Here is an update on my Scorch. First thing I did was split the casted torso in half and then drilled out the insides. I tried to make it as thin as possible to fit on the MM body.
Then I decided that in order to hide the joints better, I gave him a balloon body glove. It also a better surface to glue to armor on to withour worring about gluing a joint together. The glove arms are a little loose but that will be hidden when the armor is placed on.
Finally, I went ahead and painted the base cote of the chest armor and added some sculpty to the sides to make it connect all the way around. I need to fix some of the sculpty on the right side since it cracked when I cured it.
I drilled a hole in the casted helmet so see how the head will fit.
After seeing how the helmet looks on the body, I've decided to make a cast of Commander Cody's head and hollow out the casted helmet.
So as you can see, he is coming along slowly but surely.