Author Topic: CC1's Customs-Update 10/28-IB-209  (Read 33131 times)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
CC1's Customs-Update 10/28-IB-209
« on: June 1, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Hi,
I've been registered here for a while and never posted, but I'm, finally going to start posting here.  Here are my latest Customs, a 41st Elite Scout, Captain Fordo, and RC-1138"Boss".  Please leave feedback, and thanks for looking :)!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:05 PM by CloneCommander1 »
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: My Customs
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2006, 09:11 PM »
The troopers look great.  The Red Arc is my favorite - great detailing and the photo with the helmet off looks tremendous.  Keep on sharing!

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CloneCommander1's Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2006, 09:29 PM »
my favorite is the boss
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2006, 09:31 PM »
-wow, youtr kashyykk scout looks awsome, really clean!

- your boss looks good, some nice weathering there.

- the arc looks really cool, again nice and clean and the blaster are sick, i keep wanting to do a set, but i never got around to it, yours look great though!

great set of customs, very well done and thanks for posting and sharing them with us!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Welcome, I'm glad you made it here!  You live in STL too, right?

I must say all three are really good customs, especially the Boss.  Painting is realistic and the weathering/scraped paint is fantastic.

Like the other too a lot too, and this looks like a sign of great things to come from you!

:)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2006, 11:52 PM »
Yep, I live in STL, thanks for the compliments.
I have been meaning to post over here for a while, but hadn't got around to it until now.  I hope to start posting all my customs over here along with coreplanets and RS, and maybe join in on the group projects and stuff.  Thanks again for the compliments and the warm welcome from all of you.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2006, 09:50 AM »
I do like that Boss. That's actually the paint scheme I'm planning on my MM version. However, I think it would have looked better without the paint wear and tear. Just solid orange/red would have been better in order to show off the paint pattern.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Outstanding clone commando!  I love the paint, weathering, deco, and articulation!  Fantastic job all around. 

The Red ARC is outstanding.  Beautiful job.  Do the weapons fit into the holsters?  Its just a very sharp looking piece.  I prefer red ARCS to the blue ones and this guy justr looks great!
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys :D.  Outrider, no the weapons do not fit in the holsters, but I am expireimenting with some holsters that might work, so as soon as I find one I like I'll post updated pics.  And Phurby, while the solid paint job might do a better job of illustrating the lines, I'm kinda big on weathering right now and I felt like Boss would have been through a lot(Although I think I overdid it on the chest :P)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Republic Commando Boss- Looks great, good weathering.
Kashyyyk Scout Trooper- Love the camo paint scheme.
ARC Trooper Fordo- Excellent weatering, he looks really badass and like hes been through hell and beyond.

Great job Clone Commander1.  :)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Well I have some new stuff to show.  My updated 41st Elite scout with a BARC trooper pack-in helmet, and my Capt. Compton that I made for the monthly customizing challenge.

Please leave comments and thanks for looking!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2006, 12:48 AM »
The BARC Trooper looks really good.  I would suggest maybe doing a bit of cleaning on the chin area - did you dremel that?  It looks good but a bit of plastic looks to have some shredding going on.  The paint on this looks awesome.

Capt. Compton is a very interesting concept, and one that I like.  His shoulders do seem to be protruding out some though... ball joints are a pain in the neck to work with... I like the legs you used, but I might go back to the regular Veers arms?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #12 on: June 5, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Looks good, If you take a ball grinding bit and use it on the hole of the arms you can actually get them to fit nicely, I've done it on several occasions.
Any way keep up the good work.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2006, 11:49 AM »
I know that the ball joints protrude a little bit, I'm just too lazy to pop them out and start dremeling again, but I'll get on that soon enough.  Thanks for the comments.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #14 on: June 5, 2006, 10:39 PM »
The Clones look cool, especially Fordo.  I'll have to make one of them and use yours as an example.  The weathering is very well done.

The updated 41st Elite with the BARC Trooper pack-in helmet is awesome, I'd much rather see a 41st Elite custom using that pack-in helmet (or a modified Scout Trooper helmet). 

Commander Compton - aside from the shoulders which you've already addressed, I really like it.  The parts use is cool (combining the Royal Guard parts with Gen. Veers is a great idea).  I would give him a different head (maybe a BBi Elite Force 1:18th scale head) to further separate him from Veers. 

The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.