Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 304924 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1305 on: May 25, 2011, 02:07 PM »
the deleted scene figures will be Luke while building his lightsaber

Yes!  Because if there is one thing we need, it's more Luke in black outfit figures from RotJ!!!!

2007 - Jabba Luke with Bone
2008 - Jedi Luke with Sand Hat
2009 - Jedi Luke with torso flap part
2010 - Jedi Luke (with bonus "Endor Capture" recard)
2011 - Jedi Luke with "in-process" lightsaber

No overkill there at all...  ::)  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 25, 2011, 02:15 PM »
I see in Yakface's Q and A this week they confirm that the Landspeeder will see a vintage box release at Target towards the end of the year.  I always liked that vehicle, and it is cool to see it getting another release.  Although I already have one, I think I'd probably grab another.  The previous (Saga?) version is one of their better vehicle releases I thought.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:16 PM by Brian »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1307 on: May 25, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Jeff, I did not realize we have be given him 5 years straight. Soon to be 6 years straight. Well, this should be the definitive Jedi Luke based on the new Vintage Luke tool. He has a cloak in the scene so we should get that, I just hope they go a sculpted route on the tunic robes so I can check that off of my want list.

Based on what Jeff brought up I will guess 2012 will be Final Jedi Duel Luke with the flap down sculpted on a new torso.

I agree with Brian on the Landspeeder, it's really solid one of the best in the line ever. Unless they add some new twist to this release I am not sure I will get this. But then again that box may be too nice to pass on. The current crop of vehicle decos are severely lacking when compared to previous releases. The 30th TAC was the pinnacle of vehicle deco, just look a the V-Wing and Droid Tank.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:55 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1308 on: May 25, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Jedi Defender's Q&A Round 89 has been posted...

-Where's Cliegg?  The guy keeps making our wishlists, EVERY year!

-Speaking of wishlists, 2009's Toy Fare pole hasn't gotten the same love as 2006's Toy Fare pole.  What's the deal?

All that, and nothing more, await you in this round's Q&A.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1309 on: May 25, 2011, 03:43 PM »
It's about time we are getting some new news to talk about besides leaks. This hobby is in somewhat rough waters right now and needs some "juice".

I cannot say I am shedding a tear over not getting a old guy missing a leg in a floating lark who really added nothing to the story (Sorry  but yes I am a hater towards Cliegg I would put the queen before him.). Podracer fans should be happy with Ben finally coming. I am very happy with the Vintage Tarkin, he desperately needs an updated figure!

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00 PM »
Do they revoke your Q&A Card if you ask about their terrible distrobution?

Because I can figure out any other reason why no one is asking the only question that matters....

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1311 on: May 25, 2011, 04:04 PM »

Because I can figure out any other reason why no one is asking the only question that matters....

Jedinews did but in a different way. The answer they got is somewhat encouraging:

2) With new figures in both The Vintage Collection and The Clone Wars only shipping one per case it is getting frustratingly hard to get each and every new figure. Surely it would make sense to pack all new figures two per case therefore ensuring that more people get access to these new figures and then leaving the remaining slots in the cases for the more popular figures from previous waves? It seems brick and mortar shops are ordering fewer cases and by making this switch you'll allow a greater number of collectors and kids to get the new figures they want and stop the problems we're currently encountering whereby all we're finding at retail are huge quantities of Clone Troopers and Sandtroopers (that's probably stopping the retailers from ordering more product - it’s seems like a vicious circle!).

We are continually optimizing our ratios in order to maximize the most sought after figures in each case pack. Beginning in fall 2011 and continuing into 2012 you will see this strategy in action on a more regular basis.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1312 on: May 25, 2011, 04:23 PM »
why no one is asking the only question that matters....

Keep in mind that the majority of the Q&A sites got together ahead of this Q&A session to try to eliminate duplicate questions to maximize Hasbro's time.  So, instead of 6-10 sites asking about distribution, only a couple decided to ask that question.

Also, even though they didn't ask a distribution question, many sites included a "comment" on distribution with their Qs to emphasize the point with Hasbro.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:27 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 25, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Holy **** at Quadrinaros!  I thought he was pretty much in the "neva-eva" category....  I am not jonesing for him or anything - but I will add him to my collection for sure.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 25, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Jeff, I did not realize we have be given him 5 years straight. Soon to be 6 years straight. Well, this should be the definitive Jedi Luke based on the new Vintage Luke tool. He has a cloak in the scene so we should get that, I just hope they go a sculpted route on the tunic robes so I can check that off of my want list.

And No Glove for this scene.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1315 on: May 25, 2011, 05:04 PM »

And No Glove for this scene.

WORD!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1316 on: May 25, 2011, 05:21 PM »
I still say it's not Hasbro's "distribution issue" as much as it's the retailers...

-K-Mart...  They're in their first half lull of not ordering anything.  My KM stores have gotten in very little beyond Wave 3 and 4, and they've sold through almost all of it.  Nothing left on the pegs at one store, and they're ordering nothing.

-Toys R Us...  they're grossly overpriced in a time when everything is grossly overpriced as it is, yet TRU takes it to a new level.  Who is going to buy there, not to mention (at least for me) they're not really convenient.  Target, KM, WM...  They're all around, within a few minutes by comparison.  TRU?  Nowhere near as plentiful.  If TRU were the same price as Target I'd keep them on my list of possible stops, but right now I know I don't buy ANY Vintage there due to what they're charging.  I doubt I'm alone.  Times are hard.  People's desire to get things cheap should never be underestimated.

-Target...  A couple weeks ago they got some wave 5 and 6 cases in.  My Target sold through.  They're back to just Wave 1 pegwarmers for the most part.  Target not ordering, again, isn't Hasbro's fault...  Target's just not in the mood to commit a lot to Vintage figures right now it appears.

-WM...  The only store that has a plethora of pegwarming ROTS Clones...  He sucks.  One figure isn't really a "distribution issue" to me.  He's one ****** figure.  Every year there is one ****** figure.  Sometimes there's a lot more than one actually.  If WM clearanced him and got him out of there, they'd do themselves a favor but nobody there probably is aware they need to do that. 

However I've notice, even with my drastically cut number of toy runs, that every WM I visit is STEADILY getting in new cases of Vintage wave 4, 5, and 6 (though less of 6, however that seems to be changing now too).  I see these waves refreshed, every weekend.  I just got my 2nd Peasant Anakin out of a minty fresh case of wave 4 on Sunday.  They're the only store ordering, yet they're the only store with the perceived "distribution problem".  That doesn't add up.

I think Hasbro's answer is encouraging, like JACK said.  They see that the Phase 2 Clone is a toilet clogger and they're working on that.  It's about the answer I'd have expected too I guess.  It's hard to micro-manage case-packs though, when you've got to have them set months and months in advance too.

It's funny though, now that Legends figures got clearanced at WM, a store that had literally 20 of AOTC Clones and another 20 white ROTS Clones, now has maybe 2 or 3 of each...  If that even.  That clearance has sold almost every Legends army builder really fast.  The demand is there, the price just isn't anywhere near where people are willign to pay it I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 25, 2011, 05:28 PM »

I asked something along these lines.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1318 on: May 25, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Man, I wish they would go back to two figures per new character per case. Good question Adam, I miss the Saga2/TAC case ratios.

Overall from the 5 sets of questions I have read I like the answers given. (As long as Hasbro delivers on them.)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 25, 2011, 06:22 PM »
The crazy thing is that for the most part, GI JOE (and many other Hasbro lines) are packed (initially) with 2 of each new figure.  Something about Star Wars must have somebody in the bean counting pod really vexed or there is something wrong with their "Metrics".