Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84365 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #150 on: May 8, 2006, 04:28 PM »
They did release Palps with a SG robe in the Evo set, but his head was sculpted in an 'angry' face.

The DS Gunner looks simply stunning, especially with the removable chest AND back armor.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 8, 2006, 04:35 PM »
I think the background for Palpatine looks great.  It's such a pity they used that version again.  Geez, it looks like he's going to cry or maybe he crapped his drawers.  Not at all menacing or imposing.  Even that blue lightning looks in need of a blue pill. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 8, 2006, 05:30 PM »
You can't replace the Palpatine hood without taking off the whole robe - they are all one piece.

You could however remove the entire thing and add the robe/hood from the ROTS Palpatine... or even use the hood from the ROTS Palpatine bust up... this isn't the best pic in the world but it gives the general idea -

:)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 8, 2006, 05:32 PM »
I dig this wave, I'll be picking up everything but Palps. Where's a pic of carded Threepio?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 8, 2006, 07:23 PM »
On a nitpicky note, it's nice to see them getting IMperial uniform colors right finally, and doing so routinely.  Ozzel was all wrong, Tarkin and Motti weren't quite perfect (though Motti's close), but Piett, and now Veers and Jerjerrod seem spot-on to their colors, so that's a major plus to me.

I've seen you mention this before, but I'm still not convinced this pale grey is correct.  I really think it is a hybrid green/grey.  In fact, look at the pic on the front of the Jerjerrod card and compare it to the figure in the blister.  It's really not close at all.  But I'd like to see more reference pics anyhow.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 8, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Something else I just noticed: check out the neckline of the DS Gunner.  Very cool attention to detail I never noticed!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 8, 2006, 07:47 PM »
To get a decent looking Palp use the Evolution version and put the removable hood from the ROTS on.  It solves the whole soft goods hood problem IMO.  The only drawback is your stuck with the angry face.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 8, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Mixed bag here.  That is a really bad likeness on both Jerjerrod and Palpatine.  Jerjerrod looks like he's at his Holiday Season weight.  Palpatine just looks terrible.

Chirpa is nice.  The Death Star Gunner is the bomb.

Anticipated purchases:

0 x Palpatine
1 x Jerjerrod (possible custom fodder, so maybe more)
10 x DS Gunner
3 x Chirpa (possible custom fodder as well)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 8, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Pictures already. :P Very nice though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #159 on: May 8, 2006, 08:43 PM »
I think that Gunner may be even better that the At-At driver, count me in for at least 10.

It's nice Jerjerrod has articulated knees... oh wait...  ::)

I think I may buy 1 Palpy because I never did pick up that version of him loose before. He obviousbly will need to be customized though.

I wish some pics of a card 3PO had surfaced, as this is another one I'll pick up multiples of.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2006, 01:14 AM »
The gunner's big on my list too.  Seems like FULL body armor too...  Been nice if Veers had gotten that level of effort.

Great figure though, and a gunner for all seasons now...  ROTJ and ANH designs.  I'm in for more than 10 of those actually. :)

I also like that it appears the POTF2 Gunner won't look out of place with this guy...  It's like the AT-AT Driver in that it's good, but the original wasn't as bad as one may think.  The TIE Pilot looks out of place with his POTF2 Counterparts though unfortunately.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2006, 01:45 AM »

Good to see the folks taking the pictures have a good grasp of the character they're shooting. The vest is on backwards.  :-\

I really like this figure. I don't know what they could have possibly done to make it better. Put me down for 10 as well.

(Image provided by GH, where they don't fill backgrounds with stupid blue to make it look like they actually have the figures).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2006, 03:34 AM »
Man, that Palpatine really looks like a doofus in that carded pic.

Yeah, a piece of **** is still a piece of **** even on these great looking cards.  :-\

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2006, 07:56 AM »
(Image provided by GH, where they don't fill backgrounds with stupid blue to make it look like they actually have the figures).

:D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2006, 08:59 AM »
Yeah Hasbro must be tired of seeing that Palpatine in it's warehouse.  I can not see any other reason why they would put that thing back in the stores other than to get it out of their sight.  That is a sad, sad, sad repack. 

Anyway, everything else is okay.  I don't love the Gunner as much as everyone else but it's definately a pick up for me.   I am actually a tad bit disappointed with how Jerjerrod looks.  It's fine and all but I don't know about that face?  Oh well.  Chirpa is pretty cool looking.  He was actually my favorite ewok figure back in the day.  They made a nice version of him there.  C-3PO is one I'll have to leg if he has bendeable knees. 

Here's hoping that they have come up with an SA Luke Endor sometime in the future.