Update time. Lots of little things added to the mix this week. Its really shaping up and I'm quite excited about it all.
Here's the round up of new additions:
1) Light fixtures (with working LEDs) on one wall
2) Gardulla's Dias has been resized (read shrunk) so as to not take up quite as much space. Its also been painted.
3) Support columns painted
4) "Iron" gate added to back room
5) Staircase in back hall painted
6) Tables and fixtures sculpted and painted.
I've been playing with the LEDs for this fixture. I was afraid they were going to be too dim but then I removed the resistors and whammo they really turned on bright. I may switch to some yellow lights that are a bit dimmer. We'll have to see. The original bulbs I bought (from Radioshack) burned out without the resistors. However these new ones are from Superbrightleds.com
. They certainly live up to there reputation! The problem with the extra bright bulbs now is that the paint on the fixture isn't quite opaque enough. More experimentation is needed!!
I added the gate as a suggestion from a friend of mine. I thought about adding another curtain but ultimately decided that I liked the asymmetry. I need to figure out some mechanism to "latch" the door shut. The hinge does work so I can open and close the door.
As always, comments, criticisms, suggestions are welcome!