Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253782 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #345 on: June 2, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Ahem...

You've recently said that you can't figure out how to get a new Jabba on the shelves...
would you ever consider releasing items in the 20.00 Starfighter Assortment that weren't vehicles?  Jabba and a Throne would make a great toy, as would say, a Hoth Turret/Radar Lasar Cannon type set. 

I think that the 20.00 price range could be very usefull for the the sorts of small scale action environments that many collectors are asking for.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #346 on: June 6, 2008, 05:57 PM »
3. Does Hasbro Still hold the Battlestar Galactica Licence? Is/was there ever a chance we would see a 3 3/4 inch Line?

It was not part of the Q&A, but Hasbro's license for BSG expires at the end of the year, unless they renew it.  There are still no plans for 3.75" figures...  not this year anyway.

Ahem...

Your question is in the hopper, but it takes time to get to everything we want to ask in a timely manner... patience!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 6, 2008, 07:56 PM »
- The Indy with Horse is my favorite piece from the Deluxe Indy line, mostly due to the awesome Horse. The articulation rocks! Are there any plans to redo any Star Wars beasts with similar articulation, such as a Tauntaun?

- Hover Trains have played a vital role in some levels in Star Wars video games such as Rogue Squadron and Jedi Outcast. Do you think we'll ever see a Hover Train vehicle before the Star Wars license ends?

- Remember those Disney exclusive Star Tours figures from 2002-2004? Have there been any discussions about repaints or reissues of any of the droid sculpts into the basic line?

- Which vehicle would you rather see re-made first with appropriate scale ala the new Falcon: AT-ST, AT-AT, Slave I, or the Imperial Shuttle?

- Back in 2000 LEGO released a few Star Wars multipacks of their minifigures exclusive to their website. These sets were recieved well by LEGO collectors because some people were be able to get certain minifigs of Star Wars characters without having to spend $50 on a huge LEGO set. The rumor is that Hasbro put an end to these sets because it was too similar to LEGO selling action figures. Is this true? Care to shed any light about the situation?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #348 on: June 6, 2008, 08:48 PM »
- The Indy with Horse is my favorite piece from the Deluxe Indy line, mostly due to the awesome Horse. The articulation rocks! Are there any plans to redo any Star Wars beasts with similar articulation, such as a Tauntaun?

Someone asked something similar two weeks ago... (not sure where it was asked, but it's on the Hasbro Site):

Q. The "super articulated" Horse from the Indiana Jones deluxe line is way cool. Any chance of you taking that step into the SW Universe and giving us a REALLY COOL SA Tauntaun?   

A. Now that's an interesting idea we honestly had not been thinking about.  We'll pass it around the team and see what they think.  We will confirm there are some other beasts we are looking at updating first….so if we get to an SA Tauntaun, it may be a little while.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 6, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Yeah I figured that was asked but good to have confirmation. I was originally going to ask a question regarding some kind of beast line but then I remembered Hasbro answering a similar question a while back.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2008, 11:40 AM »
An eBay auction has appeared for a PX Exclusive Admiral Ackbar, complete with boxed pictures. It looks terrific! Can you confirm this item and maybe shed some light on when and where (SDCC?) it will be available?

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Can you tell us what kind of articulation the new clone heavy gunner has, from The legacy wave 2? the guy with the big quad cannon.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Isn't he the same figure as from Hunt for Grevious except with a new gun?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 16, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Isn't he the same figure as from Hunt for Grevious except with a new gun?

Well he has has a removable helmet. But my question doesnt matter anymore, I found some carded shots and found out he was indeed SA.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2008, 03:59 PM »
A unique situation is about to happen in San Diego on July 26th. The day that officially launches the legacy and animated clone wars lines happens to occur during the biggest annual collector gathering in the world - Comic-Con. I can envision every retailer that carries Hasbro Star Wars products in the San Diego area being besieged that Saturday morning with the unusually high concentration of Star Wars collectors and comic-con vendors alike, potentially causing a great deal of drama. Was Comic-Con taken into consideration when deciding upon the launch date? Are there any plans to work with local retailers to deal with this unique situation? Will there be enough product to accommodate the unusually high number of collectors and vendors and are there any plans to rigorously prevent vendors from buying out a store down the street from the convention center only to mark up the price at a booth a hundred feet away from yours?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 27, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Images have recently surfaced of a Wal-Mart exclusive Republic Gunship. The picture on the box shows the vehicle with a Twi'Lek in clone trooper gear deco on the nose. Can you confirm whether we are getting this deco or not? Also, will a turret be made separately available somehow so that we can stick it on to this gunship and perhaps past versions as well?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 19, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Are there any plans to release speeder bikes in the near future?  I have a squad of biker scouts with no way to get into the fight! Also the new lancer droids with need some way to get around.  Unmarked speeder/swoop bikes with different decals to customize our armies would be great.

Offline stewbacca

• Youngling
  • Has too much stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 6, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Not a question but a reply-- I believe Chewies family appeared in the Chewbacca 4 issue mini series from Dark Horse (the one celebrating his life and death)- might just want to mention that in response to their comments.
The one who dies with the most toys win.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Many vintage fans have their own ideas as to which figures have yet to be updated. For example, some count characters like POTJ's Bespin Guard and Saga's Imperial Dignitaries as upgrades, while others don't since the latest offerings don't match the character on the vintage cards. Some fans don't count figures that never appeared on card, like Paploo. Others think we'll never get characters that satisfy the Rebel Commander or Imperial Commander vintage figures. What does Hasbro's vintage figures "yet to be updated" list look like in the context of these broad strokes?

Offline fordo77

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 20, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Dear hasbro will you be making a sarlacc damaged boba fett. thanks dakota