Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 256848 times)

Offline johna

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2007, 09:59 PM »
With all the  cantina and jabbas palace figs rumored, will we see more figs from the Outlander nightclub?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Will we see another round of vintage figures next year? There's still some main characters & troopers need to be done.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2007, 03:11 PM »
- Over the past year we've gotten several figures with removeable helmets, including Stormtroopers. Are removeable helmets going to become a standard for the Star Wars line from now on?

- This year we're getting new, super articulated versions of Bossk and IG-88 in the Vintage line, a re-release of the VOTC Boba Fett in the Saga legends line, and a new version of 4-LOM in the Basic line. This leaves us with Dengar and Zuckuss as the only two Bounty Hunters left who do not have toys up to par with their counterparts. It's been 3 years since the latest version of Dengar came out and almost 10 since the last Zuckuss was released. Is there any chance we'll get a new Dengar and Zuckuss in 2008 to go along with the other super articulated bounty hunters?

- Are there any plans for Comic Packs based on the Shadows of the Empire comics?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 03:31 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2007, 06:12 PM »

- This year we're getting new, super articulated versions of Bossk and IG-88 in the Vintage line, a re-release of the VOTC Boba Fett in the Saga legends line, and a new version of 4-LOM in the Basic line. This leaves us with Dengar and Zuckuss as the only two Bounty Hunters left who do not have toys up to par with their counterparts. It's been 3 years since the latest version of Dengar came out and almost 10 since the last Zuckuss was released. Is there any chance we'll get a new Dengar and Zuckuss in 2008 to go along with the other super articulated bounty hunters?

- Are there any plans for Comic Packs based on the Shadows of the Empire comics?

Those are great questions. The only thing I would add is I would mention a new Xizor and Guri in the question about SOTE.

My question:
What influenced your decision to repack ROTS #2: Anakin Skywalker in the Saga Legends line rather than the far superior Evolutions Anakin?

WILL WE EVER SEE HOTH HAN AVAILABLE WITH THE HOOD UP? WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE HOOD-UP HEADSCULPT THAT LUCASFILM DIDN'T APPROVE?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2007, 06:32 PM »

Take a look back through the Q&A archive and you will see that they have hinted the answer is maybe... not in '07, but possibly '08.

From Hasbro...
- Possibly, but our preference would be to go back and re-do (with current sculpting/articulation) some of those original Shadows figures first.
- ([Bothan] Koth [Melan] is a good one if we ever do more Shadows of the Empire figures).

What influenced your decision to repack ROTS #2: Anakin Skywalker in the Saga Legends line rather than the far superior Evolutions Anakin?

Hasbro has said that it was simply a matter of which molds were available at the factory that the Legends figures were being made.  Whether you buy that excuse or not is separate issue. ;)

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE HOOD-UP HEADSCULPT THAT LUCASFILM DIDN'T APPROVE?

From Hasbro:
Lucasfilm did not think the aesthetics of the hood-up head sculpt were right for the product, so they asked us to pull it out. Given that it was too late to resculpt the accessory, we pulled it from the product rather than rework it and delay Vintage more than it had already been delayed.

Basically, LFL thought that it just wasn't "right" for this vintage figure.  Hasbro has hinted at times (like C-IV) that we may see that head (or something very similar) in a future re-release of the figure eventually. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2007, 01:13 AM »

Take a look back through the Q&A archive and you will see that they have hinted the answer is maybe... not in '07, but possibly '08.

From Hasbro...
- Possibly, but our preference would be to go back and re-do (with current sculpting/articulation) some of those original Shadows figures first.
- ([Bothan] Koth [Melan] is a good one if we ever do more Shadows of the Empire figures).

Thanks, Jeff. I knew people had asked about future comic packs before, but I wasn't sure about the SOTE ones. I had a hunch, looks like someone did after all. Good thing you're here to provide a "cleanup" of sorts. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2007, 12:25 AM »
We were shot down when we asked about the Indy 4 toys a few months ago, but now that the cat's out of the bag, can we give it another try?  There's a few things we could ask about, I think:  What their initial plans are, what scale they'll be using, if we'll get some classic Indy stuff in addition to Indy 4 stuff, if we'll be seeing anything in San Diego, etc.

I'm jonesing for any info about this line and if we could bleed some info out of them that would rock. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Will we ever see star wars kid? ???
I suck.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #248 on: July 1, 2007, 08:19 AM »
You guys are doing large scaled Marvel heroes (Sentinel, Galactus), is there any chance we can get a Galactic Heroes Rancor and Bantha?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 6, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Another Indy related question:

Will the Indiana Jones line be focused on Indy 4 or on the whole saga?

Now a Star Wars question:
Once you finished the Cantina & Jabba's Palace will you move on to a different group of alien characters, or will you go back & re-sculpt previous characters from those groups?

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 7, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Don't know if the question is asked or not, but with succesfully bringing out the V-wing fighter ( very glad to have one :) ),there is a case of when is the special pilot coming out? Reading about it in the ROTS-incredible cross-sections and at Wookiepedia (click here to find out, there is a different clone pilot at stake here..... looking like a.......

AT-AT pilot? Is it coming out?
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: July 7, 2007, 10:38 PM »
Will the Indiana Jones line be focused on Indy 4 or on the whole saga?

Based on the LEGO sets and some of the other info leaking so far, it is very likely that the Indy line will include stuff from all 4 movies and not just the latest one.  We'll have more info and confirmation at SDCC I'm sure...

Don't know if the question is asked or not, but with succesfully bringing out the V-wing fighter ( very glad to have one :) ),there is a case of when is the special pilot coming out?

Last time someone asked about that was back in December... the answer then was no:

we do not have a V-Wing pilot slated to go with the V-Wing as of this time.  Eventually, it will be a figure we'll do but we do not have a timetable.  Patience on that one.

So, much like everything lately it's an "eventually" answer.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2007, 06:49 PM »
People talk about the need for a new Dengar & Zuckuss but will you guys ever do a super-articulated ESB Boba Fett? There's a couple costume differences between ESB & ROTJ.

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2007, 09:01 AM »
Although you've said the holiday special boba fett may be all we'll see from that show, the family of chewbacca wouldn't be that far 'out there' in terms of figure treatment, considering they also appeared
in an issue of the chewbacca comic series, and nearly made the cut 30 yrs ago.
So hows'bout some wookiee love ?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2007, 04:13 PM »
Since we've now seen the 30th Anniversary Collection Destroyer Droid but without the shield can we see a pic of it with a whole shield around it?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 04:14 PM by Rune Haako »