Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84460 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: New Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« Reply #225 on: June 2, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Luke Endor looks to be nothing more than the 2004 Jabba's Palace figure, with a new poncho (which looks good) and a new removable helmet.  It does look like the right hand has been reworked, so that he can properly hold his lightsaber or a blaster or whatever.  Looks like the same headsculpt, and same wonky kneejoints as the '04 Jabba's Palace figure, though--along with the same lightsaber.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #226 on: June 2, 2006, 11:59 AM »
Saga-044 Luke Skywalker:

Saga-045 Darth Vader:

Saga-046 Endor Rebel Trooper:

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 01:04 PM by Jeff »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: New Naboo/Endor wave Pictures at Galactic Hunter
« Reply #227 on: June 2, 2006, 12:15 PM »
I like that Luke w/poncho.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 2, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I have to admit, the Luke looks pretty sharp. I still hate the fact that we won't have a proper SA version of him in that outfit, but this isn't bad at all.

Looks like they finally made Vader for me to actually open this year with this one (yes I know it's a rehash, but the accessories look cool.)

Nice head sculpt on the Endor soldier. I like that he's getting a regular blaster, I just hope it's not a rinky dink one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 2, 2006, 01:07 PM »
WOW! All repacks but they're good repacks!

Vader is great for a repack. I'd normally pass, but once again I'm buying a figure for its accessories.

Luke - I wish we knew exactly what Luke that is. I'm pretty sure it's the Saga/OTC Luke, but it looks like Hasbro made some modifications? Nevertheless, I'll still be getting it.

Endor Soldier - Looks good, but I'd give it a new head, one that doesn't look like Lando. And maybe throw in the big rifle too? I'm glad to see another rebel on the pegs, my Imperial army finally has somebody to fight!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 2, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Not overly exciting, but not too bad either - especially if you put these in with the rest of the already announced Endor wave.  I really like that Luke quite a bit, and the poncho/helmet looks pretty nice in that picture.  That Luke really could have been on a top tier level if they would have gone with ball/socket knees (and elbows/shoulders).  Other than that, the sculpt and everything looked pretty good to me initially - and I'll look forward to picking up this Endor version.  I'm still hoping we'll see the "ultimate" Jedi Luke released in a future wave of VOTC/VTSC figures though.  I'll pick up that Endor Soldier too, maybe a couple (especially if we see alternate heads).  At least they appear to have given him articulated knees - but an all new SA sculpt would have been nice.  That said, it doesn't look too bad.  I'm not sure on the Vader yet.  I have the first version, but the accessories might be enough to pick up this one.  We'll see.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 2, 2006, 01:15 PM »
This seems to be the breakdown:

(39) Chief Chirpa
(40) Moff Jerjerrod
(41) Death Star Gunner
(42) C-3PO Diety
(43) Emperor (thanks for the catch Jeff ;))
(44) Luke Endor
(45) Darth Vader
(46) Black Endor Soldier
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 01:24 PM by Jim »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: June 2, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Actually, (43) should be The Emperor (repack), not R2-D2.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 01:20 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 2, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Anyone else wondering if they do a running change on the Endor Soldier similar to what the orginal SAGA series did?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #234 on: June 2, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Why would that Vader included the skull and inner cybernetic arm accessories?

Can an Endor Leia be that far behind?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 2, 2006, 01:55 PM »
OMG! OMG! OMG!

I almost flipped out of my chair when I read this!!!

I can't believe that Luke really isn't cancelled! It's a dream come true!

And that Vader is just amazing!

OMG!!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #236 on: June 2, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Actually, (43) should be The Emperor (repack), not R2-D2.  ;)

Wasn't there a rumor going around a month or two ago that there was gonna be an Artoo included with the Endor wave, though?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 2, 2006, 02:09 PM »
I really like the looks of the soft goods poncho on Luke.  I will get that for sure.   

Rebel Commando - I like that they chose an African American head.  Is it Lando?  I wish they would have made one for the Bespin Guard as a variant.  I might buy a few of these.  It would be nice to have a caucasion head sculpt as well. 

Vader - At least they put a different Vader out there this time.  I like the accsories as well.  I am not sure if I'll get him or not?  JMost likely I will for the fun of it. 

Yes it would be nice to have an Endor Leia with that kind of poncho on Luke.  I also wish they would come out with a mother Ewok and her baby.  They could have 2 packed that with Chirpa. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: June 2, 2006, 02:16 PM »
For me right now, the Endor Commando is the most interesting of the lot...  Hasbro super articulated his legs if I'm not mistaken.  I think I see ankle joint lines there, and ball/socket knees.

While it's not totally new, the waistcoat looks like it's shortened slightly at the shoulders and may leave for better poseability at the arms.  The legs look like a VAST improvement but I'm gonna wait to see one loose before I judge it completely because they are still spread apart wide.  If it is articulated that shouldn't be a problem but only if the knees and ankles are poseable.  Otherwise it's gonna have a wide leg stance irregardless.

The head looks like a Lando head to me...  To be honest I'd have preferred them repainting (different hair color, maybe some painted on stubble) the two heads the Saga 02 figure had, but still an African American head is cool too, I just think that's a Lando head slapped on there.

The new belt looks rocking on it though.  Very cool to get a holster for a RFT pistol.  I hope he comes with the rifle as well though as the Endor Soldiers weren't seen with anything but the rifle.  As a kitbash with only SOME new toolings I think that's fair to ask.

Right now that's the most exciting figure for me...  An army builder, and what may potentially be the best Rebel Soldier army builder to-date...  The only current disappointment I have is the lack of new arms.  It'd have been nice to get some ball/socket elbows on the soldier, but overall that body wasn't bad, it was always the legs that killed the figure for me so this makes me glad...  I've even customed up a couple troopers using better legs and that same torso just because the legs always killed that figure for me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 2, 2006, 02:16 PM »

I also wish they would come out with a mother Ewok and her baby. 

Yeah I like that Idea...here's how I'd modify it....
A before/after card-
Before- nice little mum Ewok with dink  
After-pancaked by ATST mum ewok with crying dink

I don't care if it's movie accurate, I'd buy

PS: on the pancaked mum..include x's for the eyes ;D