said it. I ordered Aragorn on Jan. 13th and figured he would have shipped by now.  If they announce another one, I hope they also let us know if the first three will ship in 2006.
Beth

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 11:05 PM »
I think because of the huge delay i have lost some interest in this line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 5, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Sideshow has a first look at the packaging for the LOTR 12 inch line, looks pretty neat.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: September 6, 2006, 10:11 PM »
It looks pretty good, different than Star Wars, but still very nice.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Finally got my notice that Aragorn will arrive in the warehouse in the next week or two and begin shipping.  It couldn't arrive at a better time since I am packing away all my LOTR figures and re-doing my LOTR room. 

It looks like we'll find out Friday what the new 12" figure will be.  Faramir would be a good bet but I'll still hold out hope for Arwen....
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:11 PM by jadesfire »
Beth