Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305691 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2006, 12:01 PM »
I just got our answers for this week...

ATTENTION JesseJames:

DO NOT READ THIS WEEKS ANWERS... or, at least make sure you have paramedics standing by when you do.   :-X

Do I sense a new Rebel Fleet Trooper brewing?

:)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Do I sense a new Rebel Fleet Trooper brewing?

Quite the opposite, unfortunately.   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2006, 12:05 PM »
DAMNIT!!!   :-\

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10 PM »
Hahahahaha!  I just read that on the main page and came here to see JJ's response!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I have to say that this week Hasbro's answers are my favorite.  The RFT is pretty darn good.  Which RFT is that, He-Man Fleet Trooper or swirling action one?

That ball elbow joint answer really hurt me, deep down, where it counts.  In other words, deal with it boys and girls.

So if they are not going to share info on upcoming stuff what is the point of this Q&BSA?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 04:06 PM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2006, 05:43 PM »
I feel the same way.  I was for it at first, then totally against it, then changed my mind and hoped they'd address some of the questions that I have, yet it's looking to really be a complete waste of our time, which is sad because I know a lot of people are hoping they will shed some light.

We pretty much already know the answers to most of the questions before they are even asked unfortunately.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2006, 06:08 PM »
I think the answers have been something of a mixed bag.  We've gotten some answers, but they're not crystal clear.  They're vague answers that pertain to the line in general. 

We've gotten some good answers with regard to the vehicle line.  There has been a lot of speculation as to whether or not Hasbro would ever make another new vehicle sculpt.  Thankfully we got a positive response to that, and there seems to be some buzz as a result of that.  But we got a less favorable response with regard to playsets and the articulation issues.  Predictably, the answers are related to cost and profitability.  I applaud Hasbro for being honest in this case.  They didn't give us the answers we wanted, but then again they aren't lying about things either.  Frankly I'd rather get the truth and know the reasons why than be lied to.

One thing that I think has been a bit of a trap with the Q&A's?  Character selection.  I think Hasbro is very hesitant to announce ANY characters in the line that haven't been finalized.  They did confirm the Galactic Marine, but in that case it's a figure that could be on the pegs as soon as November or December of this year, so the development process is over and it's most likely in production now.  But thinking further ahead, it seems that the Basic Figure line is much more fluid than we might think, and Hasbro is rightfully cautious to hold back that kind of info.  The Galactic Marine is probably on retail order sheets at this time so the information is already out there.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2006, 06:26 PM »
The answers to the articulation issue actually don't surprise me much...  A ball/socket joint as Hasbro does it is an injection molding process that is more complex than the simple angle-cut articulation, that's without a doubt...  The disappointment in their answer is they basically are telling you "F you" by saying they won't strive to make the line as good as it can be.  That's how I read it...  As it costs more, my sympathies go out, but at the same time we're seeing clearly an issue where Hasbro will cut corners to save themselves at the cost of the line's overall quality.  They were honest about that at least, but still that's the answer we're getting and as the consumer of this line, we really have every right in the world to cite their bull**** response as nothing but poor work on their part.

On the issue of the Rebel Fleet Trooper, it's pretty well known that Hasbro loves the smell of their own farts so are any of you surprised?  I mean, Cantina Han makes a reappearance how often even after VOTC Han's available.  The "Imperial Trooper" from the OTC line was obviously another instance where Hasbro had something better to offer but chose to do the opposite...  TIE Pilot pack-in anyone?

Obviously they feel their work is pretty flawless no matter what...  I disagree on the Fleet Trooper.  Purdy to look at sure, but poseable (the point of that question)?  Not even close.  Nowhere in the ball park of today's modern line...  For them to imply otherwise is just their usual rhetoric, but at least the point's been made to them that not everyone agrees with them.  The Fleet Trooper's unposeable arms, barely poseable legs, bent ankles, caved in chest, glued-on helmet, half-assed holster, and other flaws don't make it nearly a high quality figure to me...  But Hasbro would say "but it is a nice sculpt".  I'd say it's a fair sculpt (nice is giving it too much credit I think), but for poseability they simply aren't even in the ballpark with that one. :)  As an army builder, I think it deserves some better work from Hasbro.

But believe me, I wasn't surprised. :)  None of the Q&A's have been a huge surprise actually...  I think the biggest was maybe the Galactic Marine announcement, and that was about it.  The rest has been fairly routine.  At least the implication in the answer is new troops may be on the horizon...  They didn't discount the RFT either, and I'm sure deep down they recognize flaws when they see them, they just don't enjoy admitting to it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2006, 10:55 PM »
As is usually the case with Hasbro's half-hearted attempts to "reach out to the fan community", it's taken three weeks for it to become completely useless, rampant with the canned "We can't talk about that yet!" and "No plans at this time" answers to rather long and involved questions.  It's the equivalent of asking about a complex calculus theorum and the professor saying, "YES!  NEXT QUESTION!"  ::)

I'm exaggerating here, but it's sad that Hasbro's real Q&As lately are starting to resemble those fake ones I was involved in last fall.   :o

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #99 on: July 1, 2006, 12:56 AM »
It'd be a shame to let this little nugget of a question (and answer) from Sandpoopers to go unnoticed this weekend:

Sandpoopers sez:

What is Hasbro planning on doing to make purchasing their product more fan/collector friendly? (ST, 6/30/06)--have to be logged into their forums to read

Hasbro replies:

Can you please elaborate?

I say:

There's just so many jokes in there, I don't even know where to start.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 01:38 AM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: July 1, 2006, 01:23 AM »
I guess having SW toys at KB, KM, TRU, WM, Target...  And then at Entertainment Earth, etc...  And then stores I've never been in like those Meijers stores and stuff...  I guess that's not enough?  ???

If they're looking for Hasbro to step up to the plate themselves I don't think they've been around the last couple years while Hasbro has run their own shop then either...  They're hardly a great source nor will they ever be.

I don't know if Hasbro was being funny with their reply or serious.  They need emoticons as much as the rest of the internet community I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #101 on: July 1, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Yeah, that Sandpoopers question is a bit odd.  I think that this year, more than any other, the product has been out there and ready to buy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 1, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Yeah, that Sandpoopers question is a bit odd.  I think that this year, more than any other, the product has been out there and ready to buy.

Well, consider the source of the question  ;D .  Hasbro has actually done a lot to get product out.  Between the presence at retail plus online stores INCLUDING Hasbro's own online store, this seems like something of a wasted question.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 1, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Not these guys: Boba Fett,AT-AT Driver,Scorch,Utapua Clone,Cody,Firespeeder Pilot & Sandtrooper.Well,from what I hear & my life. :-\
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 03:23 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: July 1, 2006, 03:53 PM »
I guess having SW toys at KB, KM, TRU, WM, Target...  And then at Entertainment Earth, etc...  And then stores I've never been in like those Meijers stores and stuff...  I guess that's not enough?  ???

I dunno. . .  I think there oughta be a Hasbro Rep employed at all of those stores who pops up from under the counter and gives me a hummer whenever I buy, say thirty-dollars worth of Hasbro Star Wars product.

Now that would be collector-friendly.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."