First the floor. I took the dark vinyl and tried to add a wash. However, as I probably should have expected, the vinyl floor just repelled the water based wash. So Plan B was a more of a drybrush. Here is the end results. I pretty much used gray, black and a bit of "vermin brown". I just did this on a small piece of the vinyl that I cut up. Any advice for improvements??
Next up, I almost completely finished reworking the "thicker" walls. All but the main arch is finished here. I put a few pieces together to show off the effect. My WIP Gardulla is checking out her new digs.
Lastly, while the brown washes on the floor was drying, I started working on Gardulla's throne. Its foamcore based, with a nice red fabric stuffed with a little polyester fiberfill to give her some cushion. Nothing but the best for my Sexy mama... The walls around the throne are made from Sytrene pieces (including a cut-up "for sale" sign - thanks again for the tip Jesse!) Obviously, the sides need to be trimmed to fit.
This will be my last update for a while, the family is taking a vacation next week to the Carribean. Hopefully there aren't any hurricanes coming through. Should be a great R&R but ZERO customs time. So, it looks like I'm going to be really busy when I get back. I still haven't put together an entry for the challenge yet and there are soo many WIPs here to be finished!!!