Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305082 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1185 on: April 9, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Coincidentally, I asked about the Utapau clone this week as a follow up to our original QnA back in Dec. 09. Hopefully we'll get something definitive for next session as the Vintage/GH and SL lists revealed this week clouded the matter some.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2010, 11:49 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 9, 2010, 03:10 PM »
It looks like in the Q and A at Dewback Patrol, Hasbro confirms that a new Endor Rebel Soldier is on the way in Fall of 2010...so I would guess that would be part of the ROTJ wave.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1187 on: April 9, 2010, 03:19 PM »
It looks like in the Q and A at Dewback Patrol, Hasbro confirms that a new Endor Rebel Soldier is on the way in Fall of 2010...so I would guess that would be part of the ROTJ wave.

It's great to hear this figure gets a modern upgrade. I hope the bald beardo head from the 30th Tin version fits this one.

Another POTF2 that can fianally be retired! I am lovin like McDonalds! Like Jesse, I am all about the resculpts right now for some of the key oldies from the 90's a little more than obscure newbies. Do not get me wrong I love the obscure guys but if the trend continues downward with the line and this is truly the waning days of the line (I hope not) I want upgrades to some of the most iconic characters before it's done.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 9, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Good news on the Endor Rebel.  Even the 2006 Endor Troops were kind of lame.  Probably because the basis for that figure came out in 2002.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1189 on: April 9, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Maybe I am confused, I thought this was the all green camo one. Did I read that wrong?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1190 on: April 9, 2010, 06:50 PM »
We asked about getting the "Vintage" look of the figure done in a Q&A last year i believe, as well as the Sergeant in the trench coat.  Basically they've done a guy in all green camo smock and pants, and the guys in the vests and camo pants, but that's been about it.

The Vintage figure has the camo smock on, but it's opened, and the Sergeant's rockin' a greener camo Han coat, more or less.  I think this planned figure is going to wind up being more like the vintage figure, but I'm hopeful for the Sergeant at some point.

Hasbro was pretty receptive when we asked about those two the last time around and it seems at least one of them is pretty likely...  Unless they just upgrade one of the older looks, which I don't think I'd mind that either.  They are all in need of upgrading.  It looks like Vintage could give us some good Rebel Army BUilder love according to this and another slated for 2011.  ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 27, 2010, 02:59 PM »
The most recent sessions are starting to be posted.  Possible new Clone Wars Slave I?  It could be.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1192 on: April 27, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Another week and another round of Q&A... 

-So Wilrow's out now for some time.  How did he do?

-The Arena 2-Packs at Target were pretty nice that last time around...  Can we expect more?

Read all the details on those Right Here, and join in the Q&A chatter for this session.  I'm hoping everything holds, because I liked those sets. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1193 on: April 28, 2010, 03:19 AM »
Seems like a number of sites didn't post their Q&A's, or there just wasn't much to talk about maybe...  I've not seen much rumbling except the coolness of things like the Magna Guard, the Slave-1 talk and Geonosis 2-packs still getting another go...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1194 on: April 28, 2010, 03:33 PM »
This is a snippit from www.galactichunter.com 's Q&A...

She would be a good candidate if we ever did another Tantive IV Battle Pack, although fans would have our heads if we did not upgrade the Rebel Fleet Troopers first.

Now, I'm not sayin' anything but "I hear things...  I hear things...", about this. ;)

Adam May made an interesting point about "Fleet Troopers" being plural too...  A guy can hope right?   :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 28, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Seems like a number of sites didn't post their Q&A's, or there just wasn't much to talk about maybe...  I've not seen much rumbling except the coolness of things like the Magna Guard, the Slave-1 talk and Geonosis 2-packs still getting another go...

A number of sites asked for a sneak peek at the AT-AT in the TRU exclusive vintage packaging.  And all of them got shot down because it's going to be part of a Star Wars Insider article in June or July.

However, I have seen some griping on some sites that have been playing a little fast & loose with the Q&A submission deadlines.  As a result a number of them don't have anything for this session.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:08 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1196 on: April 29, 2010, 09:31 AM »
A little clarification regarding the upcoming Endor Rebel Trooper:

Q1: Last session you confirmed a new Endor Commando for the Vintage line. Will it be jacket/pants rebel or the jumpsuit rebel from the vintage and POTF2 line that is long over due an update?

A1:  It's the trench coat Rebel, similar to the one that Sideshow just did.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1197 on: April 29, 2010, 10:45 AM »
I would have preferred the vintage style one first but still cool.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 29, 2010, 10:46 AM »
I noticed in this Q and A it sounds like there is a Jedi Luke Skywalker coming in the ROTJ wave later this year.  From the answer, I'm not entirely clear if it is a completely new figure, or just some tweaks made to the previous version.

Will Jedi Luke be re-released on a vintage card, and if so, will you make any changes to the figure?

There are indeed plans for a new Jedi Luke in the Vintage format, that addresses the issues that folks have had with the proportions of the chest among other tweaks. Look for him later this year, with the figure available for preview at Comic Con.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1199 on: April 29, 2010, 03:15 PM »
A little clarification regarding the upcoming Endor Rebel Trooper:

Q1: Last session you confirmed a new Endor Commando for the Vintage line. Will it be jacket/pants rebel or the jumpsuit rebel from the vintage and POTF2 line that is long over due an update?

A1:  It's the trench coat Rebel, similar to the one that Sideshow just did.

Sweet!  I asked Hasbro about this very figure, the Endor Sergeant SS made (he gets a shot popped off at him as he's hiding near the bunker), and they're making him.  Hmmmm...  Quite badass!  Thanks Hasbro.  :)  See, they do listen.  This is really really awesome to me.

Thanks for sharing that Jayson, I may have missed it otherwise.