Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 83920 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #120 on: April 6, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I thought the line seemed a little skimpy with 5 figures...

I personally hope one R2 or another shows up here. If it's a reprint/repaint of the VOTC one but includes the accessories or something to make him interesting like a rope or something, I'll buy him, or if he's some totally new cool thing.

If he's POTF2 R2 or Naboo Escape R2 or something he's soooooo not getting bought :)

But 3PO is a must. The rest of the figures are kind of interesting- Palpatine is really pretty lame though, I don't own the original but I don't want one as long as his hood's like that. It's like two different people sculpted the hood and the face, and they couldn't coordinate! But I'll have to wait and see how money is as far as the rest of the line is concerned.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 7, 2006, 09:37 AM »
If this R2 is R2 tied to two logs so you could have two Ewoks carrying him on their shoulders - it would be a definite winner.

In fact, it need not even be a new figure, just supply the "stretcher" accessory and the "rope" to "tie" him to it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 7, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I agree with what others have said, even if its a repackaged R2 and they throw some "Endor" accessories in there with him, that would be pretty cool with me.  The "Endor bunker blasted" R2 is a neat idea too, but I have the feeling we won't be seeing a new figure here.  Aside from that bunker version, and a resculpted "saber launching" version, there probably isn't too much else they can do with R2 (or repainted R4-G9) that can't be accomplished with accessories.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #123 on: April 7, 2006, 05:54 PM »
R2 is a repack not new... from the swshop.com

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104942;category_id=;pcid1=;pcid2=

Wave 5 of Hasbro's 2006 Basic Figure assortment is now available from StarWarsShop in a 12-figure case pack. Each figure includes a base and a randomly-selected bonus hologram figure. This assortment contains doubles of four of the new figures, while the remainder is made up of four singles: Emperor Palpatine (new!), R2-D2, Commander Cody, and Bespin Battle Vader. New figures include:

CHIEF CHIRPA -- Chief Chirpa is the wise, gray-furred leader of the Ewok tribe that befriended a Rebel strike team sent to the forest moon of Endor to destroy the Imperial shield generator.
MOFF JERJERROD -- A capable but arrogant officer, Moff Jerjerrod commanded the second Death Star during its construction.
DEATH STAR GUNNER -- The immense weaponry of the Imperial fleet was operated by these highly skilled gunners. They were easily recognizable in their large, distinctive helmets, which were designed to protect them from the dangerous flashback of turbolaser batteries.
C-3PO -- No one was more surprised than C-3PO by the sudden manifestation of godlike powers brought on by the golden droid's frustration at being unable to convince the Ewoks to free his friends.
EMPEROR PALPATINE -- A powerful and diabolical Dark Lord of the Sith, Emperor Palpatine very nearly succeeded in turning young Skywalker to the dark side of the Force.
Be sure and get your order in early on this red-hot series of figures today.

International Shipping Surcharge: $10.00

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: April 7, 2006, 07:18 PM »
This assortment contains doubles of four of the new figures, while the remainder is made up of four singles: Emperor Palpatine (new!), R2-D2, Commander Cody, and Bespin Battle Vader.

What the hell?

Is that an assortment that actually makes sense?   :o

TWO of each of the new figures (Moff, DSG, 'wok, 3PO)
ONE HTF figure (Cody)
ONE R2 (to go with 3PO)
ONE repack Emperor
ONE repack Vader (to go with the Emperor and the rest of the imps in the wave)

Wow...  that assortment actually makes sense to me.  About the only bad thing with that case is that they decided to repack that version of the Emperor.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: April 7, 2006, 07:22 PM »
That Vader is partially new.. check out view 2 from that link, it's the Bespin Vader with projectiles to hurl a Luke
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: April 7, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Yeah, but he's technically a "repack" in this wave in my book since the Bespin Vader is first available in the Tatooine wave...  :P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 8, 2006, 01:43 AM »
I cant wait for jerjerrod, I think its odd though that they didnt make a piett.  :-\
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 8, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Very easy wave to pass on. Might get C3P0 for the articulation.  Very disappointing wave, but it makes my decision to scale back and really stop hunting so much easier . . . .
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 8, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Is it me or is that R2 a Hoth wave re-pack,which means R2 could be a R4-G9 re-paint! ;D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 8, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Is it me or is that R2 a Hoth wave re-pack,which means R2 could be a R4-G9 re-paint! ;D

Huh? Hoth Artoo is not a G9 repaint.

SilverZ

« Reply #131 on: April 8, 2006, 01:31 PM »
That really is the most reasonable case breakdown I've seen in a long time. According to EE's breakdown, R2 is just the #10 version repacked, which is fine by me.

They're actually up now:
Pre-Order at EE

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: April 8, 2006, 01:32 PM »
The Endor Wave is now up for Pre-Order at EE.

They list R2-D2 as Saga #10, so that would be just the Hoth Version.  The list the Emperor as #43 (which was the number that CaseFresh said R2 was), so at this point it looks like the CasePack info was just a mistake on their part...   :(

edit: Dang, Jared beat me by a minute!   :P
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 01:33 PM by Jeff »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 8, 2006, 02:05 PM »
I gotta have an army of the Death Star Gunner.  Man that's one sharp figure.

:)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 02:06 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 8, 2006, 02:08 PM »
I can't wait for Chirpa and Threepio!