Author Topic: How many SAGA2 Sandtroopers do you have?  (Read 57942 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: How many SAGA2 Sandtroopers do you have?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 08:31 PM »
None... just like my VTSC Biker Scouts (period), Snowtroopers, Commtech or better Stormtroopers...

My "army" sucks. :( Sometime I need to get like $15 or something to spend, and get a couple Commtech Stormtropers and a Snowtrooper or something at least. It's mind-numbingly lame; death by POTF2.

But if I see any of these, I'm grabbing them. Our Wal Mart just restocked with, mysteriously, old UGHs (I got a Fett though:)) and Coruscant Wave figures. Again. No Tatooine Wave, no Heroes and Villains (but maybe that's a good thing), no VTSC. Just the same first four waves of freakin' basic figures.

I'm hopefully going out of town soon though... maybe I'll get lucky enough to find one of these?

...or maybe all they'll have are Anakins, Bib Fortunas, Vaders, and Gummy Mundis. Or, they'll be full of H&V crud, like Anakins and Vaders! Yaaaaaay.

I have considered trying to do some paint removing on troopers once I get some, though; I have two evolutions Sandtroopers, currently I've got one sitting and pretending to be a normal stormtrooper with my ROTJ figures. Chances are, if I get one of these Sandtroopers, I'll be making him into a normal stormtrooper; if I get two I might keep one as a Sandtrooper though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:31 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 11:25 PM »
I only have one. I am hoping for a few, mostly to turn into stormies but no luck. All I see is ****** Solo

I've seen ONE Solo, and that is the only sign of this wave. I'd really like to pick up close to 30 of these puppies and turn 20 or so into pain white troopers, but that doesn't appear as if it will happen.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Just one so far.  I don't know that I'm gonna go crazy on this one.  Because when I tally up the POTJ Sandtroopers, the Sandtrooper 4-pack and all of the Evolutions Sandtroopers I have...it's a lot!

I'll probably get at least 4 more.  I actually like the accessories a lot.  But the pike does NOT fit well in this Sandy's hand.  And then there's also the matter of what to do with the thermal detonator when this Sandtrooper has the backpack on.  I'm kind of stashing it in one of the voids in the backpack, but then the backpack doesn't fit as flush as it should against the armor.  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 11:55 PM »
I have 4 and I thought that's all I wanted but if I see more I will not hesitate to pick it up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Big goose egg on the Sandtrooper so far...  Disappointed to, but so far the H&V have a chokehold on the pegs around Pittsburgh so Tatooine is barely making it out at a trickle if at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 12:58 AM »
I have ONE carded Sandtrooper.  Still looking for a dozen or so openers - and it isn't looking good.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 01:27 AM »
I have ONE carded Sandtrooper.  Still looking for a dozen or so openers - and it isn't looking good.

I'm shocked! You usually have a countertop or so of troops!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Yeah, I'm wondering if most of them hit stores while I was out of the country - and army builders are hotter and hotter these days with collectors (and scalpers) so it's not a suprise that they're bought up more quickly now.  Nevermind that it's essentially a VOTC Stormy for $6.63

Kevin, make sure you go sign up for Fantasy Football before those roster spots lock up.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 02:54 AM »
I have one, and that's all I'll need. I was never big on Sandtroopers, and I have a bunch of Hasbro's previous versions, so I don't see the point in going nuts on this one.

More for those who want them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Big goose egg on the Sandtrooper so far...  Disappointed to, but so far the H&V have a chokehold on the pegs around Pittsburgh so Tatooine is barely making it out at a trickle if at all.

They're a different SKU number, so the H&V wave isn't holding things up.  This is a pretty common misconception.  Look at The Saga Collection basic figures from the battle waves as something akin to Collection 1 from past lines, and the H&V and Greatest Battle waves as something akin to Collection 2.  How can you tell this?  Go to a Target store with the newer model of scanner.  The new scanner not only gives you a price, but also the SKU and stock info.  The H&V wave figures have a different SKU from the rest of the line.

The only thing that may be holding regular TSC figures from getting on the pegs is real estate.  If the pegs are full of the H&V wave, then the directive the employees have is to not put new stock out until old stock has been cleared out.  But the inventory of new TSC figures may actually be in stock at that store.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:32 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Have not seen any Tatooine yet.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 06:08 PM »
None, this wave has not hit Jersey yet.
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 06:09 PM »
None, this wave has not hit Jersey yet.

Au contraire, mon frere!  They're in Jersey.

Feedback

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Found another today.  At three.  Three more to go.  Vader and Hammerhead are already pegwarming my WM, TRU and Target.  There were six of each tonight at WM. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 06:21 PM »
They're a different SKU number, so the H&V wave isn't holding things up.

Riiight, and like I said, the H&V are keeping the figures from hitting the pegs, Nick...  Whether you want to interpret what I said as it being an order-issue or "real-estate" as you called it, that I believe is your faux pau, not mine...  I'm well aware they're different SKU #'s though, so that didn't escape my attention...  THe fact remains though, they're not hitting the pegs in anything but a trickle (at least near me) though, and it's not for any reason but the H&V as I stated...  

However, it may surprise you to know that different SKU's don't mean that purchasers aren't differentiating for the retailers.  It's not uncommon.  They maybe just are refocusing their puchases on what they think the hotter collection is (ala Col. 1 & Col. 2 have a habit of doing because one is expected to appeal more to who the purchaser(s) feel are the market).  Target's trying to differentiate the two clearly with unique display racks on the shelves however Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and TRU are not that I noticed, so it is possible that one SKU is now getting the shaft in favor of the other.  A purchaser may have replaced one for the other completely, or orders substantially less of one in favor of the other...  So at the end of the day, visually around here, I can safely say the H&V are what's keeping Tatooine Wave from hitting in any quantity be it for one reason or the other.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77