Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305772 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #750 on: April 2, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Perhaps for the Ep1 figures they will reproduce the red cardbacks!!!  Just joking.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 2, 2008, 12:23 PM »
I am actually in favor of reproducing the Episode I cardbacks. Whereas I was but 9 when that line was released, I do have a certain nostalgia for it.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #752 on: April 4, 2008, 08:29 PM »
the latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- Battle of Mygeeto in April/May, Hoth Speeder Bikes in July.
- No Clone Wars Wave 2 hints yet...
- SDCC Muggs revealed!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #753 on: April 25, 2008, 09:31 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- Time for a new Fan Choice Poll?
- 2008 "First Day of Issue" Promotion details.
- Indy, the Ark, and the Staff of Ra...

Also, another note from Hasbro...  look for Q&A summaries to start appearing at Hasbro's site:

Star Wars Q&A on StarWars.Hasbro.com:
As part of our efforts to continue to make starwars.hasbro.com an informational destination and to get the best information out there for collectors, we are plannning to repost the entire Q&A to starwars.hasbro.com one week after we have distributed responses back to collector sites, as a cross-web archive. We think this will give sites ample time to break any Q&A news to their own fans, and, at the same time, give more casual fans coming to starwars.hasbro.com exposure to all of the sites asking questions so they can visit those communities if they choose.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #754 on: April 25, 2008, 10:26 PM »
I didn't realize Belloq had the staff of Ra?  I thought he had something else?  Eh, that's cool then I guess but I really hoped for a decent maproom floor piece to put it into like the vintage piece.

Nice to hear more figures from the top 25 coming too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #755 on: April 25, 2008, 10:47 PM »
I didn't realize Belloq had the staff of Ra?  I thought he had something else? 

Yeah, that one confused me... I thought he had an oversized club/staff thingy that certainly isn't the Staff of Ra.

Maybe it's packed in the bottom of the bubble or maybe they just got confused?   :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #756 on: April 26, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Yeah, he had some ram's head-lookin' thing or something, I'm not quite sure what it was supposed to be exactly.  Defintely wasn't the Staff of Ra, though.

So they're either confused or just plain lazy.  I'd say it warrants a clarification, myself.  ;)

That Deluxe set is just weird.  The Ark would be outstanding, but the lack of rings and poles kills it for me.  And the Indy is missing stuff, and he wasn't in that outfit with the Ark, anyway.  That set just seems like a rush job to me.

I bet, before the line's through, we'll get a single-carded Map Room Indy, with all his stuff (or maybe in with a Map Room Deluxe/Playset/Cardboard/Battle Pack thing) and I bet we'll get a retooled Ark, most likely in a Well of the Souls Battle Pack or Playset of some kind.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #757 on: May 9, 2008, 08:51 PM »

- We should see the Force Unleashed Rancor any day now...
- A disturbance at the Lars? (this was asked before the pic popped up this week...  :-\)
- No Rebel Pilots Legacy #2 pics yet...  :(

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 9, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Great news about fixing the color on the B-Winger.  I'd have hated to get a purple jumpsuit...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #759 on: May 10, 2008, 01:30 AM »
I'd like to see this image of Keyan Farlander as a B-Winger...  The closest thing I can think of is a grainy cut-scene with Luke Skywalker from the B-Wing expansion pack to the original X-Wing PC game.  However, you don't see the guy's face at all and I don't recall you seeing much of his back even.  You mostly see Luke.

Keyan's only image is from a sketch, I believe from an old Star Wars Gamer issue.

EDIT:

By the way I forgot to reply about the Belloq staff...  It's a P.A.G.A.N. staff!

People
Against
Goodness
And
Normalcy

***dances around in goat leggings***
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:32 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #760 on: May 13, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Matt posted the Q&A compendium and I noticed a number of things being talked about in the Q&A's that didn't get much discussion.  Namely the confirmation of an SA Imperial Officer coming down the pike, which is outstanding.  A "vintage" Death Star Trooper as well?  Death Squad Commander perhaps?  Yes. :)

I also noticed some of the same old same old in the Q&A, but I thought there were some gems in there.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 14, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I noticed that too while reading through the compendium yesterday, and I agree Jesse, its great news.  Some brand new, "ultimate" Imperials are definitely welcome - and the comment about the Death Star Trooper makes a return to the vintage line seem possible (which sounded unlikely for a bit there).  I'm really hoping we'll see another VTSC lineup next year now.  I know that we see the same quality in the basic line (for a lower price) more often now, but something about those vintage cards just continues to make them so appealing.  I wouldn't mind seeing at least another wave or two, if possible.

I also noticed they said something about having 18 build-a-droids planned out to the end of 2009.  I'm guessing that includes this year as well, so that gives us an idea maybe of the lineups for next year.  There was some nice confirmations in the Q and A's again this week, but not a lot of talk about them really.  I believe they mentioned one of the figures slotted for this year's repaint wave as well (Coruscant gray Clone), which seems like a good choice.

Yes indeed, we can confirm that as SA version of the gray-deco Coruscant Landing Platform figure will be coming in a redeco wave later this year.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2008, 07:20 PM »

- Will there be a 5th Black Pauldron Sandtrooper?
- An idea for "Droids" and "Ewoks" figures...
- A Wal-Mart A-Wing update...

(sorry for the delay, I was out having holiday weekend fun yesterday...)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Thanks for getting the Black Pauldron Sandtrooper question answered. Sadly, their reply makes perfect sense to me.  >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Not too happy with the Droids and Ewoks answer. I dont know how much they are considering doing some of these characters. I wonder if these would end up in comic packs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"