Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253072 times)

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I like the looks of the upcoming CW 2-packs.  How about a pack featuring a Clone Y-Wing pilot and his astromech, to coincide with the release of the Y-Wing this fall?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 1, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Your first take at the Kashyyyk trooper, which was a straight Scout trooper repaint, remains a popular figure in the after market. Any chance of this figure being re-release, but this time, as an Imperial Trooper?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #407 on: July 8, 2009, 03:51 PM »
QUESTION>>>

Now that the Clone Wars line is a great success, is there any chance that you will add animated style OT figures into the mix? (Gentle Giant has set a precedent with their statues.) I would love to see a nicely designed Vader, Luke or Solo.  All you would have to do is have a "Classic Character" label on the card, and I'm sure they'd sell briskly.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline treebeard

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 29, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Hasbro,
Why have the original Rebo band members, as well as the cantina band members, never been released individually? They are all in major need of an upgrade. They seem like they are popular enough characters, so any chance that you could be making some new versions of these guys in the near future? An original Sy Snootles would be really nice too!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:18 PM by treebeard »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2009, 03:58 AM »
Hey Hasbro, Celeste Morne was the star of Star Wars: Vector. She played such an influential role, and, as such, she deserves the action figure treatment. But when? A Comic Pack (featuring any of the Vector Comics) would be nice! She could be packed in with either Darth Vader, a Rakghoul, or even Karness Muur himself! This is even a great oppurtunity for a new KOTOR Zayne Carrick! For Celeste, super articulation would be key, and a removable Muur Talisman would be neccessary.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
Now that Comic Con has come and gone, I noticed one thing that was missing from the presentation...  The Visionaries Darth Maul, who was featured in the SW Insider article.  What is the current status of this figure?

Offline LordMaul

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
so far imperial officer figures suffered either from lack of articulation (General Veers) or awkward Death Star Trooper legs (Captain Needa). When do we finally get a completely new SA imperial officer? A really good body sculpt with a replaceable rank badge could be used over and over again to produce ultimate versions of much demanded characters like Admiral Piett, Captain Lennox, Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Pallaeon, Commander Praji or Lieutenant Sheckil.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 29, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Being a huge Imperial fan - and Hasbro, I know you know who I am - I love that question.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #413 on: August 29, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I asked a similar question a couple weeks ago. Here's what they had to say:

Q3: Now that we've received pretty much the ultimate Imperial officer sculpt in Captain Needa, can we expect an updated A New Hope version of Grand Moff Tarkin (or other officers) in the not to distant future?

A3: Perhaps not as quickly as you'd like, but we do have plans to utilize this body for future officer releases and upgrades.  Tarkin would certainly be high on the list of those we'd like to see updated.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:50 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: August 29, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Sounds like the body's going to be kind of like the TIE Fighter.  They got the torso down now, so they gotta work on legs, arms, etc.  :)  Though I think that the arms are alright.  Legs are about all that needs fixed unless you count the "skirt" needing to have a slit for sitting, or to be cloth all together. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2009, 10:53 AM »
I dunno. I'd rather see them take another stab at the the whole thing, though, the Lt. Sunbar figure isn't so bad as a base.

Offline LordMaul

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 6, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
the upcoming Giran, Nysad and Malakili figures look fantastic and has us yearning for more of Jabba’s goons. So what can we expect in the next two years? A new Gamorrean Guard and Woof have already been confirmed but will there finally be new skiff or sail barge guards such as Kithaba, Queequeg, Verdain, Vizam or Yotts Oren?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Dear Hasbro, who is this Stan guy? Why does he always profess to have "inside" knowledge of what's in production?

Just giving you a hard time, Stan.  ;)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Hey Hasbro, with the foreknowledge that the Build-A-Droid pack-in concept will eventually end and the fact that the Evolutions line is retiring, have you considered combining both, using existing tooling, for a new line in the future? Do you think kids and collectors would be interested in a 3 pack of astromechs (one perhaps being R2-D2 that you could take apart) with additional domes and rocket legs that can be swapped, or a set of uniquely painted protocol droids, or perhaps another set with repaints of the aggressive droids, all with parts than can be swapped to make unique figures?  Darth Gamboa
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2009, 03:51 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Recently you stated that the comic packs had dwindled in sales . The reason is you have repacks in some of the recent assortments that are almost three years old ( Marvel comic figures) and not enough of the new packs in the case assortments. Are you willing to rectify this problem, or will the line fade away? Ghost of QG