Author Topic: New "Nabor" wave Pictures at Galactic Hunter  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
New "Nabor" wave Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« on: June 2, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Not sure where this topic should go, but they've got pictures of what they're calling "Saga 2 Wave 7," which includes:

Emperor's Wrath Vader
Rep Teers
Gragra
Holographic Maul
Luke Speederbike
Endor Rebel Trooper
Naboo Flight Crew
Dud Bolt and Mars Guo!

Link

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 01:01 PM by Jeff »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: New Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Cool stuff, I love it...

Vader - Wow, it's like a custom figure almost!  I'll be using parts of this with a Hoth Vader to make a better one I hope.  Check out the skull!

Rep Teers - So glad they're finally making this... gonna probably be a pegwarmer, but that's ok.  Better than not being made at all.

Gragra - About damn time Hasbro!  This looks like the best figure of the bunch... hee hee, I love this character.  I'll be wanting several for customs.

Holo Maul - Awful.  Pass.

Endor Luke - Love the cloak, count me in for probably two of them, and it's a repack really, but that's ok.

Endor Rebel - Is that Lando?  It sure as hell looks like him... looks like a kitbash from the previous Endor Rebel, this time with much better articulated legs.  Looks like ball joint knees!  I want a squad of these guys.  Wonder if we'll get head variants?

Naboo Flight Crew - What a boring figure... and I LOVE IT.  Looks like pretty good articulation... his head seems small though, wonder what it looks like with the helmet on... I do want to army build this.  I see tons and tons of potential with customzing this figure.

Podrace Pilots - Not too interesting, but I'll pick it up... what the hell is on the guy's head on the left, a marshmellow?

:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Overall I am happy with all of them except the Vader.  It looks to be the POTJ Wrath version which is somewhat dated IMO.  The Luke looks decent and they seem to have fixed the hand so that he can now hold a blaster and saber better.  I would not doubt if these were not finished product since the Naboo Pilot sculpt looks a little too POTF2.  It sucks that the Endor Soldier is posed but am glad to have another Black character added into the collection. Hopefully this gives hope to a Black Bespin Guard.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Not sure where this topic should go, but they've got pictures of what they're calling "Saga 2 Wave 7,"

Rebelscum says these are the the five Battle of Naboo wave figures (sans Obi-Wan Kenobi), and the three Battle of Endor figures which were said to be cancelled at one point. 

So are they all gonna be in the same assortment?  Or will the Endor guys ship with the other Endor guys?  I don't know--I'll let the assortment experts here sort it all out.

(And, call me crazy, but does Gragra have an articulated mouth?!)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Looks like the folks at 4-inches have a new rumor list (thanks to Jayson for the heads up ;)):

Basic Figures
TSC/#044: Luke Skywalker (Endor Battle Poncho)
TSC/#045: Darth Vader (Endor Capture)
TSC/#046: Rebel Trooper (Endor Bunker)
TSC/#047: Darth Maul (Holographic Sith Lord)
TSC/#048: Obi-Wan Kenobi (TBA)
TSC/#049: Rep Bean (Gungan Warrior)
TSC/#050: Naboo Soldier
TSC/#051: Podracer Pilots (2-Pack)
TSC/#052: Graga (Mos Espa Market Stallholder)

Looks like that rumor list was right on the money, only one missing from the GH pics is Obi-Wan.

So are they all gonna be in the same assortment? Or will the Endor guys ship with the other Endor guys? I don't know--I'll let the assortment experts here sort it all out.

Yeah, all in the same box - here was the rumored case pack that popped up at the same time as that Rumor List...

1x 86950 TSC/#044: Luke Skywalker (Endor Battle Poncho)
2x 86960 TSC/#045: Darth Vader (Endor Capture)
2x 86980 TSC/#046: Rebel Trooper (Endor Bunker)
1x 87090 TSC/#047: Darth Maul (Holographic Sith Lord)
1x 87089 TSC/#048: Obi-Wan Kenobi (TBA)
1x 87084 TSC/#049: Rep Bean (Gungan Warrior)
2x 87085 TSC/#050: Naboo Soldier
1x 87086 TSC/#051: Podracer Pilots (2-Pack)
1x 87088 TSC/#052: Graga (Mos Espa Market Stallholder)

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:05 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2006, 12:04 PM »
The Endor Rebel Soldier should NOT have preposed arms like it does. The kitbash thing is fine, but only if they improve the figure. Those bent arms are awful. Hated them before, and hate them still.

CHEWIE, your thoughts on the flight crew are exactly as mine. It's a very generic figure, and I love it! I, too, wish I could see what the helmet looks like. It does suffer from a little pinheadedness, but the pic might not do it justice.

The pit racers are cool. I always liked these weird little guys.

Can't wait for more pics.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Looks like that rumor list was right on the money, only one missing from the GH pics is Obi-Wan.

That Obi-Wan is MIA gives me hope that they were planning on releasing a repack of him, but came to their collective senses and decided to shelf him in favor of an all-new, super-articulated version.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:10 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New Naboo/Endor wave Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Ah Hem

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12108.225

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8609.msg231621#msg231621

Yeah, but this is neither the Naboo wave nor the Endor wave.  This wave has got elements of both.  It's the "Nabor" wave--an appropriate nickname, given the resculpts and repacks included therein.

(And this was posted first.) 

:-*

Gregg

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2006, 12:17 PM »

Yeah, but this is neither the Naboo wave nor the Endor wave.  This wave has got elements of both.  It's the "Nabor" wave--an appropriate nickname, given the resculpts and repacks included therein.

(And this was posted first.) 

:-*

Gregg

Well of course you were first, I was just answering this question:

"Not sure where this topic should go:"

I was thinking that they just happened to get pictures of both waves at once...  That's how RS reported it anyway - here's the Naboo wave and here's the Endor figures that were rumored cancelled but now appear to be coming out anyway.

I think I'm going to change those RS links to send people to GH instead.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:21 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New "Nabor" wave Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2006, 12:20 PM »
That Obi-Wan is MIA gives me hope that they were planning on releasing a repack of him, but came to their collective senses and decided to shelf him in favor of an all-new, super-articulated version.

Pics apparently originated here:

http://www.mandaloriandistrict.co.uk/

And the guy claims he'll have a photo of Obi-Wan up in a little bit.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2006, 12:26 PM »

"This one's got a new hat" :slothus:

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New "Nabor" wave Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2006, 12:35 PM »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Jesus Christ Hasbro! Can we stop with the rehashes please!!

I hope we get the Anakin repacked from his podracer so I can run out on to the highway to end this cruel game.

What's the deal with giving the Endor Luke a holster anyway??? Way to pay attention Big H!
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:43 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 2, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I need to see that Obi Wan without the robe before I decide to buy him.  He looks like a repack at this point.  The Luke looks like a winner because those hands are new.  Hopefully he doesn't have the hard plastic skirt that prevented movement the first time around.  I'm hoping it's gone because it wouldn't be accurate otherwise.