Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 83910 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2006, 03:29 PM »
I thought Luke was going to be an Endor version...which is why I was a little surprised he wasn't at TF

Luke Skywalker

While this figure comes with a soft good poncho, it is uncertain whether he’ll be wearing his full Jedi gear with tunic and belt or his Death Star duel gear, but considering that this figure is being retooled from an existing mould, let us hope with all our hearts that it is the former.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2006, 03:37 PM »
I guess we are forced to "wait and see".    :-\

Shouldn't be too much longer of a wait at the rate things are going this year... 3 waves in 2 months, with 2 more due in the next 2 months.  Endor wave will be here before you know it!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2006, 03:55 PM »
This is the wave that I'm really looking forward to personally, but that's usually the case with the OT-themed waves.  The new figures we're getting look great to me, and I'm hoping for the best with the as yet unseen rehashes for this wave.  The Emperor I guess we saw at Toy Fair, and I'm disappointed that is what they are giving us.  That Saga Emperor never did look right to me, and if they're going to retool/rehash things, they could have at least used the Evolutions Emperor and slapped a new head on him or something.  I'm curious to see what the Luke will be, but I really hope it isn't that awful action featured, grimacing Throne Room Duel Luke.  I'd rather see a retool using the Jabba's Palace Luke if they have to re-use something.  I wish we were getting all-new, SA versions of Endor Luke (and the Endor Soldier for that matter), but hopefully we'll see those eventually.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2006, 05:41 PM »
If Hasbro packs a soft goods Endor Poncho and Helmet with that lame Throne Room Luke, I'll be mega pissed since I'll have to buy it just to give the accessories to the Jabba's Palace Luke.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2006, 09:46 AM »
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2006_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FStar_Wars%2FSaga_06&pic=101_6333.jpg&dispsize=800&start=15

Is this really the Luke from Endor that ReHashbro is going to put out? Seems to me to quote The Who, "Meet the new Luke, same as the Old Luke."

If this ends up being the figure than I will say that I am disappointed. I guess the wait and see approach is the best.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2006, 10:40 AM »
The Luke in that Toy Fair photo is supposed to be from the "Death of Boba Fett" Battle Pack.  It is not the one planned for the Endor wave...

That Battle Pack will also have the other figures they showed next to Luke - Han, Lando, Fett, and Weequay.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2006, 11:12 AM »
They can use most of the Jabba's Palace Jedi Luke IMO as long as they give him hands that will actually hold the saber and redo the bottom of the tunic so it doesn't keep his legs from moving.  Since it's a DS 2 Luke, I'm guessing they will redo the torso, so the tunic won't be there.  Just give him new hands, Hasbro.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:12 AM by John C »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Jeff, great idea on the rebel trooper!

I can't wait for the Endor wave, can't have enough Imperial troops. As for the Luke, that's going to be a real head scratcher and I think, being a retool, will ultimatly dissapoint fans in the end. I think Endor Luke is high on everyones list and anything short of a well articulated figure, (which Luke deserves to be) is going to cause a lot of fuss.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2006, 04:47 PM »
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2006_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FStar_Wars%2FSaga_06&pic=101_6333.jpg&dispsize=800&start=15

Is this really the Luke from Endor that ReHashbro is going to put out? Seems to me to quote The Who, "Meet the new Luke, same as the Old Luke."

If this ends up being the figure than I will say that I am disappointed. I guess the wait and see approach is the best.

Michael Jackson stole his glove :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2006, 04:43 PM »
According to the latest RS report, it sounds like the Endor wave may have been trimmed down to the five figures we saw at Toy Fair:

Chief Chirpa
C-3PO w/throne
Death Star Gunner
Moff Jerjerrod
The Emperor

If this is indeed the case, it looks like we won't be seeing that Endor Confrontation Luke/Vader, whatever they were going to be.  I'm still holding out hope we'll see an all-new, VOTC styled Endor Luke down the road...and maybe that's why it was dropped from this wave.  Of course, that hasn't stopped Hasbro before from putting out a lower quality version alongside a superior version (Commtech Han vs VOTC Han).  Anyways, that's the word now, a 5 figure Endor wave.  But, in that same new report, they mention an "all new" Vader showing up in both the Tatooine and Endor waves, so maybe it isn't a 5 figure wave after all.  The mystery continues... ;).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2006, 04:51 PM »
But, in that same new report, they mention an "all new" Vader showing up in both the Tatooine and Endor waves, so maybe it isn't a 5 figure wave after all.  The mystery continues... ;).

Yeah, I'm guessing that means the previously announced #38 "Bespin" Darth Vader that is shipping with the Tatooine wave (like that makes any sense) will continue to ship with this wave (kinda like the Hoth Vader kept shipping).

That would mean that the only two figures we got shorted on from those rumor lists were a "repack" Jedi Luke and a "rehash" Endor Trooper.  If that is the case, I am sure glad that Hasbro decided to cut two of the repack figures and leave all 4 of the NEW figures in the wave.   ;)

SilverZ

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2006, 05:24 PM »
No big loss to me and hopefully that does mean better things are in store down the road. They might have also yanked the Endor Luke because of ROTJ Luke's presence on the Fan's Poor Choice Poll.

And I'd expect the "new" Darth Vader to be something like the Saga Bespin DV or ROTS basic DV

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 10:18 PM »
I am truly disappointed.  I was hoping for the Rebel (if it was a totally new Super Articulated Re-sculpt) and the Luke with Poncho...but if it means 2 less re-releases, then I will be ok with it.

Perhaps it means we'll get a better case assortment of the new ones. 3x Death Star Gunner, 3x Chief Chirpa, 2x Moff JerJerrod, 2x C3PO and 2x The Emperor.....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2006, 10:34 PM »

That would mean that the only two figures we got shorted on from those rumor lists were a "repack" Jedi Luke ...

Yeah, I can't imagine what they'd possibly do with a Luke figure.  Other than maybe repackage it as a fan's figure choice ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2006, 11:58 PM »
I'm glad the kit bashes were cancelled, they sounded dissapointing. Maybe they listened to all my complaining about the snowtrooper. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."