Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305092 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« on: June 9, 2006, 02:41 PM »
The first installment of Hasbro's new weekly QnA is due to be posted on their website today!

As a preview, listed below are the questions that we (The JD Staff) submitted last Friday, along with the answers from Hasbro! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Are you planning to do more of the Evolutions Sets?  If so, when?  If not, why?  They seemed to sell very well and were popular with both kids and collectors alike - we'd love to see more!

** In a movie year, Evolutions was a way for us to include figures with premium articulation in our line. This year, we're doing more of this style figure in the basic assortment, so we did not see the need for a separate line.

2.  Are you planning any more of the Vintage/Premium Figures?  If so, when?

** Not in 2006, but we're looking at the potential for another wave for 2007.

3.  What are the chances of one more Animated Clone Wars Wave (or box set)?  We still need to get C-3PO, R2-D2, Padme (Ilum Snow Gear), and Darth Sidious to round out our sets!

** Characters in Clone Wars are great - and we're looking at ways of getting more of them in the line for 2007.  However any we do will be in "realistic" styling rather than animated.  We’ve done some polling with fans, and overall the realistic style is preferred.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to ask Hasbro a question, you can find all the details on how to do that HERE!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Just as I suspected pretty ho hum answers IMO.  Probably the cheesiest aspect is that only 3 questions get answered.  Lame :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2006, 03:07 PM »
I'm surprised the non-animated versions are preferred, I'd have thought otherwise.  Thanks for the post Jeff.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Nice to see a few answers, thanks for posting Jeff.  I don't expect any "ground breaking" announcements or answers through this Q and A, but its better than nothing.  Curious that there aren't any more "vintage figures" planned for 2006, I wonder if the rumored VTSC2 wave is on hold until next year - or maybe Hasbro's just being sneaky :).

Edit - Just thinking about this a little more, and depending on the shipping times for the Endor/Naboo stuff, you would almost have to think there is something else in store as far as basic figures for this year.  Although I haven't seen them here yet, the Tatooine wave is becoming more visible the way it sounds, leaving just two more waves of figures announced.  Also, with Hasbro saying that the Naboo/Endor hybrid wave is the "last for the Saga Collection in 2006", coupled with the Q and A response saying that there isn't any more VTSC for 2006 - the later half of the year seems a little light on the figures.  Especially considering all the vehicles that are likely coming in the fall/later:

Endor AT-AT (TRU)
Dagobah X-Wing (TRU)
Vader Starfighter
Mace Windu Starfighter
Hailfire/AAT/etc. repacks
Snowspeeder (rumored Target)
Imp. Shuttle (rumored Target)

That's a lot of vehicles off the top of my head, and a lot of them are larger vehicles - seems strange not to have any figures on the shelves alongside them (aside from Heroes and Villains repacks).  Maybe the rumors of OTC2 are true, or something else entirely.  I was really looking forward to that rumored wave of VTSC2, hopefully we'll still see those this year.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 03:35 PM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2006, 03:52 PM »
A few more Hasbro answers posted by Toy News International:

Highlights:

- There has been a lot of discussion internally on playsets, but Hasbro continues to see diminished demand for playsets.

- Hasbro will re-release a selection of classic Unleashed figures in the fall with four exclusive figures - two figures at Wal-mart and two figures at Target - in an all-new tube-style packaging.

And a few more Hasbro answers posted by Rebelscum:

Highlights:

- There are a lot of great characters created in the EU and Hasbro plans to include some of these for 2007.

- Hasbro holds the Star Wars license through 2018 and hopes basic figures will continue at least through then.

- The 501st San Diego Comic Con figures will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.

- No plans for a large-scale subscription service for basic figures at this time.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I want more animated figures from the Clone Wars, not realistic.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2006, 04:20 PM »
And a few more Hasbro answers posted by SirStevesGuide:

Highlights:

Er... none.   :P

They asked the same Vintage figure question (see our answer), the same EU figures question (see RS's answer), and the same modular playset question (see TNI's answers).  

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Great news about the EU figures, i hope we get alot  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2006, 04:25 PM »
And a few more Hasbro answers posted by ActionFigs:

Highlights:

- Hasbro understands that beast/creature assortments are desirable, but at this time it appears that new vehicle assortments are in higher demand. Vehicles will play an integral part in future line releases.

- With regards to case ratios, Hasbro is constantly updating them to the needs of our total audience - both kids and collectors.  In other words, you're stuck with what they give you.   :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Thanks for pulling these all together in this thread Jeff, that really makes things convenient.  It looks like many of the sites are asking the same types of questions, but its nice to get some information - new or not - about the line and its future.  The beast assortment is something I've often wondered about too - things like the Rancor, Bantha, Dewback, Ronto, etc. haven't been around in a long time - not to mention "smaller" ones like the Taun Tauns.  I know I'd buy a repacked Bantha if they put it out there :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2006, 04:38 PM »
And a few more Hasbro answers posted by Jedi Temple Archives:

Highlights:

- The UGH figures will not be rereleased.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: June 9, 2006, 06:05 PM »
It would be nice if there was some sort of centralized location to keep track of all the different questions and "answers," to avoid as much repetition as possible.  Ideally, it would be Hasbro's own site, but I guess they're trying to support all of the different sites or something.  (Why are they doing this, anyway?  For a company that's barely given the internet fans the time of day over the years, it sure seems like a lot of trouble for them to go to.  Not that I'm complaining, really--just think it's odd, given their history.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause it probably won't last for long.)

Anyway, I know there won't be a lot of repetition around here, 'cause we're good like that, but that's not gonna stop some lazy jerkoff at Dumbtroopers.com or wherever from sending in a bunch of questions that the other sites asked weeks ago. . .

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: June 9, 2006, 06:32 PM »
"In a movie year, Evolutions was a way for us to include figures with premium articulation in our line. This year, we're doing more of this style figure in the basic assortment, so we did not see the need for a separate line"

Huh?  The basic ROTS figure had more articulation than a basic TSC figure.  Just goes to show that either they don't know what they're talking about, or they just don't get it...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 9, 2006, 06:44 PM »
And a few more Hasbro answers posted by Yakface:

Highlights:

- currently only shipping the black suited Clone Pilot in the H&V waves.

- No plans for the Ultra Titanium version of Padme's Episode I Royal Starship, Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, or the Invisible Hand in 2006

- no plans for a VOTC Stormtrooper re-release

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 9, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Thanks for compiling all this info, Jeff. All these answers are exactly what I expected, more of the same stuff Hasbro always says when asked questions.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks