Author Topic: Opinions on Infinities?  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Opinions on Infinities?
« on: October 9, 2003, 03:07 PM »
I was curious what any of you comic readers' opinions were on the Infinities series.  From what I understand, the Return of the Jedi Infinities will be starting fairly soon, and from what I have read about this series of books, they sound kind of interesting.  I thought about going back to check out the Empire Strikes Back trade paper back of these, as well as the New Hope ones.  I was just curious if any of you have them, or have read them, and if you enjoyed them?

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Infinities?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 05:48 PM »
I've read both the ANH and TESB Infinities comics. The concept is awesome, but IMO, the storylines moved to quickly. I know you can't fit a whole movie in a trade paperback, but still...

This isn't to say they're not enjoyable, because they certainly are. :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 05:57 PM »
Behind the X-wing comics, these are probably my favorite.  IT's true they move fast but....still a good read and I am looking forward to ROTJ.
Beth

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 12:12 AM »
I liked 'A New Hope' a lot! I thought the ESB Infinities was kinda lame. They twisted almost too much for it to be dramatic or a real page turner. The artists they get are always primo and the writing is pretty good. I think it's best with these to wait for TPB, but I'll probably collect and read the ROTJ series anyway. Angry Ewok may be a little bent though... The tag line is: 99% less Ewoks!

Sorry Brad. We can't all love those furry, cuddley yet vicious teddy bears...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 08:42 PM »
personally, i love the infinities series. it reminds me of the "what if" marvel comics from back in the day, which were always my favorite books to read.

Offline figureaddict

• Youngling
  • Ohh Monkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 03:01 PM »
"What If" Marvel comics where awasome!  Still love the Weapon X storyline from back in the day!
Jason, Super Sci-Fi Space Monkey

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2003, 12:37 AM »
I read the ANH Infinities TPB, and I have the first two issues of ESB Infinities. It's a pretty good read and gives you something new. I like them, and I recommend picking them up (Or at least reading them in the store ;)).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 01:24 PM »
I just picked up the first two TPB's, and I think it's great having different possible story lines to the movies.  The best part out of those first two has to be Boba Fett frozen in carbonite and being used as Lando's desk.
dustrho

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Hey everyone,

I was wondering where would be the best place to find the Infinities TPB. I am really interested in checking them out, but i cant seem to find them in my area. Any suggestions on other stores that might carry these, or an online retailer?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2004, 04:47 PM »
You can order them online, of course - but check your phone book for a Comic Book Shop or even Books-A-Million or Barnes-N-Nobles might have it - if not, they can order for you and often will even call you once your order has arrived.

And yes, I am disapointed that there will be less ewoks in the ROTJ-Inf - but oh well. I've been looking for issues 1 and 2 of the 'To The Last Man' storyline in Empire... An army of Amanamamanana's verses Stormtroopers = classic.

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 3, 2004, 12:36 AM »
Thanks I'll check it out this week.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 02:20 PM »
I liked ANH and ROTJ much more than ESB, which is weird because I prefer the ESB movie to the other two.  I wonder if they'll do Infinities for the prequels.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 03:58 PM »
i hope they do prequels as well, but i gotta say the idea is great but i bought these, read them and returned them. in my opinion ANH & TESB essentially blaze past their own plots and become ROTJ,which when it came to it they just floundered and left us wanting more of that story line, like why diden't they start it at the end?

prequel infinities would be awesome, ......

TPM: i'd start with qui-gon dying on tattoine.

AOTC: i'd start with Obi-Wan joining Dooku to destroy the Sith.

ROTS: i'd start with Anakin attempting to kill Sidious, instead of chopping off maces arm.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 12:35 AM »
oh a ROTS infinities.  Actually all the prequels could be redone to avoid the stupid parts that Lucas put in, and/or better them.

Wow, I'd love to see my ideas for ROTS put into comic form!
who Learned you To spoke!