Author Topic: Palisades...Dead  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Palisades...Dead
« on: February 2, 2006, 12:05 AM »
From the President of Palisades, Mike Horn
"I regret to inform you that after more than 11 successful years, Palisades Entertainment, LLC has discontinued its business of manufacturing and selling licensed and proprietary action figures, collectibles, toys and other goods. This development parallels a general trend within the toy industry, including the bankruptcy of one of Palisades’ largest customers.

Palisades has sold a substantial portion of its assets to another industry player, an affiliate of C.A.S. Iberia, Inc. named Limited by CAS, Inc. That company will continue the sale of certain of the brands that Palisades developed, including the Factory X line.

The sale transaction did not include employment for me or my wife Kate, who many of you know. Consequently, neither Kate nor I will be reachable at the buyer’s offices, nor will we have any ongoing relationship with the buyer.

I don’t have any plans for the immediate future beyond enjoying life with Kate and our children, until I figure out our next chapter.

I’d like to take this time to thank all of my friends and colleagues, and in particular, the team that helped me build and nurture Palisades for so many years."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Palisades...Dead
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Son of a bitch. I was afraid this was going to happen since the Sesame Street line has yet to be released.

I'm sad to see them go. They were one of the few companies that combined articulation and sculpt extremely well, and their Muppets line might be regarded as legendary by some.

Hopefully that dude and his wife find some decent employment, but I bet they had a pretty decent golden parachute.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2006, 02:37 AM »
Sad...  I hope some of their licenses continue, like the Terminator line among others.  Be nice if some of their designers got picked up at Hasbro and gave the SW line a shot in the arm with a different point of view.  I don't think their AOD were perfect but there was a lot of potential there to improve the modern SW line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2006, 07:58 PM »
****.  I'd heard a rumor about this a while ago but then never did track down any hard evidence that it was going to happen. 

One of the newer issues of Toy Fair of AFD even had pictures of Big Bird and some of the other SS toys.  I thought maybe the rumor I'd heard was just that...guess not.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #4 on: February 2, 2006, 09:06 PM »
They were talking about this on the forums (and over at RS) for a few weeks now and I kept hoping it wasn't true.  Aside from making great toys (including the Sesame Street line I was looking forward to)...they've had some nice people working there.  Whether it was customer service or people at a con, I always thought they were really cool people.
Got Clones?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Palisades Toys
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Did anyone else collect their figures when they were still in buisness?I collected the Invader Zim,Fairly Odd Parents & Ren & Stimpy lines.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2006, 10:58 AM »
I collected the Muppets figures. Those were some great sculpts.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2006, 12:03 PM »
I loved the Die Hard and X-Files Palz. I still need 2 of the second series X-Files 1:64 figures  :-[ I wisht hey would have got one more line out though, so they coul dhave finished the Lone Gunmen.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"