Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305708 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Y'know what would be a wierd idea? Put a properly scaled speederbike on a regular card and count it as a "figure." It would be odd, but it would sell like mad.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:45 AM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Sandtroopers asked another good one this week:

What details can you tell us about the planned television series - which known and unknown characters will be in it?

We won't be able to talk about the series for a long time yet, and then we'll let Lucasfilm lead the charge with news.

---

Asking Hasbro--who won't even confirm their own products that are more than a few months out--to announce a bunch of stuff that Lucasfilm hasn't even announced yet. 

That is comedy gold, folks.

What's next?  Asking them how the final Harry Potter book ends?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2006, 10:59 PM »
I got a sneak-peek...

They're going to ask who will win the Superbowl in 2009.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Although I do enjoy reading the Q and A each week, I'm starting to wonder how accurate things are.  I'd have to look back at the exact question, but didn't at some point Hasbro say that the BARC trooper "wouldn't be in the foreseeable future" - and now it has been announced to be coming this year.  Biker Scout/BARC differences aside, we're still getting a figure based on that character.  I think there are other examples of this, but its just interesting that they say "not in the foreseeable future" mere weeks before they are officially announced :).

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2006, 10:53 AM »
There was a question just a couple weeks ago about if there would be any more Republic Commando figures, which Hasbro flat-out answered "No."  End of story. 

And then, a few days later, there they were in San Diego.

They'll give an answer like that, and then there have been plenty of other vague, "wait for ComicCon"-type answers, which were then never addressed at ComicCon.

Just goes to show that you can't put a whole lot of stock in much of what they're saying most of the time.

They did reveal this week, though, that a moisture vaporator accessory would soon be available. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2006, 02:24 PM »
They did reveal this week, though, that a moisture vaporator accessory would soon be available. . .

Maybe they should use it to dry off the piss in their brains ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2006, 02:27 PM »
HA!  Where did they mention the moisture vaporator? (Which site?)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08 PM »
It's literally been years since they last tried to have any kind of an open back-and-forth with the online collecting community (anyone else remember Jen@Hasbro?  No?  Well, that's how long it's been.)

I was curious about how the current Q & A's compared to the old ones with Jen@Hasbro, just in terms of how things have changed since then (and how some things have stayed the same), so I did some digging around and found a couple of them.  They're kind of interesting to read, so I thought I'd link 'em here.

Report from chat with Jen and Steve Sansweet, February 1998
Interview with Hunter's Guild (Mark from Rebelscum), July 1998
Rebelscum chat transcript, July 1998
Interview with Hunter's Guild, November 1998
Q & A with Rebelscum, late 2000

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2006, 02:13 AM »
I got a sneak-peek...

They're going to ask who will win the Superbowl in 2009.

Oh good, that was on my mind too...  :)  I hope they start getting Car Comparison questions in too because I've been looking at a couple sedans but just not sure which way to go...  Hasbro, can you help?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2006, 12:16 PM »
What's next?  Asking them how the final Harry Potter book ends?

Hermione dies.  :P

Matt, since I'm too lazy to look, do you have (or even remember) the one panel that Jen was at where she said, "We don't care what fans want!"?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: August 4, 2006, 07:38 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 7/28 has been posted.

Willrow!   :o

We're holding you to that answer Hasbro!  ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #146 on: August 4, 2006, 09:13 PM »
Sandtroopers was pretty dishonest to their community a while back, failing to deliver their questions to Hasbro - blaming it on Hasbro for not answering questions when it was THEIR fault for not sending the questions in time, in the first place... When they finally did get some questions sent away, it was **** like this...

"What is Hasbro planning on doing to make purchasing their product more fan/collector friendly?"

Anyway…

“We WILL do Willrow eventually”

This is awesome news.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 6, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Okay, it's reasonable for Hasbro to replace the holos with the coins in '07, but did they really need to replace the holos and the stands for the coins in '07? This makes me upset, because the stands are great. They are mostly what separates the TSC from any other line. I really wish that there are still going to be SOME sort of stands in the 30AC...

:(
« Last Edit: August 6, 2006, 04:37 PM by Roton7 »
Yo is what yo is.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 7, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Pawlus had a good point about coins - it usually leads to the end of a line.  Let's hope that we don't see the same thing happen next year that the old folks will remember from the original POTF days.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: August 9, 2006, 04:34 AM »
I'd like the dropping of stands, coins, holos or anything else for just simply BETTER figures.  Using the pack-in as a sale gimmick is pretty unproven in anything but the fast food world...  I don't know why Hasbro insists on continuing with it at all but whatever...  All I know is the kids I buy for have them sitting in a junk drawer because they're, and I quote, "dumb and pointless".

Yes Hasbro, keep reigning in those kids with your clever marketing...  It's hitting home guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77