Author Topic: Collecting: Do You Favor One Trilogy Over the Other?  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting: Do You Favor One Trilogy Over the Other?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 09:08 PM »
I favor the OT.  Although I do army build clones which are the only PT figs I buy multiples of.  My wallet really wishes the PT never happened.  I wish I could become more selective which I am to a point.  But I still collect 2 of every basic carded fig from both trilogies. I just hate having a hole in my basic carded collection especially when the cardbacks are numbered.  The only basic carded figs I dont collect would be Heroes Line, HOF, etc. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Yeah, for some reason figures from ANH excite me the most.  Overall I tend to like the OT more than the PT.  But I still buy plenty from the PT. It's all good I guess.

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 08:26 AM »
Collecting wise, I have far more PT stuff because that's what's been around last year and this year. Just slowly have the good OT things been trickling in like the Tatooine wave, so I don't have many of those. Though I do like the OT better, it is,has been, and will probably always be the Star Wars experience for me. So I favor the OT.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:32 AM by Word_Weaver »

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I collect both sides, but more OT than PT like

I  most likey buy OT boring figure like an random alien who hardy see in the movies, than a boring PT figure that is more in the movie.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 02:36 AM »
I find I like more and more OT figures...  The diversity is more appealing in those films, whereas the PT figures are only starting in the past year to get great...

I look to the PT for more great main characters and I feel they really can have the upper hand there, as characters like Windu, the various stages of Obi, Qui-Gon, etc. are all lacking great figures...  I don't look to the PT much for weird background aliens and whatnot though...  I'd take Cantina aliens over the Senate or Pod Race any day...

PT army builders are limited to Clones and droids for the most part...  I have more interest then in OT army builders getting their just desserts...  The Rebels are really getting the short end of the stick for quality troopers, and let's face it that you can get Clones in abundance but Stormtroopers of any great quality are a tough find... 

The OT needs its main characters too, but they seem to have more...  VOTC's helped the OT in that regard.  The PT seems to just need a LOT of main character resculpts while the OT just needs a hair fewer...  Still, the other reasons listed have me leaning towards the OT being my favorite...

ROTS is where I really want the most PT work, but the OT I think needs new figures from all 3 films equally...  That alone is reason enough to lean towards the OT in my book.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 12:17 PM »
I find I always tend to lean to the OT just because I grew up and started collecting with that. That 80's space feel seems other worldy at times and far far away like when it was made. It adds to the child hood fantasy of adventure.
 I  now apppreciate the PT more and have really embraced army building because of it. Since ROTS the PT got the pick up in respect in desperatly needed, the CW connection is what really put it over the top and brought it back to the OT connection for fans.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 02:57 PM »
I like them both and collect from both but I have a fondness for OT.  When it comes to dioramas OT is the way to go except for the AOTC Arena and ROTS clone scenes.  I also collect a lot more OT vehicles than PT ones but that may be due to the fact that there are more (produced) OT ones which have been around for a while.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 08:37 PM »
OT only.  I admit to falling victim to consumerism during ROTS, but I have purged all the PT dreck from my collection.  At this point the only PT things that make it into my collection are things that COULD have been in the OT.