Author Topic: EpIII Greatest Battles Collection  (Read 22760 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #45 on: May 4, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Well, new EE news claims that there will indeed be a H&V wave 3. I tought 2 waves were to much ::)

But honestly, now that there are 3 waves, I wouldn't doubt a 4th. and maybe a 5th. Heck, we might not get tatooine until next year! They have released about 30 of ROTS's 60-something figures. Why repack that many when you can repack them ALL?!?!?

I know, I know, I'm giving them bad ideas, but still... ;)

P.S. Well, the good part is that so far we're getting more SA clones, more tac. ops, and more shockies (not SA though).
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #46 on: May 4, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #47 on: May 4, 2006, 10:34 PM »
At least they could release the Skirmish #41 Shockie on the card instead of the #6 one. Oh well.  :-\
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #48 on: May 5, 2006, 12:19 AM »
I keep saying, therefore it makes it a little more true each time I tell myself, but this is going too far with a third wave. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #49 on: May 5, 2006, 01:16 AM »
I'd be up for a third wave if it included some of that hard-to-find stuff from the very end of the ROTS line.  As it is, I can't really bring myself to be interested in most of the stuff in these three waves.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2006, 03:39 AM »
I'd be up for a third wave if it included some of that hard-to-find stuff from the very end of the ROTS line. As it is, I can't really bring myself to be interested in most of the stuff in these three waves.

Well seeing as how that picture is of the 3rd wave, we can rule out that possiblity, with the exception of the shock of course.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #51 on: May 5, 2006, 04:55 AM »
Some of it's really not bad, I'm excited to see the shocktrooper, the black pilot...  I'm into picking more of those up.  I think some of those choices are comically bad though.  I mean, Obi-Wan in any form?  The one in the Coruscant Wave just came out...  Same with Anakin.  Lay off those figs...  And Vader.  He was a pegwarmer last year, so was Bacara, so why release them again?  I don't get it...

The Clone pilot, shocktrooper, and 501st are all good...  The Wookiee I dig seeing again though why not the Wookiee Heavy Gunner figure?  That was hard to find actually.

Dooku and Padme are ok, they were never terribly common in my area...  Good to have on the pegs.  Same with a 3PO figure too I think since he's sort of lacking on the pegs.

Lots of bad choices in these...  And it's gonna feel like 2005.  It's like Hasbro's in some panic that the line needs to get a shot in the ass of what they got last year...  I think Hasbro's missing the point though that the movie's done and anything they f'd up on capitalizing on last year is done and over with...  I don't know how much they'll benefit from re-releasing this stuff now a year or so later.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2006, 10:01 AM »
What irritates me is the classic "re-packing" crap.

Wave 1 - 12 "new" figures
Wave 2 - 9 "new" figures, 3 duplicates from wave 2
Wave 3 - 5 "new" figures, 5 duplicates from wave 1, 2 duplicates from wave 3

I can tolerate these, but when you start re-shipping wave 1 with wave 3, well that just sucks.

If they would have swapped out Grievous and Mace in wave 3 with #28 "Sith Eyes" Anakin and a #43 Wookiee Warrior re-paint, that would have been a lot cooler.   
« Last Edit: May 5, 2006, 10:03 AM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #53 on: May 5, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Lots of bad choices in these...  And it's gonna feel like 2005.  It's like Hasbro's in some panic that the line needs to get a shot in the ass of what they got last year...  I think Hasbro's missing the point though that the movie's done and anything they f'd up on capitalizing on last year is done and over with...  I don't know how much they'll benefit from re-releasing this stuff now a year or so later.

You're exactly right Jesse.  Definitely some poor choices in there, and I think Hasbro is just now trying to play catch up for not having anything decent on the pegs at the end of 2005 (Christmas in particular).  I don't mind seeing some of these figures on the pegs again (clones, 3PO, Dooku, even Padme), but otherwise I don't know that these are too necessary.  I know they are technically different assortments, but I still have bad feelings that anything that isn't a clone (or hard to find previously) in these cases will be clogging up the pegs when we're looking for the Tatooine and Endor waves - my most anticipated waves of the year aside from the VTSC.  And, at this point, if they want to get an Anakin on the pegs again, just repackaging the Evolutions version already.  That's a real nice figure.  Lots of bad choices, and with three series of this now, I'm not sure if it needed its own assortment.  Just have another "ROTS" wave in TSC - with some new figures like BARC Troopers or Galactic Marines - and then re-release other clones and if necessary the best versions of the main characters (Evo Anakin, and although we've seen plenty - Pilot Obi).  I think we've got our fill of Vader, there's plenty of Hoth ones hanging about here.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #54 on: May 5, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Man, I hope those don't make it to Canada.  Without the movies to push those figures, they won't be moving at all.  Series 3 is just plain brutal.  The only thing that will move is the shock trooper.  The clone commanders sat up here even when the movie was hot.  None of them are as bad as re-releasing pregnant Padme though, she can keep herself company on multiple cardbacks. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #55 on: May 5, 2006, 01:08 PM »
As if a Wave 3 wasn't bad enough, how about some revision cases?

Star Wars EIII Heroes & Villains Figures Wave 3, Revision 1
2x Darth Vader, 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Yoda, 1x Clone Trooper, 1x Chewbacca, 1x R2-D2, 2x Shock Trooper, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot), 1x Emperor Palpatine, 1x Clone Commander (Red).

Star Wars EIII Heroes & Villains Figures Wave 3, Revision 2
2x Darth Vader, 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Yoda, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x General Grievous, 1x Mace Windu, 1x R2-D2, 2x Shock Trooper, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot), 1x Emperor Palpatine.

« Last Edit: May 5, 2006, 01:10 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #56 on: May 5, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Two Obi-Wans in the same assortment - great idea ::).  I might pick up a Shocktrooper or two if I find them, I'm just a fan of that design.  Now if our Targets would only stock/have the Senate pack so I can get the nice #41 version.  They really seem to be overdoing it with these assortments/revisions though.  Hasbro - you missed the sales boat at the end of 2005 - its too late.  Looking at these pics reminds me of how we really could use an all new (larger) version of Grievous.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2006, 01:21 PM »
If I can find them I plan on buying one of each clone strictly for the cardback.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #58 on: May 5, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I'll get the Shocktrooper, but the rest of the choices are just dumb. Why even bother RE-rereleasing crap like Mace? I guess those Hoth Vaders need someone to battle on the pegs at night when stores are closed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #59 on: May 5, 2006, 03:15 PM »
I'd be up for a third wave if it included some of that hard-to-find stuff from the very end of the ROTS line. As it is, I can't really bring myself to be interested in most of the stuff in these three waves.

Well seeing as how that picture is of the 3rd wave, we can rule out that possiblity, with the exception of the shock of course.

Yeah, I see that it's the third wave, I was saying because of what I see there, I'm not interested.  Sorry I wasn't clearer.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2006, 03:17 PM by Resurrection Bob »