Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253070 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #480 on: April 11, 2011, 06:38 PM »
I love me some Jabba goons - I would buy them up all day long.  That said, any updates on Fozec's eminent release?  Has he secured a position to be released whether it be on individual card, exclusive or a multipack format?  If so, when can fans expect him?  If he is not locked in yet, care to share any ideas you have been tinkering with?

since it sounds like QnA's are coming back I thought I would bump this old question plus the super long one about case assortments I posted 4 posts up.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 13, 2011, 08:38 PM »
also, not sure how you guys feel about using a question on the SDCC Indiana Jones exclusive, but I will post one here just in case:

Hasbro,

Care to share any info on how much the SDCC exclusive Indiana Jones set will cost?  Also can you provide any information on production numbers and/or what is the likelihood that this set will be available for sale on Hasbrotoyshop.com?  Also, any new pics of the completed exclusive package or of the "Ultimate" Indy figure would be welcomed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:43 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 27, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Here's mine:

I'd like to know if any Hasbro reps are going to pull all those defective clones (and non-defective) that are warming pegs to allow for newer waves to hit and sell.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 15, 2011, 05:12 AM »
Dear Hasbro

I wonder if you would consider re-releasing the hard to find R5K6 on a vintage card -repainted with white body and red panels as he appears in the rebel trench run briefing.

Keep up these outstanding sculpts in the vintage collection!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:21 AM by jono »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 7, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

As collection evolves, I want to ask you When is scheduled an update for the classic stormtrooper?
I like the tlc figure, and its variations on tvc line, but looking at what you did recently with characters like commander Fordo, the heads of Cody, etc., I thought you can offer us a new imperial stormtrooper with the following upadtes:

A new sculpt with independent pieces of shoulder plates. Perhaps as an extra layer, detachable or not, you will decide.

A little more opened chest section showing a bigger portion of the black suit.

Longer legs more relief on the layers of armors too.

Paintjob: mark always the black, gray or blue dots on stomach armor.
Mark the grey and black of the "teeth" on helmet.
Paint always the grey square on stormtroopers heels.

Give us another headsculpt, like Fordo without beard.

I am sure thousands of collectors would appreciate your effort.

Sicerely,

Epic Gon

« Last Edit: July 7, 2011, 08:35 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 11, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Hasbro, might we ever see a SW:TCW battle pack consisting of an animated R2-D2, Republic Battle Droid OOM-10, and a regular Republic Battle Droid?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:20 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2011, 06:04 PM »
QUESTION:  The mini-rig concept seems to have been very well received by collectors.  Especially some of the movie realistic offerings (Hint, hint) as well as some of the original designs like the Y-Wing Scout Bomber.  But we're also left wondering if we can expect some new animation derived vehicles like the underwater sled as seen in the CLONE WARS season 4 trailers.  Can we expect to see more original designs, Clone Wars designs, Saga designs, or a blend of all of the above over the next year?

QUESTION:  The upcoming Battle Droid from the recently announced EPISODE I wave looks interesting.  It definitely has people wanting to see more of it!  And it also begs the question, will this new Battle Droid be repainted so that we can get some high-quality versions of the Security, Pilot and Commander Battle Droids?

QUESTION:  One of the highlights of the CLONE WARS Season 4 trailers have been some clips of Jedi General Krell.  He's a Besalisk, complete with 4 arms and 2 double-bladed lightsabers, and he plays a prominent role in a 4-part story arc in the upcoming season.  With all of that in mind, he HAS to make great fodder for a Clone Wars basic figure.  And it make you wonder, how WOULD you give Jedi style articulation to a character with 4 arms?  Oh, and in the process we'd love to see you revisit Dexter Jettster in similar fashion, too!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:14 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18 PM »
I have a few of questions for Hasbro Q and A. (Not sure where to submit it)

1. With Yoda puppet replace with the CGI Yoda, do you (Hasbro) have plans to do a new Yoda with his council chair ?

2. Is there any updates to the TVC Qui-Gon, and TVC Obi-Wan like ball jointed hips and added lightsaber hilts for their belts ?

3. If Luke's Tauntaun coming, where is Hoth Luke ?

Offline DarthBinge

• Youngling
  • I am Sith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 3, 2011, 03:27 AM »
Why? Why? Why isn't every tvc figure, or almost every one available at Hasbro.com? Especially since they are so hard to find at retail stores?

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 15, 2012, 11:25 PM »
Has this been officially terminated?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #490 on: June 17, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Hard to say long term.  We get the feeling that other sites turned the whole thing pretty nasty at the end and may have ruined the whole thing.  Also,  answers got worse and worse toward the end there too so it wasn't too useful anymore.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 17, 2012, 11:48 AM »
The tone from some sites definitely got belligerent at times.  With some of the Q&A participants there was this air of nastiness plus a sense of entitlement that was all wrapped up in a not-so-subtle undercurrent of "we know how to do your jobs better than you do".  All things considered, that must have left the Hasbro management team wondering why they were taking part in what had become an abusive relationship.  Forums are a great place for venting.  But that tone doesn't translate well when you're asking questions of the manufacturer.

In the grand scheme of things, Hasbro needs to keep coming up with new & good ideas that will appeal to this customers.  It's a business, and you constantly need to work to keep your customers loyal.  But what does a business do when someone gets unruly?  If you're a local business owner, you ask them to leave your establishment.  In the case of the Star Wars Hasbro Q&A, you let it slowly fade.

Maybe they'll revisit the concept at some point in time.  But frankly, if they do, I could see them making some very targetted exclusions of some of the past participants.  It's not difficult to write a probing question in the interest of getting answers.  But when you add all sorts of invective to it, why should anybody want to bother? 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 20, 2013, 05:35 PM »

In the grand scheme of things, Hasbro needs to keep coming up with new & good ideas that will appeal to this customers. 

I think they should consider an action figure line as part of the star wars toy license  :P

sorry, I couldn't resist. I just came from the store, and there were 3 phantom menace figures and a pile of angry bird poo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Could you imagine Q&A restarting?  Hah!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77