Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305680 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1065 on: November 19, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I somehow get the feeling since the "EU wave" is the last of the Legacy/Build a Droid collection, we're going to see another long dry spell in the "realistic/movie" line of figures.  I'm expecting there is going to be a cardback/line change following the EU wave, and there always seems to be a bit of a drag while they are trying to get previous waves off the pegs.  Then there is always that "last wave syndrome" we see as well.  Although I know a number of the figures in the EU wave are much requested (and I hope to pick up some if not all of them as well), I guess I'd rather that be the tougher wave to find than something like the ESB wave prior to it.  I just hope we don't have another 4-6 months with next to nothing, then a 6 wave extravaganza in two months at the end of 2010.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1066 on: November 19, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I just hope we don't have another 4-6 months with next to nothing, then a 6 wave extravaganza in two months at the end of 2010.

You said it. I think that will be unavoidable as we should have seen 2010 wave 2 by now or at least know the wave. I expect not to see that 2nd wave on shelf until late March/April if that. We should at the very least see some leaks in the next 3 weeks.

I am expecting another drought for sure. I hope they at least not have it as bad as this years.
(I really like this entire wave and hope it ships this year I have two case of it on order from BBTS.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1067 on: November 19, 2009, 12:22 PM »
I expect not to see that 2nd wave on shelf until late March/April if that.

More and more it is sounding like the ESB wave will hit Dec/Jan'10 and the EU Wave will be Jan/Feb'10 and then.... nothing until July'10 when the new line look debuts.  A lot like 2008 where we got the TFU wave in Feb/March and then had no basic figures until the July Legacy/CW launch. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 19, 2009, 02:07 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.  I really hope not, but it wouldn't be surprising if we had that long of a wait.  I just wish they could get it figured out to have a wave every other month or so instead of this wonky pattern we've had the last couple years.  We've discussed it to all ends already I know, but these types of years (so back heavy) are really tough for me (and others) to keep up with I think.  Sure, I should just save up on those "off" months, but it never seems to work out that way :).  Hopefully we'll get a big unveiling of the new line at Toy Fair, since we keep getting all these "we have big things planned for collectors" and "we have big plans for the anniversary of ESB" comments from Hasbro.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 19, 2009, 02:16 PM »
I'm afraid of that too.  Hasbro has to realize that sort of strategy hurts the line.  Little product for several months, then overload.  It's getting tiresome.  They should be able to do better than that.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1070 on: November 19, 2009, 02:23 PM »
More and more it is sounding like the ESB wave will hit Dec/Jan'10 and the EU Wave will be Jan/Feb'10 and then.... nothing until July'10 when the new line look debuts.  A lot like 2008 where we got the TFU wave in Feb/March and then had no basic figures until the July Legacy/CW launch.  

The only reason I stated what I did is that the ESB wave is trickling in CA now so by months ends as long as sales are brisk we should see it this month. The EU wave should be on for next month. That will really suck if there are no new figures Jan-July for the mainline. Hasbro usually has a new wave hitting at TF time in Feb but if there is a package change it could very well be that long. Who knows anymore you can no longer take their word for it as they seem to change their statements every 2 weeks.

The glut runs are too expensive for most collectors that's where they will see more of a drop off should it continue.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1071 on: November 19, 2009, 02:24 PM »
I'm afraid of that too.  Hasbro has to realize that sort of strategy hurts the line.  Little product for several months, then overload.  It's getting tiresome.  They should be able to do better than that.

In a perfect world yes, but as my friend Jeff said recently, when that is coupled with factory production problems, high raw material cost, extensive product safety testing, customs delays and the overall state of the economy where stores buy/order/stock less, it culminated in a perfect storm that was 2008-09 Star Wars collecting.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:24 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1072 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29 PM »

In a perfect world yes, but as my friend Jeff said recently, when that is coupled with factory production problems, high raw material cost, extensive product safety testing, customs delays and the overall state of the economy where stores buy/order/stock less, it culminated in a perfect storm that was 2008-09 Star Wars collecting.

That is all very true and understandable but there was/is also some big ball drops by Hasbro. Some of this was very avoidable.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 20, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Don't throw tomatoes, but like having breaks. I don't think it's going to happen like you guys are saying, but if it did, I'd enjoy it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1074 on: November 21, 2009, 01:15 AM »
I like breaks when we're deluged like we have been lately (and it's not even really a deluge, I just lucked into a lot of the stuff I found actually).  In a normal distribution scenario like 2007's line-up though, breaks kind of suck.  :-\

Then again breaks also kind of mean things are a mess to begin with... I'd rather the steady and seemingly less inexpensive stream I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1075 on: December 10, 2009, 04:09 PM »
The latest round of Q&A have been posted...

-What happened to the film-accurate deco on the Evolutions Jango?

-How about the possibility of resculpting dancers like Oola, or band guys like the Max Rebo guys or Cantina Bith?

-Have you exhausted a certain film to the point you're not going back to it anytime soon?

The answers to all this, and some extra info too, awaits you if you Read the Q&A!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1076 on: December 10, 2009, 04:26 PM »
The mixed film waves starting spring 2011 was a very insightful answer. One of the most I ever read in a Q&A. I am nor sure how I feel about that, but I can understand the logic. I hope they split it up to OT or PT waves. Instead of a dash of every film in each wave.

I hope Han Bespin gets out before then, he is my most wanted.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1077 on: December 10, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Sounds like a major drought is coming (Answer from Jedi Temple news)

A. The EU wave that was shown at Comic Con will be the last of the red/white Legacy series for Spring 2010. The Legacy-type basic figure line scheduled to launch next Fall will follow a wave theme to ensure that each movie gets one focused wave, then we will change to a non-wave based system. The way it looks currently, there will be Fall 2010 waves for EpII, III, V, and VI (not in that order) with EpI and IV getting waves at the beginning of 2011.

It's going to be a long summer again........

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 10, 2009, 07:44 PM »
I think we'll see something similar to this past spring.  We're probably likely to see some more Clone Wars, plus battle packs and comic packs.  But it does look like it's going to be a quiet spring.

didn't they mention something (it might have been at Han's Hideout as well) about the "Hoth Hangar bay" version of Han with the open coat/etc.?

At some point recently, can't remember where, Hasbro mentioned a Han they were working on which is a Hoth/Bespin Hybrid

Brian was right, it was at HH:

3. Here's another Han Solo for your "parking lot" - what about combining the parts of Hoth Han and Bespin Han to give us an Echo Base Hangar Han Solo figure? One where he's wearing his brown pants (with yellow stripes) and the notorious Blue/Brown winter parka (hood down). Part Hoth Han, Part Bespin Han, but all good.

** Good spotting. That is one that we have our eyes on for a future version as well. Expect to see him within the next couple of years, most likely in the basic figure lineup.

As the author of that question and fan of all things Han Solo, I'd love an Echo Base Hangar Han...  but I think I'd rather have a new SA Bespin Han first.  Seems like the bigger need to me if they are looking for an ESB Han.

Based on the responses this week, I think you were onto something with this question, Jeff.  I think the TESB wave Han Solo that Hasbro confirmed for next fall may very well be that Echo Base Hangar version.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:57 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1079 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Han Hoth with SA legs? (So he can sit on a Taun Taun)
Mynock Hunt Han as other suggested which would be Bespin Han?

I am a little sick and satisfied with the Han Hoth's we have, an open coat version would be pretty stupid to to put in front of the Bespin Han we all want.

Watch this actually be "Bespin" Han but they will call him Echo Base Escape Han Solo. This is a throw off answer.