Author Topic: Place your bets...Hulk  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Place your bets...Hulk
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 10:52 AM »
I think where The Hulk will have trouble compared to the other Marvel movies (X-Men, X-2, Spiderman) is just the nature of the character.  The Hulk is this huge, gree monster.  And, he would have to be done as a digital character to be convincing.  As much as Lou Ferigno was cool in the series, this is just a different case.

Here, we're being asked to know the Hulk as he was in the comics.  Which if you think about it, is a big stretch for anyone's imagination.  You're talking about a 15 foot tall green beast with mega-strength, and the ability to leap miles at a time.

What might have served as a good case for capturing the Hulk's performance is the technique Peter Jackson used to capture Gollum in Lord Of The Rings:  The Two Towers.  Have an actor try to act these scenes out in a motion capture suit, and then use that performance to drive a digital Hulk.  It certainly worked in the case of Gollum.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Place your bets...Hulk
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 11:00 AM »
That is way to many Hulk figures. Imagine if every Walmart had that many in each store in your city, you could actually melt down all the figures & make a real life size Hulk figure & still have some plastic left to make Brent a She Hulk figure.   ;D

hmmm, customizing.... :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.