Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305106 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1395 on: September 8, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Will that new Han be tauntaun ready?

From a recent Q&A session here at JD, which came out just before the "Search for Luke" set was revealed:
2) If we were to release a Taun-Taun for Han we would most likely update the figure to fit onto the creature.

Like JJ said, the pics sure looked like bj-hips so it's a good bet that Han will fit on that Tauntaun just fine...
« Last Edit: September 8, 2011, 03:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 8, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Looking good for Princess Kneesa in 2012 too...

We will finally know where woklings come from.  ;D

Actually, I had the plush Kneesa from 83-84, I knew where they came from.  ;)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Somebody needs to ask Hasbro  if they'll ever make the Gian Speeder, it being 10 years+ since TPM.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 23, 2011, 01:50 PM »
I would liek to see the bigger silver one thet they plan the palace raid standing beside, its more prominately featured than teh green one anyway

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1399 on: September 29, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Didn't Hasbro say something, somewhere recently, about the Battledroid's fold-up dealy getting some attention?  I could've sworn they were asked about it by somebody.

Yeah...I guarantee it's the MTT, based on their nerdjaculation over the fold up feature of the droid.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1400 on: September 29, 2011, 02:03 PM »
That or the little troop transport thingie they did (It was in ROTS too IIRC).  But an MTT would be interesting given the BMF style treatment.

$40 though, or under, and I'm thinking it'll be sad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53 PM »
It would be cool to have to MTT on one hand (or is it MMT? I'm too lazy to check right now). But on the other hand, you'd sort of be stuck buying like 40 of the new fold-up battledroid...at Vintage collection prices. Still, with the ****** plastic Hasbro uses for their battledroids, "folded up and hung on a series of hooks" may be the only practical pose you can get.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 29, 2011, 04:28 PM »
I'd love to see a big MTT - if they do go about it, they absolutely have to find some way to compliment it with a droid army that is easy to acquire, and not too pricey.  Who knows how they'd go about that, but I don't see why they can't also use the "Movie Heroes" line with two Battle Droids in a single blister... and some sort of army building battle pack too.  Even a TRU exclusive - 8 of the new Battle Droid sculpt, 1 Destroyer Droid and a new Darth Maul for $49.99.... eh?  I'd bite.

On the other hand, knowing Hasbro we might get some sort of deluxe MTT mini rig that opens up a front hatch and on a rack it holds a grand total of one Battle Droid... how ridiculous would that look?   ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49 PM »
I love the larger vehicles (republic shuttle aside) but the MTT is a big turd and just kinda hovered for a minute.  Granted the army of droids inside was pretty nifty and I'd bet they'd outfit it with maybe half of them to start things off.  I'm sure if they did make one it'd follow that formula and be some kind of wonky playset and I guess that would be okay because other than the droid storage it really didn't/doesn't have much going for it.

Perhaps we'll see a few *hints* in the toon ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 29, 2011, 05:07 PM »
On the other hand, knowing Hasbro we might get some sort of deluxe MTT mini rig that opens up a front hatch and on a rack it holds a grand total of one Battle Droid... how ridiculous would that look?   ;D

"Wipe them out...all of them..."

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 29, 2011, 05:26 PM »
I love the larger vehicles (republic shuttle aside) but the MTT is a big turd and just kinda hovered for a minute.  Granted the army of droids inside was pretty nifty and I'd bet they'd outfit it with maybe half of them to start things off.  I'm sure if they did make one it'd follow that formula and be some kind of wonky playset and I guess that would be okay because other than the droid storage it really didn't/doesn't have much going for it.

Perhaps we'll see a few *hints* in the toon ?

Yeah, a PAC type craft could turn out well in whatever passes for the starfighter assortment these days, but it could use a boost from the 'toon to give it a lot more recognition than it has now. 

I never once noticed the things watching TPM:

Nor RotS:

They only came to my own attention when lego made this excellent set last year:

Although, I guess they also had an earlier go at it during the E1 era:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1406 on: September 29, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Yeah they were like Higgins Boats in ROTS...  Blink and you miss it in TPM, but I could see it happening.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 29, 2011, 05:43 PM »
This one too...I rather like the turd personally, twas a fun build and displays nicely (at least when I had it displayed)   :)

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Don't they have the MTT deploying droidekas in a deleted scene from TPM?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1409 on: October 22, 2011, 01:26 AM »
So this was dropped on us today (I wasn't home, so apologies)...

Hello -

Thank you for your continued participation in Hasbro's Star Wars Q&A program. Hasbro understands that you've been waiting patiently for your outlet's responses from the team for this last round of the Q&A dating back to September 16, and it's appreciated. Following Hasbro's fun and exciting debut at New York Comic Con this past weekend, which included a successful Hasbro Star Wars panel, the team has decided to forgo the current Q&A round and focus on the next round.

Hasbro apologizes for the last-minute notification and hopes that you'll submit questions for the next round.

Late was bad enough...  Now you just basically are saying, "piss on it"?

I've enjoyed the Q&A process, but at this stage it's maybe a bit worn out.  Our questions really didn't get obstructed by what was revealed at NYCC since we knew that show was coming up.   We specifically tried avoiding it as a topic.  Now those questions will go unanswered for, well, really no good reason other than they just didn't feel like it.  :-\