Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253809 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #465 on: November 14, 2010, 03:20 PM »
This year we have seen 45 released / scheduled action figures; Will Hasbro release less than 60 action figures for 2011?

How much OT figures will we get for 2011?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 16, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Couple of questions....

1) Would you ever consider releasing packs of figure stands that just say generically "Star Wars" on them, like the new stands that come with the Clone Wars figures (for example)?

2) Why do you continue to release characters in the Clone Wars line with limited articulation or molded plastic "skirts" only to release new versions at a later date with better articulation and typically soft-goods in place of those molded plastic parts? Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Cad Bane, Count Dooku and the Cold Weather/Flamethrower Clone are all great examples of this. Wouldn't it save you money in the long run to do the figure "right" the first time and then get several re-releases out of that tooling/fabric pattern?

3) Now that we have Jedi Starfighters for Plo Koon and Kit Fisto are there any plans on releasing the 3D Clone Wars versions of their astromechs? You once said you had no plans for Obi-Wan and Ahsoka's droids, yet we're getting both of them now...

4) We know that in the past you have said that many battle-packs will be straight-up re-releases of figures that fit together via a theme (such as an episode of the Clone Wars cartoon) - a great example of this is the new Orto Plutonia battle pack. From a play-pattern perspective, this seems like a great set that would work well with kids. For collectors though, three quick tweaks could have been made that required no difference in parts or tooling: (1) Have Cold-Weather Gear Anakin use the "hood up" accessory to match his original cardback artwork; (2) Have Cold-Weather Gear Obi-Wan use the "hood down" accessory to match his original cardback artwork; and (3) using the same Cold Weather Rex sculpt with molded plastic kama - instead of making the clone Rex, make it a generic Clone. All three of these changes would have gone a long way to make this pack friendly to both buying segments.

5) When do you currently plan on slotting VC-20 (Yoda) and VC-28 (Wedge) into the Vintage collection line? Are these two figures going to end up like the Red/White Legacy Collection repack of General Grievous?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #467 on: November 16, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Just an FYI that we are waiting on one set of answers back from Hasbro (were due yesterday  ::)) and beyond that, there are NO more Q&A questions scheduled until 2011.  Even then, there may not be another Q&A until after Toy Fair 2011...

But, I can tell you that I know #5 was asked by one site so you should get answers on what happened to Yoda/Wedge hopefully soon.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 16, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Just wondering, but when is the new segment of Q/A coming in? We haven't gotten them in a while...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2011, 11:46 PM »
Q&A's schedule was done with the last round posted.  There may be no more Q&A, or they may pick up a new schedule of them after Toy Fair.  It's hard to say.  Hell, we could get a new schedule tomorrow even, but I'm better Toy Fair will yield the future of Q&A.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Q&A's schedule was done with the last round posted.  There may be no more Q&A, or they may pick up a new schedule of them after Toy Fair.  It's hard to say.  Hell, we could get a new schedule tomorrow even, but I'm better Toy Fair will yield the future of Q&A.

OH! :o Wowzers. Thanks!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 9, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Hi Hasbro, is it on your plans to schedule an all new big X Wing Fighter?

Here is how I fancy this iconic vehicle.

-Taller and  larger than saga version, weathered for Dagobah esb and rotj scenes.
-Without stickers, all in sculpt (You can do it Hasbro!)
-Green lights on sides of the wings, cause we saw them when the ship is stationed in the dialogue between Luke and Obi Wan on rotj.
-A ladder a bit larger also.
-You can add a variation of the incoming Dagobah Landing Luke pilot, perhaps with his gloves.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2011, 08:37 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2011, 09:56 AM »
When the Star Wars Mighty Muggs line was put on hiatus I understand Hasbro was going to wait and see if interest picked up in the future.  In the fall/winter of 2010 it appears that Hasbro stuck their toe back in the water with the awesome three packs of Mini Muggs at Target.  How did these sets do and are there any plans to continue the line of Mini Muggs?
I am not the Stig

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 15, 2011, 10:57 AM »
Hasbro:

At Toy Fair it was announced that the Galactic Heroes line has ended.  Any word if, when and where the Galactic Heroes AT-ST might see a stateside release?
I am not the Stig

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2011, 12:47 PM »
How did these sets do and are there any plans to continue the line of Mini Muggs?

'Not Well' and 'Target is thinking about it, but nothing to announce right now'.

At Toy Fair it was announced that the Galactic Heroes line has ended.  Any word if, when and where the Galactic Heroes AT-ST might see a stateside release?

From the GH thread:

Just please tell me SOMEBODY cornered a Hasbro rep and determined the AT-ST's fate.

"Up in the air". :(  There is a small chance TRU could take it for Christmas, but that isn't finalized/official.  Maybe we'll get an update at SDCC.

In other words, if it does end up being a TRU exclusive, they'll likely save it for an SDCC slide-show reveal.  If TRU doesn't pick it up, it probably goes into limbo.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:51 PM by Jeff »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2011, 01:00 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I had missed and/or forgotten about those replies.
I am not the Stig

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 3, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Hasbro:

I really have been wanting to start ordering cases of Star Wars figures (specifically from the Vintage, or realistic line) rather than having to hunt all over to find the figures I want at retail but I have not because usually I don't like the figure breakdowns of most cases.  I pretty much buy one of almost every figure you put out so I was curious as to why you do not make cases more catering to these type of collectors?    What I think would be really helpful to most collectors and encourage them to order cases of figure, while also not being hurtful to retail outlets, would be the following model:

1.  Each wave consisting of 6 new figures.  If this cannot be achieved replace 1 or 2 with an in demand army builder.
2.  Wave 1, at the start of a new assortment or line consisting of 2 of each the 6 new characters or a couple slots being army builders.
3.  Wave 2, 6 new figures along with the 6 from wave 1.
4.  Wave 3, 6 new figures along with the 6 new figures from wave 2.
5.  Wave 4, 6 new figures along with the 6 new figures from wave 3.
6.  Keep repeating this until the 2nd to last wave.
7.  Final wave of a line or an assortment being a case full figures from the line that are still in demand.

If you follow the above model, or something similar to it, I believe that you would get more consistent collectors like myself to be ordering from you by the case every wave, or every other wave and then we wouldn't feel like we are missing out on anything or come back complaining to you later about why we were unable to find figure "x", or that I am buying figure "xx" 5 times throughout collecting the line.  

What are your thoughts on my proposed case breakdowns?

edit:  If any mods like this question and you actually want to select it feel free to edit it at will.  I realize it is a bit lengthy.

« Last Edit: March 3, 2011, 05:52 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 3, 2011, 09:29 PM »
I'm going to throw this one out in there in case the Q&As continue, as I think it's something that really needs to be addressed, and soon, especially with the price increases:

Dear Hasbro:

Since wave 2 of the Vintage Collection was released during the fall of 2010, collectors across the United States have noted that the helmet of the ROTS Clone Trooper is severely discolored.  The helmet is, at best, very much off-white, and at worst, is either already tinted green or brown.  This could have (and, really, should have) been an isolated incident only seen in one area of the country or could have been attributed to a "bad batch" of materials, the figures could have been pulled as defective and returned to Hasbro, and future shipments could have been corrected so that this did not continue.

Sadly, however, not only was this incident not isolated, this particular figure continued to ship in at least 2 waves after its initial release (and is, at the time of this writing, scheduled to ship in another wave or 2 this spring) and the helmet problem remains.  Even worse is that the recently released 212th repaint of this Clone Trooper ALSO has the same discolored helmet issue, and even the Vintage Stormtrooper that it ships alongside has a helmet which is already in the process of deteriorating.

With the rising costs across the board, and Hasbro's statements that with Vintage, things were to be "done right" the first time, why is this issue continuing to occur?  The vast majority of Vintage figures across the country on pegs at this moment are ROTS Clone Troopers, the majority of whom have this very issue.  It is clearly a subpar product using subpar materials, and it is disappointing for a "premium line" (premium in both pricing and detailing) to have such an obvious and damaging flaw.

So, all that aside, my questions are these:  Is Hasbro planning on taking steps to correct these issues for future runs of these figures?  Will currently available Clone figures (both ROTS and 212th versions) be treated as defective and recalled from retail? 

Mods, if you choose to submit this question, feel free to modify it as necessary.  The more I see the yellow helmeted Clones at retail, the more irritated I get.  I'd be willing to bet that part of the reason they are pegwarming is because of the horribly discolored helmets.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #478 on: March 3, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Is Hasbro planning on taking steps to correct these issues for future runs of these figures?  Will currently available Clone figures (both ROTS and 212th versions) be treated as defective and recalled from retail? 

Mods, if you choose to submit this question, feel free to modify it as necessary.  The more I see the yellow helmeted Clones at retail, the more irritated I get.  I'd be willing to bet that part of the reason they are pegwarming is because of the horribly discolored helmets.

I'm going to guess that their answer will match the one they gave when they responded to greening Clone Helmets in the CW line in November 2010 -

"This is the first we have heard of this issue; we have not seen it in any of our production samples.  We'll look into it; if you could provide pics of this green it would be a big help.  While we check and guarantee production samples of everything that goes into production, sometimes things change due to material availability, changing deco masks, and the like.  Occasionally, we hear of things first from our consumers letting us know that something might be off."

Not saying the question won't be submitted... just don't be expecting much of an answer since they never really answer those type of questions.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 4, 2011, 02:36 PM »
I would like to know what Hasbro thinks about sales of their mid-size vehile assortment.  I see the same 2-3 ships at various stores around me and have not seen anything new in many many months.  Will we see this line replenished with some of the more recent, harder to find items anytime soon?  Along the same lines, what is your perspective on AT-AT sales?  Did they meet or exceed planned expectations?  This is a great toy at a great price and most of the supply seems to have already sold through.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today