Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: Ven Zallow v4 update  (Read 121260 times)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Dark Jedi Varan E'ron
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2007, 02:12 AM »
His head looks great - nice and grizzled, like a hardened vet.  The paintjob reminds me of Chewie's work, very well done.  Using the static Maul legs would've never occurred to me, and they go really nicely with the rest of the body.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 07:17 AM »
Robo Quack, thanks for your thoughts. What exactly do you mean about the paint job? Just curious what can be improved  :) The recipe is just below the pics.

Ruprecht, thanks man. Tomax (or whatever) has a real smooth face, but while drilling out his head to fit the neck post, I accidentally slipped a couple of times with my bur  :-\. At first, I wanted to throw the head away and look for another, but mangling him up a bit more was more fun  ;D. I even wanted to make him legless at one point and have him on a repulsor device or something. That idea will have to wait though.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 07:44 AM »
I like it, I think the back story is very good as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2007, 10:00 PM »
Robo Quack, thanks for your thoughts. What exactly do you mean about the paint job? Just curious what can be improved  :) The recipe is just below the pics.

oh duh, i shouldve seen that recipe.

the paint aps seem really thin, making him look shiny and that takes away some of its realism. also, since this happens to me all the time, i cant really blame you, but i can see where you missed a couple spots on the arm joints. all in all, a very neat custom with a cool backstory, but just a couple little pointers i figured id mention.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2007, 12:33 AM »
Ah, I see. Yeah, I normally don't have much trouble with Citadel paints in terms of glossiness. There's two coats of paint, so I don't know why it came out a bit glossy. I don't have dullcote or anything like that. It's impossible to come by here, and I can't order it from the States or UK  :(. Otherwise, I'd have applied some of that, of course  :)

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Hi, your Dark jedi is awsome,
and I really like that twilek bartender!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: QT-UT
« Reply #66 on: July 6, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Hm, it's been a while.... Here's a movie crossover I made for the Yakfinities. This is QT-UT, an all purpose utility droid on the set of Kill Bill 1 & 2. This little fella stood in as reserve-backup-last-resort-stunt-triple for Uma Thurman and was supposed to direct the 5th and 6th unit. Unfortunately, his services were never called upon, so he just stood in a corner, acting as a water cooler...

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: update 12/19..... for real!!
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Holy mackerel, it's been ages since I've posted a new figure! These home makeover things are real hobby killers. But I managed to make this zombified version of our beloved mr. Vos. More figures are nearing completion and I just wanna say it's good to be back at the customizing table  :)

Zombie Vos                                                                With some effects

I used this Army of Darkness Pit Deadite figure and added some Greenstuff over the shoulders, and softgoods on Vos' belt.

Let me know what ya think  :)

-Incom

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 05:30 AM »
Where's Ash? ;)

"Alright you primitive screw heads, listen up. This is my LASER STICK!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:33 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2007, 05:49 AM »
I really like the Kill Bill astromech. Very ingenious.
I remember my dream now.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Quarren Hunter Niqrot (12/21/07)
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I'm steadily finishing up some WIPs. Here's a Quarren (bounty) hunter for ya, named Niqrot.

Recipe:
- Tessek head and hands
- Obi-Wan (Cold Weather Gear) body
- sculpted armor and gadgets
- ??? 's gun

As always, thoughts, gripes and things like that are greatly appreciated.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Wookiee Berserker Shorryyhn (01-04-'08)
« Reply #71 on: January 4, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Here's another wiip I finished: a Wookiee Berserker all ready to pound on some nosy lil' clones! I call him Shorryyhn, which means "fierce danger".

Shorryyhn is a 250+ year old ferocious warrior from the more northern parts of Kashyyyk. During the Imperial siege of Kashyyyk he managed to escape captivity and slavery, by fleeing into the thick forests. He encountered Linet Starbright, Jedi padawan and fugitive from the Empire, being hunted by a squad of clones and their AT-RTs. Without hesitation he made short work of the clones, ripping limbs, heads and AT-RT legs along the way. Together they fled deeper into the woods, never to be found again. It is rumoured they eventually formed a succesful pair of smugglers....

Recipe:
- SP Wookiee Warrior, various parts modded with Greenstuff/Fixit (braid, manes, shoulders)
- Samurai Spawn armour

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Wookiee Berserker Shorryyhn (01-04-'08)
« Reply #72 on: January 9, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Very simple additions that make this wookie unique, very nice. Excellent job with the greenstuff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Heavy Support Trooper 01-11-'08
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2008, 10:03 AM »
Here's a Heavy Support Trooper for the TFU Yakfinities. This guy's equipped with the T-21 rifle (later issued to the Sandtroopers, amongst others) and he has an integrated jetpack on his armour. This allows him to quickly jump to various hotspots on the battlefield. A special shout out to Straxus who made the helmet!!

Personally, I'm glad this one's finished, at least I'm done with it ;)  I used the regular AT-RT Driver's body, and painted that white. Never again! Next time, I'll just pick up the Utapau version or something  :P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Incom's customs: Heavy Support Trooper 01-11-'08
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Nice work on your latest stuff here Incom. That clone looks pretty good, I like the new headsculpt a lot. That wookiee is fantastic. You did a great job varying him up enough with the braid, beard, and shoulders to make him look like a completely different wookiee. Those gauntlets really remind me of the hidden blade in Assassin's Creed.

I think my favorite has to be that Quarren. The drybrush on the head is prefect. I never really noticed that headsculpt actually had so much texture. I really like the gloss on the mouth tentacles/beak/or whater the small upper part is. It makes it look nice and wet. You've done a great job melding your armor and that Obi-Wan body together, it really looks like it came like that. Very nice choice of color on it as well. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
"This is the way."