Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 83918 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 02:13 AM »
Now here's a suggestion completely out of left field: a rerelease of the
Vintage EWOK BATTLE WAGON
Info at Toys R Gus

Info at 12back.com

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks that would be unspeakably nifty. ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 04:10 AM »
Lots of possibilities here, and Endor's one of the areas of Star Wars that REALLY needs lots of resculpts and new figures to it too.  One of the remaining untapped "scenes".

There's lots I'd like, but these are my top wants:

-SA Endor Luke...  Softgoods poncho, helmet, rem. belt, saber (hooks to belt), blaster (I'm forgetting if he had one on his belt)...  And ideal would be a removable vest under his poncho so he could double as a Death Star Luke too.  One can dream.

-SA Leia Endor...  Same as Luke, just different gear of course... 

-SA Han Solo Endor...  Softgoods trenchcoat would be fantastic at this stage of the game.

-SA Scouttrooper...  Name says it all.  Include ball/socket hips for riding speederbikes and that'd be sweet.

-SA Endor Soldier...  I'd really dig both the distinct uniforms getting a SA resculpt.  POTF2's all-green, and the Saga's uniform that didn't have the heavier coat over it.  The Endor Rebels have gotten the shaft though.

-SA Dressellian Commando...  No eyepatch, or at least an eyepatch you can take off for a neutral or Orrimarko figure.  Softgoods cape would rock too, so you could put the hood up.

-Rebel in Bikerscout Disguise...  If they did an SA Bikerscout, I'd dig this character down the line.  Removable helmet, and I'd be set.

-SA Death Star Trooper...  The bummer with him is that the DST's on Endor had on jumpsuits.  They weren't the ANH guys in tunics and jagdpuhr trousers.  I'd almost rather they did an SA style of the ANH DST, and kitbashed the jumpsuited Death Star Troopers...  I'd take complete resculpts of both though, of course. :)

-Imperial Officer...  Lots of possibilities there, from anything from Jerjerrod to a generic guy.

-Ewok Damage VOTC Stormtrooper...  See the VOTC Stormie re-released with scuffs on him.  Maybe an arrow you can attach to a chink in his armor? :)

-Ewoks...  Almost anything is acceptable at this point, though re-releases don't interest me.

And on that note...

I really think an Ewok army builder 2-pack (or larger multi-pack) would be fantastic.  My ideal would be this:

-Ework 4-pack (or more)...  Complete re-use of the Teebo sculpt (it's the most articulated, neutral size/sculpt).  Multiple fur colors/patterns (all unique).  Wicket figure's hood cast in multiple colors.  Multiple weapons (bows, quivers, pouches/belts, spears, stone axes).

It'd be great if the Ewoks were named...  If the hoods were all new, you could sorta clean out some of the vintage figures that we haven't gotten yet, but I'd be ok with generic warriors too and just let the vintage figs get taken care of in the basic line.

I'd love this Ewok set though, but sadly it seems like Hasbro has Ewok-phobia.  Funny how kids are always considered so important to Hasbro publicly, but one of the most kid-friendly characters/species in the SW galaxy is so grossly overlooked by them.

I love Ewoks myself...  They're actually some of my favorite characters (and a sequence in the trilogy I enjoy) but they just don't get much play as action figures from Hasbro.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I agree with Jesse, I think the Battle of Endor is one of the most untapped areas of the Saga so far.  Lots of choices here for resculpts, new figures, etc.  This would be my lineup, although it is probably unlikely that we'd get this many "new" figures in one wave.  My top three choices would be new, SA sculpts of the "big three" rebels.  I think we'll get at least one of them, maybe two, but not all three unfortunately.  Anyways...

SA Endor Luke Skywalker (with the works, helmet, removable cloth poncho/helmet, lightsaber, etc.)
SA Endor Han Solo (cloth trenchcoat would be great, this is one of my most wanted figures)
SA Endor Princess Leia (the works, like Luke, remocable poncho/helmet, etc.)
SA Biker Scout (easy choice, so popular, we all want one...come on Hasbro, do it ;))
Chief Chirpa (one of the best known Ewoks, and we're about due for a new one)
Logray/Wicket 2 Pack (new sculpt would be great here, but might be asking for too many "new" sculpts in this wave)
Admiral Ackbar (new sculpt would be nice here too, but POTF2 is ok too.  A figure I don't have yet, so I wouldn't mind seeing him re-released)

Other possible repacks - General Madine, General Lando, repainted Ewoks, etc.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 11:27 AM »
I want these 5:

SA Han
SA Luke (with removable poncho and helmet and DSII Jedi Garb)
SA Leia
SA Scout
SA Chief Chirpa

I'd take a 2 pack of Ewok repaints and a new Imperial Dignitary as well

5 new figures is pushing it though methinks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 12:14 AM »
My personal eight:

-Luke Skywalker - Endor gear w/ removable helmet, SG poncho, SA
-Princess Leia - Endor gear w/ removable helmet, SG poncho, SA
-Biker Scout - SA
-Chief Chirpa
-Arvel Crynyd - the real one who rammed the Executor Bridge
-Moff Jerjerrod
-Imperial Dignitary - Sate Pestage
-Imperial Gantry Droid
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 11:11 AM »

-SA Dressellian Commando...  No eyepatch, or at least an eyepatch you can take off for a neutral or Orrimarko figure.  Softgoods cape would rock too, so you could put the hood up.

-Rebel in Bikerscout Disguise...  If they did an SA Bikerscout, I'd dig this character down the line.  Removable helmet, and I'd be set.

Great ideas! I love comming across these little jems...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 06:06 AM »
New Stuff:

SA Scout Trooper - or Hasbro will hear about it!
SA Endor Luke Evolutions style - doubles as DS2 Duel Luke
SA Endor Leia ditto
SA Endor Han ditto again

But since we won't get all three of those at once, I expect we'll get Chief Chirpa here one way or another.

Repacks/Rehashes
VOTC Chewie (Yeah, right)
Any combo of 2 Ewoks
Anakin Spirit (Hayden)
ROTS 3-PO

Dream Come True:
SA All New No More Hatin' On Him Wedge Antilles

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Here's my Final Deluxe Special Edition List:
Battle Of Endor (8 Figs):

Repacks:
POTJ R2-Q5
OTC Wicket

New/Repaints:
Moff JerJerrod based of Ozzel sculpt w/ blaster, baton, and DS2 Holo
NEW SA Scout Trooper w/ scout pistol, E-11, detonators, mouse droid, and dirty/clean variant
NEW SA Dressel Commando w/ blaster rifle, detonators, and soft goods
NEW SA Generic Ewok w/ spear, bow, and E-11
NEW SA Sim Aloo w/ knive
NEW SA Admirial Ackbar w/ pistol, baton, and removable shirt

Playsets/Vehicles:
Vintage Ewok Village
POTF2 Imperial Bunker

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Seeing some of the recards coming out in the new SAGA series makes me believe we might see the Millennium Mint Leia and Luke released this way. 

Hopefully they wont repack any of the older ewoks released to date (Wicket, Logray and Teebo).  I could live with the Paploo pack-in if they give him some decent accessories. 

My call:

MM Luke
MM Leia
Paploo
Scout Trooper (SA?)
Han Endor (New)
C-3PO (articulated knees)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 11:14 AM »
I said it earlier, but I'll say it again.  I want more ewoks.  I know we are supposed to dislike the ewoks, but they really have been neglected in the new era - no Chirpa, no Warok, no Romba, no Lumat. 

They really need to break out that Wicket/Logray Mold to give me two different Ewok 2-Packs:

A) brown/tan with short spear
B) gray/black with 'rock-on-a-stick' club
C) reddish-brown with bow/quiver
D) dark brown with long spear

Call them Lumat, Romba, Warok, and Wompus.

And maybe use the Teebo mold to do up a new Chief Chirpa somewhere down the line too.   :-*
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 11:16 AM »
I said it earlier, but I'll say it again.  I want more ewoks.  I know we are supposed to dislike the ewoks, but they really have been neglected in the new era - no Chirpa, no Warok, no Romba, no Lumat. 

They really need to break out that Wicket/Logray Mold to give me two different Ewok 2-Packs:

A) brown/tan with short spear
B) gray/black with 'rock-on-a-stick' club
C) reddish-brown with bow/quiver
D) dark brown with long spear

Call them Lumat, Romba, Warok, and Wompus.

And maybe use the Teebo mold to do up a new Chief Chirpa somewhere down the line too.   :-*

I totally agree on the Ewoks but dont put much faith in Hasbro. I forsee a few more being released and thats it.  This would make a great EE Exclusve 4-pack similar to the Droids and Clones released.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Speak of the devil, more news from the rumor mill found it's way to my in-box.

*new* - Chief Chirpa
*new* - Moff Jerjerrod
*new* - Death Star Gunner
?? - C-3PO (Endor)
?? - Endor Rebel Commando
(repack) - Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
(repack) - Darth Vader
(repack) - The Emperor

Not sure if it's 3PO or the Endor Rebel who is new.   :-\
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:34 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 11:36 AM »

Not sure if it's 3PO or the Endor Rebel who is new.   :-\

That other site calls the 3PO Ewok Diety, so hopefully that means new with articulated knees and a chair so those furry bastards can carry him.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Crap.  No Endor Luke or Leia ???  What the hell is Hasbro waiting for on these two?  Maybe if we ever get the rumored POTF VOTC we might see the Luke.  Jedi Luke only needed a helmet from the accessory set and a poncho.  We got hosed. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Crap.  No Endor Luke or Leia ???  What the hell is Hasbro waiting for on these two?  Maybe if we ever get the rumored POTF VOTC we might see the Luke.  Jedi Luke only needed a helmet from the accessory set and a poncho.  We got hosed. 

I feel your pain… I've wanted a retooled Endor Luke & Leia forever now.

That Saga Luke's legs, arms and head could be reused, but the torso would have to be resculpted (minus the Jedi tunic)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 12:22 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird