Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253867 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2006, 01:36 PM »
I don't know if something like this has been asked or not, but I'm going to post it anyway.

Hasbro,

Will there be a standard rifle for Clone Trooper figures from now on? Next year's Galactic Marine and Elite Scout/Kashyyyk/BARC Trooper looks to be carrying an Evolutions Clone Trooper rifle, while next years Airborne Trooper has the Clone Trooper rifle that has been packed with most of the Clone Trooper figures from 2002 to now. Is there going to be a standard type of Clone Trooper rifle from now on, or will they continue to be mixed? I think two different styles of the same weapon looks silly when I put my Clone Troopers together into one large group.

-Greg

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2006, 05:41 PM »
No answers from Hasbro today?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2006, 05:50 PM »
I thought they said that there would be none this week. Or was that for last week? I'm so confused...  ???

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2006, 11:01 PM »
No answers from Hasbro today?

It must have been a busy Friday at the big H... I've seen nothing from them yet and I don't see anyone else posting any either.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2006, 12:01 PM »
I got a question for Hasbro.

How much crack do you Hasbro reps smoke before you decide on what figures to repack? Why is are you shipping so many more ROTS Greatest Hits cases over the newer Saga waves?
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Are the rumors about next year's vintage line true? (Bossk,IG-88,Snow Trooper, Bespin Han & Luke,etc...)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 1, 2006, 10:05 AM »
I just saw the boxed images of the capture of the tantive 4 and my first thoughts were WTF? Why are the stormies dirty! and how come on the back you show the good VOTC stormies but then the product sucks! If you realy want this pack to sell i think you should put in clean VOTC stormies if not then i'll pass. And when i first saw the images of them not boxed i was gonna pik up 4 of them but now seeing how they look like sandies i'll pass. :-\ :'( :-X :P
« Last Edit: November 1, 2006, 10:07 AM by 212th Battalion »
Momar and Fester

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2006, 11:51 AM »
How long is the expected wait to receive a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise? It has been two months since my check was cashed. Is there an e-mail address or phone number we can contact to check the status?
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: November 3, 2006, 11:39 AM »
How long is the expected wait to receive a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise? It has been two months since my check was cashed. Is there an e-mail address or phone number we can contact to check the status?

Hasbro's standard reply (when they do reply), is that :

Your Exclusive George Lucas (in Stormtrooper Disguise) Figure will be mailed to you between June 30, 2006 and December 31, 2006.

Unforunately, they are running a bit slowly with the orders lately... some folks have waited 3-4 months.  There isn't anything you can really do at this point to make them go any faster.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #144 on: November 5, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Here's a question...

Would you, or have you ever, considered continuing the vintage line with newly sculpted characters in the simple style of the 70s and 80s?  A sandtrooper, Grand Moff Tarkin and A Rebel Fleet Trooper would be amazing pieces, as would Drath Maul,  Jango Fett or any kind of Clone. If done correctly, they would be cheaper to produce than regular figures becuse of less paints applications and articulation.  You could also packe them like the Vintage OTC/Saga figures and since they would be a fringe sub-line, you could charge more for them.  They would make excellent exclusives. As someone who has collected since the Early Bird kit, these would be a bit of a dream come true.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #145 on: November 7, 2006, 11:51 AM »
They answered a similar question a few months ago:

For years I have waited in hopes of seeing a true vintage line of figures representing characters from Episodes I, II, and III! I know most vintage star wars collectors would go nuts for true vintage scuplts of key characters from the three prequel movies. With the scuplting style of the 80's the vintage line would be the figures to collect. The three movies could be broken down into six figure assortments. (ED: List omitted- overly extensive.) (F, 7/14/06)

We have no plans to go back to the true vintage Kenner style of sculpt. We have looked at this several times, and the belief is that while this would be appealing to some, the greater collecting audience wants figures that continue to offer modern sculpting and articulation aesthetics. Any figures done in this style would not be as popular as figures done in the modern style.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline spooky lightup

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 7, 2006, 10:48 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

I was very disappointed to learn that you wouldn't be producing anymore animated style Clone Wars figures.  Each offering sold briskly and the line had enormous potential, especially if it were to spin-off and include designs from the Original Trilogy.  If you won't make them, would you ever consider sharing the responsibilities of such a line similar to the situation you have with Sideshow Collectibles and the 12" line.  Gentle Giant appears to have carved themselves a nice niche in making animated style maquettes & bust-ups and would be a natural candidate for such a product.

Thanks.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Since you was so nice enough to send us a pic of the 2007 Galactic Marine with it's helmet removed how about a pic of the 2007 Super Battle Droid with it flames removed?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 10:27 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I noticed an unintentional (or so it seems) feature on the TSC C-3PO with Ewok throne. His arms seem to be very easy to snap off and back on again. This feature merged with his superior articulation makes me wonder if you would ever consider re-releasing him with ANH Tatooine paint-aps to recreate his fallduring the Tusken attack. With your new VTSC Sand People a figure like this would look very good. How about a repaint of this figure into a new, non-battle damaged K-3PO for Hoth scenes? Or maybe TC-14? I just think that this well-articulated figure would be great for high-demand protocol droid re-paints in the near future. Just a thought. So what do you think?
                                                                                                   -David
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Thanks Matt, I hadn't seen that one...well, I can dream, can't I?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com