Author Topic: Shadowstalker - Chapter One  (Read 11001 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowstalker - Chapter One
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 12:58 PM »
master brisk apor: Thanks!

In Rem: Thanks for the suggestions. I'll touch on the Palpatine bit below with CHEWIE's response, but good idea on the Mace Windu part. I didn't really know how to end that bit of dialogue. Hope you keep enjoying!

CHEWIE: Reguarding the Mickey name, it's a shot at the owner of www.supershadow.com. Not sure if you've ever been there, but the owner, named Mickey, is a giant douche who claims to be Lucas' best friend, and also claims he will be directing the sequel trilogy in 2020, etc. I was wondering if anyone would catch the reference, but I guess not. However, I'll be addressing a name change in Chapter 2.

Reguarding Palpatine, the begging was meant to make him seem two-faced, actually. I know I didn't put any "authoritiveness" in the dialogue, but kind of forcing Mace into working on this project shows his authority, IMO. Of course, others think differently, but I'll keep the suggestion in mind next time I use Palpatine.

Reguarding backgrounds, I wanted something simple and easy to use for this one, but MUCH better backgrounds are coming up. I'm learning to work Photoshop, too, so hopefully that will help.

And who says a random Jedi won't become involved?  ;) We saw the one Jedi being decapitated, perhaps the terrorist group will kidnap another? Anything could happen to sidetrack the trooper...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 01:29 PM »
LOL is the decapitated jedi the Obi wan you used when I talked you through on cutting the neck post off?
You already heard my response through the IM but you then told me about that cooky owner named mickey. Wow what an idiot

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Travis,

Terrific introductory chapter! There was only one thing that bothered me, and that was the use of Cyrillic in the 'file photo'. Perhaps next time you could use Aurebesh?

Aurebesh

But other than that, an enjoyable chapter! Looking foward to seeing further progress in the series.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 12:25 AM »
Smarty: Nope, it's another Obi-Wan. And yes, SuperShadow.com is stupid, and its owner is an idiot.

Vator: Thanks, and I've already explained the Aurebesh situation. I found some downloadable fonts, but none seemed to be loading correctly onto Word, so I tried some mousewritten text, and it didn't come out pretty. ;) So I just stuck with a substitute.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 11:11 PM »
I like it so far,also I think we all know who Super Shadow is,but not his name.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 10:27 PM »
 ;DLooks good so far
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!