Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56445 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #285 on: February 4, 2007, 10:26 PM »
all I know is like 4-LOSW, I am the Warlord of Sports Betting.

Ahem.

My real prediction: Colts 38 Bears 13

picking the Colts, by thirteen.

Final score: Colts 29, Bears 17 - Colts win by twelve

Who's the Warlord of Sports Betting now, bitch?

However, looking forward to this more than anything:

He's gonna tear that **** up.

Correct again!

But yeah, gonrats to Indy--as a die-hard Colts fan, I've been waiting for this day for my whole life!  Been a long time coming, but my team finally did it!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #286 on: February 4, 2007, 10:27 PM »
you usually this much of an ass?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 4, 2007, 10:31 PM »
**** Peyton Manning and the Colts.  I'm rooting for the Bears.  Will they win?  Probably not, but I'm hoping.

I guess getting knocked out in the AFC championship game smarts more than the Bears totally embarassing the Pats in 1985, huh?

Congrats to the Colts. It was a tight game in the first half, and after that the Colts came out firing and Rex Grossman showed his true nature.  He wasn't even an effective "game manager" like the illustrious Trent Dilfer of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.  And surprisingly the Colts D was really pumped up tonight and was stopping the run.  And then factor in just how much losing Cedric Benson hurt the Bears gameplan.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #288 on: February 4, 2007, 10:36 PM »
you usually this much of an ass?

You know you wouldn't want it any other way.

:-X
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #289 on: February 5, 2007, 01:20 AM »
I was surprised at how bad the Bears D ended up being. I really thought they'd keep the Colts in better check, maybe even sack a few times. I'm thinking the Bears might need a new QB.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: February 5, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Well I'm just proud I called the Bears making it to the super bowl...  I called them winning it too but I guess I didn't care either, so yippee!

My buddy bet on Prince's opening song and won a lot...  Good for him.  I didn't get his report on what he bet on the coin toss though.

The game was ugly all night...  Not so much because of the weather.  I have a hard time accepting that excuse for all the sloppy playing on BOTH sides of the ball tonight.  Ugly super bowl, but they're all fun so it was cool.  The first half really left the game open...  I thought the Bears could've come out in the 2nd and taken it.  Not because of the score so much as the fact that the Colts weren't dominating by any means and the Bears D had been keeping them in it up till that point...  Then it all went to hell in the 2nd half and that was that.

I wasn't intensely rooting for either team which made this probably the calmest super bowl ever for me.

On my way home this evening there were cops EVERYWHERE nabbing people on their way back from SB parties I guess.  Just tons of them.  I decided to check out the scanner when I got back in and man that thing's been popping since about 11 when I walked in.  The local cop followed me out to my house from the end of the road too...  I didn't see this many police on New Year's Eve even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 5, 2007, 08:01 AM »
Well the result was disappointing but not that unexpected really.  The funny thing is the Bears really did not play all that well - mainly the offense - and still had a solid chance to win it.  But Rex threw the interception and back it came for a TD and that was it.  It was far from the slaughter many had thought it would be.   Congrats to the Colts they were the better team obviously but the Bears proved IMO that they belonged there.   I think New England would have probably beat the Bears  but probably not Baltimore and San Diego.   

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 5, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I was surprised at how bad the Bears D ended up being. I really thought they'd keep the Colts in better check, maybe even sack a few times. I'm thinking the Bears might need a new QB.

I think that the telling factor of why the Bears D performed as bad as they did was when they showed the total Indy plays at 64 and the total Bears plays at 24...  When your defense is on the field for that long, you can't expect them to do very well, especially late.  I agree though, I thought that they were going to have a much easier time stopping the run than they did.  I'm looking forward to next year when they get Tommy Harris and Mike Brown back.  They also need to make sure that they keep Briggs next to Urlacher for a long time...

As far as Rex is concerned, I take him for what he 'technically' was this season, a rookie quarterback with a lot more to learn.  This was his first full season at the helm and he was able to help get them to the Superbowl.  If he can work on his weaknesses in the off-season and work with Ron Turner to develop a more diverse offensive attack, I think that they will be in good shape again next year.

Congrats to the Colts, and Tony Dungee.  It's been a long time coming.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 5, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Can't say that I'm surprised at the Bears loss...Manning and the Colts are a great team and the better team won.

I've been busting Grossman's chops all year and I think it might be time to give someone else a chance.  I know he's a rookie and all, but sometimes you just can't change a person's attitude...or decision making processes.

It's true, you can't win a Super Bowl without a great QB.

Maybe next year...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 5, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I found it interesting that when talk all week about the bears surrounded a redundant 'defense wins championships'(it was really ground in, too). Then it came true when thankfully the Colts D won the game.
I did predict them to win and I'm glad for Peyton to get his ring finally. I was really sick of this defense talk for weeks before the game...defense is needed sure, but, you got to be able to move the ball yourself too ::) to win. I also felt the Colts D had really jelled together in these playoffs and looked great.

Their (COLTS)defense gave up 10 points only, not many first downs and, after special teams gave up a stupid penalty on a kickoff, allowed a short field field goal. Actually if you look into it, the defense only allowed 1 good touchdown drive while STs gave up basically 10 points.

I feel like Grossman is done. I could expect a SB return for the Bears if they get a new, talented QB. They've already got the talent surrounding the position it seems. Desmond Clark had a decent SB showing he could be proud of too.

So, they said that the first ever SB commercial 'winner' would be announced during the 2 minute warning. I watched during commercial time and saw nothing...anyone know who won that?

DS

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 6, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Rooting for the Bears (they've been my favorite team all my life), but picking the Colts, by thirteen.

But yeah, gonrats to Indy--as a die-hard Colts fan, I've been waiting for this day for my whole life!  Been a long time coming, but my team finally did it!

Are you mocking someone specifically, or just the thread in general?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #296 on: February 6, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Are you mocking someone specifically, or just the thread in general?

Yes.