Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 70621 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 03:15 AM »
Oh BTW, as for the flex, I'm fine either way. Either two spots or one will work fine. If we do decide to do one then obviously the WR/RB is the best choice. If we do two, I say make it one of each. I think having 4 possible RBS in the roster will make things a bit uneven as they seem to be more impact players, and then there is less stragey involved in picking your runners for the week if you can just throw them all in.
"This is the way."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 05:20 AM »
Count me in too, but it's not letting me in with that league id/password.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 10:53 AM »
I'll defend my crown.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 01:30 PM »
I'm OK with the change from 3 to 4 points for a passing TD, although I don't think it should go any higher than that.

Did we have points for the blocked kicks in the past? Not that they come up all that often, but I can't recall what we did last year.

Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Agree that if we do two flex's, it needs to be one of each - 4 RB's would definitely be too many.

As for the password Jamie, I'm not sure what to tell you - make sure that you're typing with a lowercase letters on the password?  Try it from a different computer?  It's obviously working for most people.

Blocked kicks, I don't think we did have points for that before - but I don't see any reason not to give a little something for that even though it's special teams - consider we've always given 6 for a return TD.  But if there's a majority of people who want it one way or the other, I'm open to it.  Democracy rules.

Is the number of bench spots set right now acceptable?  I'd like to find a nice balance... like in the baseball league right now I wish I had one or two more, but I also would hate for people to just be able to stockpile good players and not use them.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 02:21 PM by Rob »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 02:20 PM »
There are 8 teams registered so far, with Jamie and Kevin yet to sign up right?

Which would mean we have a mere two spots left. 

Is there anyone else who plays regularly who might not have noticed this thread yet that we need to let know?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Don't know what the deal was before, but I got in just fine this time.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Don't know what the deal was before, but I got in just fine this time.
It's because you are a ******* moron from Tennessee, duh
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:30 PM by OCB »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 06:07 PM »

Is there anyone else who plays regularly who might not have noticed this thread yet that we need to let know?

Chris (JD's malloc), and Juan (JD's juanelopezrosario), our fantasy JDers that I usually bring in when we need more team owners.  I can let them know.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 06:18 PM »
We still need Kevin to sign up - then I'd say if no one has objections to go ahead and invite the other two.  Unless you guys think we should wait a week or two to see if anyone else from JD uses the site.  But I'm not about to try to stop inviting anyone being as I've already invited an outside player.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 06:28 PM »
We still need Kevin to sign up - then I'd say if no one has objections to go ahead and invite the other two.  Unless you guys think we should wait a week or two to see if anyone else from JD uses the site.  But I'm not about to try to stop inviting anyone being as I've already invited an outside player.

Well, I wouldn't be offended if you didn't want Juan or Chris.  But needless to say, I don't see Littlesips posting much Star Wars content, and you don't seem to have much of a problem with that.  There's a word for that kind of thought, I can't really recall the entire word, but it starts with an "H"...

:)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 06:30 PM »
I assume you're referring to hypocrisy - which I intentionally (and successfully) managed to avoid.    :-*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:31 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 06:49 PM »
I assume you're referring to hypocrisy - which I intentionally (and successfully) managed to avoid.    :-*

True, yet you still managed to put the idea out there that you may not want them to join.  Like I said, I don't really care anyhow.  If you need 2 more teams, let me know.

The avatar: Is that post-accident Ben, or pre-accident Ben?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:51 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I'm 100% cool with them joining - I just didn't know if you wanted to leave it open for longer, or if you wanted to invite those guys.  If you're just doing it to fill roster spots, then we might as well wait a week or two.  If you want them in the league, by all means invite them now - that's what I was meaning.

The picture of Ben is pre-accident, drunk off his ass.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 08:00 PM »
I've been looking for shots of Ben after the accident.  Seeing as how he's still in the hospital, I guess that's unlikely.  It was probably stupid of me to even ask that, being that he smashed an eye socket, his nose, and his jaw, complete with lacerations and broken teeth...he must look like a frickin' jack o' lantern right about now.