Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305083 times)

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #15 on: June 9, 2006, 07:02 PM »
That VOTC Stormtrooper question was mine, by the way. It was cool to see it answered, even if it was not the answer I wanted.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 07:03 PM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 9, 2006, 07:42 PM »
And a few more Hasbro answers posted by Jedi Temple Archives:

Highlights:

- The UGH figures will not be rereleased.

That's a relief, but it doesn't answer the question as to if there will be another UGH "wave"
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2006, 08:19 PM »
I want more animated figures from the Clone Wars, not realistic.  :-[

I was pretty disappointed with that response.  Even though these figs are essentially statues they are attractive to collectors.  I was hoping for at least the Padme snowsuit but really looking forward to another dozen figs or so (young Anakin, Qui-Gon, R2, 3PO, Palpatine, Obi Clone Armor, Battle Droid and a couple Jedi).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2006, 09:21 PM »
The VTSC question was mine (it was a no brainer of course).  I'm thrilled that they confirmed that they're looking at doing more of these.  I just hope that it's not one wave for the whole year.  Obviously they aren't going to do a wave every other month, but one for the first half of the year and one during the second half of the year would be good IMO.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I'm ok without a VOTC Stormtrooper released, provided they just pack it on a regular card, like the SAGA2 Sandtrooper.  No reason on earth they can't do that...

Also, as for the Clone Wars figures, I'm so happy (no offense to you animated fans) that they are going to make them realistic movie style.  Besides, the animated ones (other than Clones and Yoda) all seemed to end up on clearance, including the 3-pks.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 02:33 AM »
"In a movie year, Evolutions was a way for us to include figures with premium articulation in our line. This year, we're doing more of this style figure in the basic assortment, so we did not see the need for a separate line"

Huh?  The basic ROTS figure had more articulation than a basic TSC figure.  Just goes to show that either they don't know what they're talking about, or they just don't get it...

Holy hell thank you Steve for that...

Ever since I read that answer, it's stuck in my head that it's either completely uninformed or it's completely full of BS.  I couldn't believe I was reading what I was with that one...

There hasn't been ONE figure in 2006's basic line that matched many of the 2005 basic figures.  Well there was one...  The Utapau Trooper, who is a 2005 figure painted differently.  I found their answer on the Evolutions sets comical then.

Evolutions figures were bordering on perfection, and easily rivaled the Vintage Collections of figures in terms of quality...  Nothing in 2006 has come close.  Even what Hasbro has done "well" hasn't come close to that (AT-AT Driver, Firespeeder Pilot)...  I honestly don't see what they meant with this because it's not true at all, so I'm a bit disappointed with that.

Put me on the list of people who loathes animated figures too...  Well that's maybe harsh to say, but for me I prefer realistic sculpts for figures that mix well with the basic line.  To me the animated line was just another example of Hasbro putting out too many lines...  The Cartoon was cool to me but not cool enough that I wanted its own toy line based on it ine very detail...  If they do CW figures, I want realistic ones that fit seamlessly with the basic line.  That's me though, I'm sure people liked the animated figures, I'm just glad they lean towards realistic sculpts now. 

And last, put me down as hugely disappointed in no VOTC Stormie re-release however I agree that putting him onto basic cards somehow is fine...  Their reply could've just meant he isn't coming out on the VOTC cardback again and all that, as he is obviously being used for the Sandie...  I just hope that's their basic Stormie they offer us sometime in the figure in the BASIC line.  That's just even better of course.  That was a sort of foggy question and answer really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 03:04 AM »
The VTSC Han,Luke & Scout are about the same as ROTS'.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 03:19 AM »
Yes, but they aren't TSC Basic figures. Like Jesse said, the only figures who even come CLOSE to having ROTS quality articulation are Sun Fac, Sora Bulq, Leia Boussh, AT-AT Driver, and the Firespeeder Pilot.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 03:27 AM »
The VTSC Han,Luke & Scout are about the same as ROTS'.

All the VTSC is but that wasn't what they meant. The said the basic line, meaning TSC only. VTSC is a seperate line.

Edit: Diddly beat me to it. :)

So one should call Hasbro out on this one in the next Q&A, I have to say I'm severely disapointed in this answer as well. It is crap like this that made DoctorPadawan's thread so damn funny. His responses were exactly like the BS answer we got from them here.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:28 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 12:53 PM »
3.  What are the chances of one more Animated Clone Wars Wave (or box set)?  We still need to get C-3PO, R2-D2, Padme (Ilum Snow Gear), and Darth Sidious to round out our sets!

** Characters in Clone Wars are great - and we're looking at ways of getting more of them in the line for 2007.  However any we do will be in "realistic" styling rather than animated.  We’ve done some polling with fans, and overall the realistic style is preferred.

Great news!  Sounds like I'll finally be getting the "realistic" Clone Wars R2-D2 that I've always wanted!  Thanks, Hasbro!   :-*
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:53 PM by Grandma Tarkin »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 03:22 PM »
And last, put me down as hugely disappointed in no VOTC Stormie re-release however I agree that putting him onto basic cards somehow is fine...  Their reply could've just meant he isn't coming out on the VOTC cardback again and all that, as he is obviously being used for the Sandie...  I just hope that's their basic Stormie they offer us sometime in the figure in the BASIC line.  That's just even better of course.  That was a sort of foggy question and answer really.

I did not think my question would have been chosen. Otherwise, I would have put some more thought into it.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 07:52 PM »
I didn't like their responses to any of them. Not like I didn't like the info they provided, just that they were stupid, short ansmwers- over half of them were the same response. They also sounded like noobs, too.

Idiots.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 08:39 PM »
The more I think about it, this whole Hasbro Q & A thing is just a waste of time.  It's not going to help the collecting community and is just a weak attempt by Hasbro to look like they are paying more attention to collectors.

:)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Well said, CHEWIE. Exactly how I feel.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Maybe we should just ask really, really  open ended questions like "Are there any new Star Wars figures coming out in the fall of 2007?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com