Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 306958 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1275 on: November 22, 2010, 09:15 PM »
I'm actually really stoked for ANY Dagobah Luke...  No articulation?  Come on Scott. :)  You know you want an uber-articulated one.

The Snowspeeder tweaked one is my bet though.  He spent a bit of time like that, chastising R2.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 22, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I'd probably prefer him without the sleeves... kind of surprised actually that they never repacked that exclusive version in some sort of manner.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1277 on: November 22, 2010, 11:38 PM »
So they want to know what we want in future Stormtroopers?

Easy. 

- no yellowing
- helmets that look more like the Tantive IV Battle Pack sculpt
- belts that don't look choppy on the edges like the current Sandtrooper

You made my night! The Tantive IV Stormtrooper is the one I army built of all of the basic Stormtroopers, I have 34 currently. I always liked them the best, I have not heard many other talk about this topic lately.

I would not mind the Bog Dive Luke at all but I would prefer to have a new training one first. Either way, I love how much they are focusing more on the OT in Vintage. Bring on Fozec too! (Screw the useless Podracers.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Bring on Fozec too! (Screw the useless Podracers.)

Hell Yes!    ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33 AM »
I like the cool Podracing aliens.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1280 on: November 23, 2010, 12:31 PM »
He wore two outfits on Dagobah...

...Also note they could be sort of hinting at a Darth Vader/Luke Cave hybrid which I believe was mentioned at one point.

What if they are messing with us and what we're really getting is the Jabba's Palace/Jedi Knight outfit (again).  He wore that outfit to Dagobah to watch Yoda die...  I know I'd like to see yet another black-clad Jedi Luke figure in the line.  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1281 on: November 23, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Plus it'd be, basically, the exact same figure.  :)  That's funny if it's true...  An easy pass, but there is an element of humor if that were the "Dagobah" outfit they were hinting at.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1282 on: November 23, 2010, 08:43 PM »
That would be funny.  I think we all want a Jabba's Palace (or Dagobah) Jedi Luke (ok, some of us).  May be a nice opportunity for a new card.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #1283 on: November 23, 2010, 10:25 PM »
I think that they should paint the Bespin Luke's outfit black, give him a new tan vest, and you've got a nice Shadows of the Empire Luke.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 24, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I was reading through some of the summaries from this round of Q and A's, and this answer seems to give a little info on a future Jedi Luke figure:

With the release if the new Jedi Luke figure in wave 3 of the vintage collection pending, why did Hasbro forgo his signature cloak and pistol? These accessories would have gave us the ultimate Luke Jedi, film wise. The figure itself looks spectacular but many fans want his Jedi robes. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the franchise, we look forward to the future of this line!

Answer: The original plan, when it was drawn up on paper, was to have an updated, iconic Jedi Luke in the lineup for ’11 but our design team decided to do a version of Luke that had not been done before in some time and included the binders, while taking the cloak out. However, our packaging team did not get the message and created packaging for a Jedi Luke figure. As such, there was a mismatch. We have heard the fans in this regard, and are making moves to actually *change* the current packaging to become an “Endor Capture” Luke. Look for this in Spring ’11 as a running change to the current figure. This leaves the window open for the future return of a cloaked Jedi Luke figure, in a surprise new take inspired by the deleted scenes we saw from the Blu-Ray presentation at CV. Look for that version in Fall ’12…stay tuned!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 24, 2010, 06:11 PM »
Fall '12...just around the corner.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1286 on: February 10, 2011, 12:25 AM »
Q&A will be returning, as per DD via the Forcecast...  Sometime after Toy Fair it'll return.  Kind of vague.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1287 on: April 25, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Q&A Submissions are resuming Friday, as per our front page.

Let the fun begin!  :-X

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05 PM »
I'd like to know if any Hasbro reps are going to pull all those defective clones (and non-defective) that are warming pegs to allow for newer waves to hit and sell.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 26, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Or if they are even aware or care that they have now let distrobution tank their flafship star wars figure line.

The onoly question I care about for them is how they plan to fix this in the future, they SWORE distobution would be taken care of with Vintage and it has been a disaster