Author Topic: Why didn't Vader Clone Padme  (Read 10107 times)

Offline iceman

• Youngling
  • Who's Luke's Daddy??
    • View Profile
Why didn't Vader Clone Padme
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:12 PM »
ok, this is a question that i have been mulling over for a few days now.  supposedly, you can clone an individual off of any cells from a body, EI hair, skin.  Since Vader had this great loss of his beloved, and they did have the cloning technology, why do you think that he didn't try to clone her?

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't Vader Clone Padme
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Well, it wouldn't really be the same. Even if she were conditioned and behaved just like Padme it would always be "someone else" as it were. Hope that makes sense :/

Of course, a deranged/obsessed person or a more materialistic person might go ahead and do it just for a facsimile, but that would seem outside Vader/Anakin's character I think.

My question though, is why Palpatine didn't clone Vader and replace him... he's a shifty, evil enough dude, and theoretically a clone would've had all of Vader's skill in the force, a healthy body (instead of a completely amputated one in a breathing suit) plus Palpatine could've conditioned him from scratch- nixing any chances of what happened in ROTJ. :) That would suck of course, but seems like something Palpatine would do- as one book put it he pretty much saw everyone and everything as a means to an end.

Perhaps he thought having the Anakin, and the statement of his descent into the darkside and the extent of his rage, was worthwhile enough. After all, the dark side is all about rage and hatred- as you see in the way Palpatine goads Luke on in ROTJ.

One theory would also say that Palpatine didn't have access to cloning technology outright since the clone army came from Kamino, but surely he could've siezed the place and stolen it, I think. The Expanded Universe, though many movie fans disregard it, states (according to the Thrawn Trilogy at least) that Palpatine had some stolen cloning cylinders stockpiled in a secret warehouse with other interesting junk, but wasn't clear how much he used them. I believe the Dark Empire comics plot revolves around Palpatine cloning himself and transferring his soul to new bodies, though.

And another technical quandry is bought up by the Thrawn trilogy that, oddly enough, might explain why Vader was never cloned; it says many early attempts at clones didn't think or function properly unless they were grown very slowly (and, incidentally, the army of the republic was growing for at least 10 years IIRC). Thrawn found a way around it by using Ysalamiri, which repel the force, to keep the force from affecting the clones- the problem was that two identical entitites caused problems with the force and thus drove the clone mad. But obviously that wouldn't be so good for cloning a Sith Lord- then they probably couldn't use the force at all!

One further bit of coincidental technical information I can garner from the Thrawn trilogy on this subject is the existance of Joruus C'Baoth, a mad clone of a Jedi killed a few years before the Clone Wars. I'm not sure but I kind of got the impression Palpatine was the one who cloned him- that would make sense if he was an experiment to see if he could use the same method on Vader, eh?

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy speech, hope it helps you think some. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:51 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 09:55 PM »
It'd be Padme, but without all the prior memories and experience with Anakin.   Plus, he's encased in armor and breathes like a 400 lb. man, chicks aren't really into that.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iceman

• Youngling
  • Who's Luke's Daddy??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:07 PM »
I am just curious.  I am on Snowtroopers.ca and have posted the same question there.  This was something one day when watching AOTC and it came to em.  Palpatine and Vader had the cloning technology, and Vader seems like he would do anything to have his beloved wife back. One thing I thought of, which could make a great TV Episode or 3 could be Vader Clones Padme, brings her along in the cloning facility.  Bail and Mon Mothma find out about what he is doing, get their spies to plant a seed into her genetics to assassinate Palpatine, where she attempts it, and is killed by Vader, furthering the grip the Emperor has on Vader.  Damn, makes for some good TV.  anyone know where I can sign up as a writer for the new star wars TV show??

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 06:19 PM »
My question though, is why Palpatine didn't clone Vader and replace him... he's a shifty, evil enough dude, and theoretically a clone would've had all of Vader's skill in the force, a healthy body (instead of a completely amputated one in a breathing suit) plus Palpatine could've conditioned him from scratch- nixing any chances of what happened in ROTJ. :) That would suck of course, but seems like something Palpatine would do- as one book put it he pretty much saw everyone and everything as a means to an end.

I would say the reason Palpatine doesn't clone Vader would be that Vader in his present deformed state is a puppet for the Emperor. Because of the losses (both physical and mental) Vader has suffered, he is easily controlled by Palpatine even though his powers in the Force are still there. And as the right hand of Palpatine, Vader is certainly more menacing in the armor and thus makes a haunting visual when Vader performs the Emperor's will across the Empire.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 07:34 PM »
would cloning necessarily pass on force power?  if it would, it seems like they would have gone that way with the original stormtroopers.

as far as padme, just cuz it looks like her doesn't make it her.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:29 PM »
would cloning necessarily pass on force power?  if it would, it seems like they would have gone that way with the original stormtroopers.
Well, the way the Thrawn trilogy explains it- though you may or may not choose to see such things as canon- the clone does inherit the original person's force abilities, but is also subsequently driven insane by being an unnatural duplicate in the force. Also, if the two clones are in close proximity they both feel this intense "pressure" on their minds that is supposed to be disorienting.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 03:53 PM »
first of all, why not just clone Anakin some new limbs?  They may need some replacing if i'm to understand correctly with the whole aging faster i take it the limbs would where out sooner then the rest of his body.  Couldn't he at least use some skin grafts from a cloned body.  or at least some synthflesh after all ESB luke had some fake skin on his new hand.  this topic is about cloning padme, which i kind of thought about myself, do you really think it out of character for him?  this is the guy that went on a killing spree in order to become strong enough in the darkside to save her from death.  he killed children, friends, people that were basically his family, including trying to kill the man that raised him and was a father/brother to him.  now this sounds like a man a little obcessed, does it not.  look how warped his thinking is.  even if she doesn't have her memories and really essentially isn't Padme, his thinking process would probably tell him it's better then not having her at all.  Or at least clone the child within her womb and just let it grow naturally. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Even if he was capable of cloning Padme, I doubt he would have.

Anakin betrayed her in the worst of ways. Padme could have never loved him after what he had done to the Jedi, and he knew that, and so he killed her in a fit of rage. Sure, he could clone her to slap her around some more - but he wouldn't be able to Clone her being in love with him at some point... And when you're Darth Vader, there's nothing to love, anyway.

Why not just clone Anakin some new limbs?

Because Darth Vader was being upgraded into a war machine.

I'm sure it crossed Palpatine's mind that Vader was being made more vunerable to lightning attacks, too... You know, just in case.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 03:12 PM »
sure more vulnerable to attacks, but that is the way of the sith when the apprentice has become stronger then the master he must take over.  if the apprentice never becomes any stronger then the master wouldn't the sith in a way become stagnint?  when confronting yoda sids even states vader will become stronger then either of us, it's anticipated that he will eventually lead the sith order.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:25 PM »
He wouldn't have much use for her since his weiner was probably melted off/or severely deformed while laying face down in a Mustafarian lava bank. There are just some things Palpy can't fix with Cybernetics.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 07:14 PM »
he said weiner  ;D.  what do you think all those buttons on the vaders chestbox do.  the red button turns on his pump.  if that doesn't work i heard  lightsaber's also have a vibrate button.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 03:14 AM »
Plus, with all the new fangled technology all the comb vaporize hairs, so they had nothing left to clone from.  Darn that imperial sterile environment!  *NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #13 on: October 4, 2006, 05:24 PM »
well as jay put it in Jay & Silent bob Strike Back: "its just not the same." while attempting to stand infront of another quick stop. lol

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 5, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Well, its for the best.
I dont think she would love what he had become, even if she was the same padme by some freak of nature. She would probably leave him...in which case he would either go crazy and kill her or just let it go and become a mentally decrepit mess.
Clone Commander Appo.