Author Topic: Customizer's Block???  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Customizer's Block???
« on: June 3, 2006, 12:07 AM »
I spend a lot of time rumaging through my fodder bins, trying to come up with new ideas for customs. I stick a lot of different parts together trying to find something that works and looks cool. It's my way of Brainstorming. Sometimes I come up with really cool ideas, but I just don't know where to go with it. Case in point, here are 3 great looking heads that have been on my WIP bench for months, and I just can't figure out what to do with them as far as the bodies go.

They are in WIP Limbo. I would appreciate any sugestions, but what I'd really like to know, is how many of you get Stuck with the same Great Ideas, but no where to go with them, and how do you deal with it? :-\
LMK,
Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Customizer's Block???
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2006, 12:37 AM »
If I get stuck for an idea on a particular custom, I usually just set it aside and move onto the next one in my head and then go back to it when I've mentally figured out what was holding me back. I alwys ave at least 2 dozen customs in some form of preparation (either brainstorming, mental design, parts selection, etc.) so I always have something to work on. I have never run out of ideas or even hit a dry spell myself.
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2006, 01:54 AM »
I asked the board to help. Plus photoshopping so ideas helps me also. Just snap some picture and cut and paste until you get something that looks good. Works wonders for me.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2006, 10:33 AM »
To be honest, it's never happened to me... but sometimes I just don't feel like customizing, which is when I work on the photonovels.  I guess it's never happened to me because I buy way too much stuff for fodder... and I love to make so many background characters/aliens too.  I have so many ideas in my head on what I still want to make, my main problem is finding time.    :(

By the way Fritz - I like this -

The Cobra head on the left would make for a good Slave Trader I think... the Stormie head with the helmet looks neat, some sort of field general perhaps, and I think the one on the right looks like a good gang member head for a thug on Coruscant underground.

:)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2006, 11:54 AM »
It's not that I'm out of Ideas. I have tons of projects I'm currently working on. It's just that sometimes I come up with a really good Idea like these heads, but I can't think of parts that would copliment those ideas, to make a cool looking Custom. These heads in paticular have great personalities. The one on the right, I'm thinking would make a cool Dark Lord or a Bounty Hunter. I just need a unique Body that would compliment the helmet. The one in the middle, is for some kind of Imperial Commander. Kind of an OT Bacura. Again the Body just hasn't come together in my head. The on on the right, I know exactly what I want to do with it. I want a Jabiim Soldier from the Republic Comics, I'm totally stumped on the Body Choice though. Another Problem is that I'm very picky about the Parts I use. I want these Customs to look Good and if I cut corners for a fast fix, I know I won't be happy with the results, and they'll never see the light of day.
Fritzkrieg

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2006, 01:31 PM »
fritz, those heads are great, especially the one on the right. i have a body that would look great with that head. i had planned on making some sort of republic general with it, but i have haven't been able to find a head or arms that work well with it yet, so it has been set in the "mabey later" pile with about 20 other projects i had started and got stumped on! so yea, i get customizers block quite often, it's really a bummer.....
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2006, 02:40 PM »
Gotcha Fritz.  Here's what I'd do with those parts -

Head on the left -

I'd try using a Djas Puhr body and go from there.

Middle head -

I'd combine parts from a VOTC Stormtrooper and a ROTS Clone Commander.  Maybe use the body from the Clone, but use forearms and shins from the Stormie.

Right head -

Not sure... I'd have to go through my parts and just find a body that seemed to work.

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Ive been having a bit of customisers block myself recently.

Seeing how I work constantly as of late, I havent had much time to devote. And the time I have had I just havent had the desire. Ironicly enough, usually when I have the desire, I'm usually stuck at work. Its a vicious cycle.

I do sympathise with you though.

Give me a little time and Ill see if I can think of something.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2006, 08:10 PM »
those sounds like some good suggestions chewie! for the head on the far left, the cyborg looking one, i was thinking a captin typho torso, admiral motti legs and i really don't know on the arms, mabey admiral motti as well!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 4, 2006, 12:45 AM »
those sounds like some good suggestions chewie! for the head on the far left, the cyborg looking one, i was thinking a captin typho torso, admiral motti legs and i really don't know on the arms, mabey admiral motti as well!

Or go more of the droid route with him to add to the cyborg look. You don't see many like that in Star Wars other than Grievous. Oh and Anakin and Luke with their hands and some EU characters, but don't know much about EU. I have a custom in the works with a robotic leg that I need to finish up.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #10 on: June 4, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Well if you are going for a Jabim soldier, I'd suggest a crew neck t-shirt (Which can be dremeled from a JP3 Jack Kirby figure) with a XD battle of the bulge trenchcoat over top

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2006, 04:20 PM »
I was bored, so I made a mock-up of a custom idea using your head design:

I love doing this, messing around in paint.  :) Enjoy