Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305780 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2007, 04:59 PM »
The Emperor's head is surprising... maybe we'll get it in a battle pack like someone mentioned... with something like this -

Throw in Vader, Piett, and a few Imperial army builders and you have a nice set for a $50 Target exclusive next year.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Will they use the "new" 2004 DVD Ian McDiarmid head or the original?  Whichever is picked there is sure to be some arguing about that.  I am interested to see what they come up with for the head. 

Lucasfilm Licensing would probably direct them to use the McDiarmid head.  They have final approval on pretty much anything that's licensed, and they would no doubt take GL's stance that the Emporer should look like he does in the current incarnation of TESB.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Will they use the "new" 2004 DVD Ian McDiarmid head or the original?  Whichever is picked there is sure to be some arguing about that.  I am interested to see what they come up with for the head. 

Have people argued about inserting McDiarmid's head? I can see them fussing about the changed dialogue, but the head and voice seemed pretty logical.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2007, 02:46 PM »
I dunno, if they do give us the Emperor's head then I think Hasbro would give us something like this:

but with a picture of Palpy's face on it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 27, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Ek!  Let's hope not!   ;D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 28, 2007, 07:49 AM »

Have people argued about inserting McDiarmid's head? I can see them fussing about the changed dialogue, but the head and voice seemed pretty logical.

No, I was just joking around. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #681 on: December 28, 2007, 06:29 PM »
"2. Will we be seeing Guri (Shadows of the Empire) in the new comic packs?

Answer: Not yet. We have only one SotE pack lined up for 2008/2009 with some of the more compelling characters. She is a very interesting character, though, and has appeared in a lot of other sources so her popularity among fans is pretty decent and is in her favor. We would not rule her out for "some day," but not in the near term."

Not amazing news, but good enough. At least they are considering making her. My guess (and hope since i dont think we will be getting new characters) is for the comic pack to have all new updated figures of Dash Rendar and Xizor
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Watch one of the figures be a repacked Bousch Leia.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #683 on: December 28, 2007, 07:11 PM »
My guess (and hope since i dont think we will be getting new characters) is for the comic pack to have all new updated figures of Dash Rendar and Xizor

If you remember back to November, the Comic Pack rumor list that popped up said that 2008 Wave 2 had a Princess Leia & Prince Xixor set planned.

Wave 2
Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde
Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta
Princess Leia and Prince Xizor
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 29, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Well they probably think they have to get out a main character someway.  To bad it is not Guri and Prince Xizor.  Oh well it's not.  From that SOTE I would not mind Guri and Big Gizz (think that was his name). 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #685 on: December 29, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I forgot about that. I would have preferred an Updated Dash than Leia.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 29, 2007, 01:05 PM »
I haven't looked at the SOTE Comics lately, how does Leia appear before she gets the Boushh disguise? Like when she first meets up with Xizor.

Considering that they have released this figure 2 times in as many years, I would really hope that they plan on giving us something new for Leia.

I am also excited to see an updated Xizor, but like the rest of you, I would have preferred a Guri figure or an updated Dash Rendar to Leia.

Perhaps they plan on eventually hitting all six of the SOTE comics eventually - I wouldn't mind seeing a 2-pack of Dash Rendar and his droid Leebo.

There were some great designs and characters in SOTE, I would love to see them do something like this:

Issue 1: Luke Skywalker w/Tan Vest (easy mod to TAC Luke) & Jix
Issue 2: Boba Fett (ESB colors of VOTC figure) & Furlag
Issue 3: Big Gizz & Spiker
Issue 4: Chewie in Snoova Disguise (mod of VOTC/EBK figure w/new head & removeable armor) & Guri
Issue 5: Dash Rendar (SA & all new) & Leebo
Issue 6: Leia & Xizor (SA & all new)

There are some other characters that could easily be swapped in as well: Lando or Luke in Coruscant Guard armor or just a regular SA Coruscant Guard, Skahtul, Howzmin, etc...

Too bad they didn't have the comic 2-packs in 2006, that would have been the ideal time to release them all in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the project.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #687 on: January 18, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Not a terrible answer from Hasbro. (RS question)

Okay, more words: While we love Clones, Jedi, Droids, multiple versions of Vader/Anakin/Obi-Wan/Luke/Yoda, how about some more female figures? Not just Leia or Padmé, either! There's a lot of females in the Star Wars saga who never seem to get their day. Any chances we will see someone like Aunt Beru, Toryn Farr, or dare we say it?---Yarna?

Hasbro: Yes! A few more females are on the way, with at least one of your list seeing shelves in 2008, and at least one more planned (but subject to change) for 2009.

I don't think i am lucky enough for Yarna to be the 2008 figure but i think she is the subject to change for 2009. At this point I'll take it. I am guessing Toryn Farr is this years female figure over Beru.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 18, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Yeah, Toryyn Farr seems really likely. Although I'd prefer Yarna over her by far.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 18, 2008, 10:00 PM »
That's good news! 2 of the 3 mentioned female are on Hasbro's radar for 08 & 09. I would take all three, but I wonder how they'll do it? I would hope relevance in the overall story would put Beru in there, but after that who's more relevant, Yarna or Toryn?  :-\

Just make em all.