Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305109 times)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 09:48 PM »
I could not believe I read
This year, we're doing more of this style figure in the basic assortment, so we did not see the need for a separate line.

I couldn't wait to find somewhere to reply, but Jesse put it better than I could.   I'd like to see Hasbro try this in front of collectors who could yell out BS when they hear it.   I checked about 4 sites and didn't find one answer that really interested me ... well, I think Yakface had a question about "VOTC Stormtrooper without dirt", which they commented was a great idea, but no current plans and one on modular playsets, to which they replied
There has been a lot of discussion internally on whether this could be successful in today's market. However, we continue to see diminished demand for playsets. If we ever see the landscape changing, It's something we could take a look at in the future.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Maybe we should just ask really, really  open ended questions like "Are there any new Star Wars figures coming out in the fall of 2007?

Or how about, based on your figures from 2006, it appears that articulation is something you don't consider important to kids or collectors....  Is that an accurate assumption?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006, 10:42 PM »

Or how about, based on your figures from 2006, it appears that articulation is something you don't consider important to kids or collectors....  Is that an accurate assumption?

I would like to see each site ask them that.

:)

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2006, 10:44 PM »
More "no's" then "yes's".  Hmmmm, sounds like the capital one credit card commercial with David Spade.  I have to agree with most of you: disappointed, waste of time, kick in the b****.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 10:54 PM »
I didn't like their responses to any of them. Not like I didn't like the info they provided, just that they were stupid, short ansmwers- over half of them were the same response. They also sounded like noobs, too.

Idiots.

Tell us how you really feel.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 12:06 AM »
The more I think about it, this whole Hasbro Q & A thing is just a waste of time. 

Hey, I was surprised to see the bastion of positivity say something like this...

If anything, I thought you'd be glad that of the 10 sites or so I've seen post questions/answers, about half all asked about playsets in some form or another.

Sure, the Hasbro asnwer was "not at this time", but maybe if people constantly bring up playsets when QnAs like this take place, Hasbro will finally notice?

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 01:21 AM »
Well I am pretty positive most of the time, but I really think that after what we've seen from them for 11 years now, they just don't have the interest to make the playsets/large vehicles many of us want.  They have their reasons, which is fine.  They also had reasons why they had been slowly killing the 12" line, and they sold it to Sideshow.  I'd rather see a place like Sideshow get a Sail Barge opportunity, or a shot at a Death Star is all. 

I'm not dissing any site or anyone for trying, I'm dissing Hasbro for giving us the shaft with the vehicles/playsets, and then pretenting like it's "new news" to them that people want them made.  They've known we want them for years.  Constantly bringing it up is a good idea, but I think it should be asked for them to please allow Sideshow do some of these, or maybe even Gentle Giant.  Companies with collectors in mind, and you seem to get what you pay for with more expensive items though them.

Could you imagine Gentle Giant making a Mustafar Playset; what kind of a difference in quality it would be?  Hasbro's version looked like a bleeding cow turd.

Even for a similar size playset, a company like Gentle Giant or Sideshow would be able to create something that at least looked realistic.  So I think it can be done, but not by Hasbro, who refuses to try and make collector oriented playsets.  And when they do try something, they half-ass it and say "playsets don't sell."

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:24 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 02:51 AM »
Agreed about the no thing,if there is juicy stuff Hasbro isn't gonna spill anything for a long time.So I'd expect alot more nos to come.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 05:49 AM »
We've done some polling with fans, and overall the realistic style is preferred.

When the **** did we get polled? I smell bull****. I gotta find Coleman at CC and bust some skulls.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 08:11 AM »
I just don't like this. It's not anything we haven't heard, it just them spouting off a bunch of BS and they didn't even bother to take the time to reword their answers differently.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Call me confused...wasn't the VOTC Stormtrooper bright white and super clean?  What do people mean by a "VOTC Stormtrooper without dirt?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:32 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 12:18 PM »
They must have been referring to how the VOTC Stormtrooper is essentially used for the SAGA2 Sandtrooper, with dirt on in (and accessories).

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Now, before people go off bashing Hasbro, think about the situation optimisticly: We now know for sure that we will see realistic Clone Wars figures, and that the VOTC/VTSC line will go even farther next year. Would you rather not find out this information until next year? I think not. Sure, it may be a load of crap, but at least we learned SOMETHING.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Now, before people go off bashing Hasbro, think about the situation optimisticly: We now know for sure that we will see realistic Clone Wars figures, and that the VOTC/VTSC line will go even farther next year. Would you rather not find out this information until next year? I think not. Sure, it may be a load of crap, but at least we learned SOMETHING.

---- I was a completely disrespectful and foolish youth----

Oh wait, you're right though...Hasbro always comes through on their Q and A announcements. I've never been boned by that company.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:28 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 02:59 PM »
No reason to start calling each other idiots, whether we're joking or not.

Anyways, it is good news I think that the Animated stuff won't be coming back... I understand that some people like those, but it seems like such a small niche.  I'd rather see the 3-3/4" line keep a realistic style...

Was the question asked, "Why doesn't Hasbro focus on the 3-3/4" line, seeing that is what sells and so much space at retail is dedicated to other Star Wars lines that everyone knew would flop (Choppers, Force Battlers, small Unleashed)?"

A question I'd like to see asked is why Hasbro went with the 2" Unleashed... if they want to go away from the 7", why not experiment with a 3-3/4" scale Unleashed, using all army builders?  Galactic Marines, Stormtroopers, Battle Droids, etc.