Author Topic: Making Removable helmets  (Read 8981 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Making Removable helmets
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 08:38 PM »
I've purchased latex at Michael's and seen it at Hobby Lobby.  However, after working with it.  I highly highly recommend using a silicone product like Smooth Sil.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Mmm, Latex  ;D

Just kidding. I've been looking for this tutorial for a while now! Thank goodness someone bumped it up and Thanks the maker that Glass was kind enough to show us his sercret! :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 10:20 PM »
What I'm more into with the use of Latex for casting is using it for one-shots and things.  For me, sometimes you need a cheap but good cast of something you'll use once and basically discard (more or less).  Latex is useful/cheaper for that mode of thinking generally while RTV Silicone's going to be a little more complex and costly overall... 

BTW the technique Glassman picture-by-pictured there is a great one to use Paul, that's a very useful one for hollow helmets I think...  I hadn't really looked back through the thread before my reply so I was speaking from my own personal methods, but his picture tutorial was quite easy to follow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77