Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305683 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1245 on: October 28, 2010, 03:09 PM »
 :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1246 on: October 28, 2010, 03:55 PM »
Another round of Q&A ready for reading...

-So you guys tweaked that Snowtrooper, didn't you?

-Love them two-packs...  Can we have more with different themes?

Read All of This and nothing more when you click on through.  Finally.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 29, 2010, 01:43 AM »
So the awesome update to the Snowtrooper was just a happy accident?  That's as bad as them basically answering with a "Huh?" when asked why the TRU exclusive McQuarrie sets were missing accessories.  Or the fact that running changes are now too hard yet they running-changed the **** out of the Legends line in 2007/2008 without a snag.

It really feels like they have no idea what the **** the factories are doing half the time.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1248 on: October 29, 2010, 01:52 AM »
Yeah, that one shocked me.  It also, sort of, makes it a unique figure too.

It's a good thing, but how can the factory just decide to change that for you?  That's not a minor change, it's a tooling change.  I think Hasbro's right hand doesn't know what it's left hand is doing, but it's left hand is regularly jamming its thumb up Hasbro's ass, and then causing confusion.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1249 on: October 29, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Interesting answers at Yodas News:

QUESTION:  Could you re-make the Jawa Sandcrawler like you did for the AT-AT and Falcon. It is in need of an overhaul. I hope I speak for all the Droid/Jawa fans out there. With all the Droids from the Droid Factory line, it would be awesome to have a new Sandcrawler to display them in!

ANSWER:  We would love to remake the Jawa Sandcrawler, and at one time started to look at what a super-sized version would cost in terms of tooling. The bottom line is that it would cost too much given the more niche nature of this vehicle.

Our most recent release (nearly 10 years ago) was lightly received by fans - one of the rarest vehicle releases of the modern Star Wars line, despite the fact it's a very tough vintage vehicle to obtain. It seems that this vehicle has some passionate fans, but overall it's too niche to be able to re-imagine any time soon.

It remains a dream for some day, but we can't let our passion for it override business sense.

QUESTION:  Are you planning a new Luke in Jedi Outfit (Return of the Jedi) on Vintage Card?

ANSWER:  Yes, we are. We are doing two things here: The current Luke figure on the EpVI card will actually get a running change to the card, where we will change the card art and the name to be "Luke Skywalker: Endor Capture." We will also look to introduce down the road another EpVI version, but details on that won't be available until next Spring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad about the Sandcrawler but good to hear about Luke(s).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1250 on: October 30, 2010, 02:09 AM »
To be kind of honest, I'm glad about the Sandcrawler...  That last one tanked, it wasn't even "common" at the time but it still hit clearance...  Granted it's maybe not what everyone wants too, but I think it speaks volumes about the vehicle itself.

I'd rather see a new fighter done to-scale, than see the Sandcrawler get any kind of resculpt.  Just my feelings though.  To me, it's not worth the effort I guess.   :-\

The thought of a cool "Droid Factory" homage set though, that seems kind of fun and different.  It's not the vehicle though of course, so I suppose it doesn't fill any hole people have in their hearts for a Sandcrawler update.  To me though, it's likke the Star Destroyer...  I'd rather just get the bridge pits done accurately than an attempt at a truncated V-shaped ship/toy.  I'm weird like that though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 30, 2010, 10:09 AM »
I was reading through some of the Q and A summaries over at JTA, and noticed that one of the questions from 16bit confirms that there will be another large vehicle for next year.  The only details Hasbro gives is that it will be less than $99.99, and it will be Clone Wars based.

A few other nice confirmations this round.  I noticed they confirmed there is a new Lando next year (to possibly be revealed in December), and it is not a Bespin version.  Personally, I'd like to see an all-new Skiff Guard Lando - even though the TSC wasn't horrible by any means.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1252 on: October 30, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I love the Jawas and their ride, so it'd be worth the effort to me.  Clearly it's not the AT-AT so it wouldn't work at retail (is the AT AT working..?)

There was actually a lot of good snippets in the QNA this week:

New Lando
Bespin Escape Leia
Running change on DS2 Luke
New ROTJ Luke apart from that
TPM figs pushed all the way out (9-10 months from now)
New big vehicle (I'm thinking we haven't seen it yet in the cartoon)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 30, 2010, 02:39 PM »
If they don't want to make a new sandcrawler, then just re-release the previous one. I only ever saw it at Suncoast movie stores and it was always $60! I went there weekly to see if it'd go onsale as other stuff did then one day the two they had were gone (not sold the guy who recognized me said).
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 30, 2010, 05:14 PM »
Our most recent release (nearly 10 years ago) was lightly received by fans - one of the rarest vehicle releases of the modern Star Wars line

Was it really nearly 10 years ago on the Sandcrawler  ???  Wow...time flys I guess.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #1255 on: October 30, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Our most recent release (nearly 10 years ago) was lightly received by fans - one of the rarest vehicle releases of the modern Star Wars line

Was it really nearly 10 years ago on the Sandcrawler  ???  Wow...time flys I guess.

2003-04
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 30, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I can sort of see why they wouldn't re-do the Sandcrawler, but I was sort of hoping for a re-do or re-release as well.  I also missed the previous version, and wouldn't mind getting another chance at it eventually.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1257 on: November 1, 2010, 11:57 PM »
Sounds like were getting a new Lando (Skiff Guard?) next year and a new Leia (either Bespin Escape or Gown) too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1258 on: November 2, 2010, 12:05 AM »
My wagers are on Bespin Escape...  Milk that Hoth Leia sculpt a bit.

Though given Hasbro's weirdness, they'd just as likely resculpt her from the ground up rather than re-use parts it seems.  That AT-ST Driver still has me scratching my head as to why they completely skipped using anything Scanner tech on it. 

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 2, 2010, 04:51 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they get to the sandcrawler one day, something tells me they'll be selling star wars product for a long time to come. I would definitely be up for one, and the bigger the better. I don't see why they couldn't work some of the old droid factory features into the interior and combine the two for more play value.