Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305127 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1335 on: June 15, 2011, 09:25 PM »
I think are just being vague because they want to reveal stuff at SDCC.  That is my theory anyway. 

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 17, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Have they answered any distrobution questions THIS time?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1337 on: June 17, 2011, 12:25 PM »
It depends on what you mean by "answered".

If you mean "answered" with an answer that completely ignores the point, then yes, just like last round, they answered a few with the token "We appreciate the continued interest in Vintage and new product will continue to ship throughout the year."

If you mean "answered" with an answer that actually adresses the distribution issues, then no.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 17, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Future Question Answered for 2012:
"We think battle packs are still a good value. 2 figures, 2 accessories, 2 stands, 2 cards and a brightly colored box!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1339 on: June 18, 2011, 12:24 AM »
And Deluxe Figure with Vehicle is now just Figure with Cardboard backdrop for $17.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1340 on: July 22, 2011, 08:01 PM »
New round of Q&A posted! :)

-Realistic Clone Wars Figures?  Would a guy like Cody or Rex maybe include his early and late war gear, to bridge the gap some?

-Han Bespin?  We love him.  But what awaits the scruffy one? (Shot down!  :'( )

The answers to these questions, well, not even all of them, and nothing more awaits you by checking out our Q&A this round!

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1311379105,52245,
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1341 on: July 22, 2011, 10:30 PM »
From over a year ago in the Collect All 92 Jawa thread

I don't know why they never made glowing eyes. How hard can it be to put an LED inside with a pipe going to the head?

I would love to see this for a future Jawa update--same goes for Artoo and Threepio, too.  Has LED technology gotten to the point yet where they could do something like that fairly cheaply, if they wanted, and without impacting the aesthetics and/or articulation of the figure too much?  Or is that just crazy talk?  I let my subscription to LED Technology Monthly lapse some time ago.

From today's Rebelscum Q & A

Rebelscum: With many new action figures featuring "light-up" suits and accessories, would you consider putting this feature into the rumored upcoming 2-1B to make his torso light up? The body cavity has more than enough room for a battery compartment and still allows for the rest of him to be articulated. Also, would that open doors for a Jawa or C-3PO with light up eyes, or perhaps light-up sabers or blasters? PS a light up R2-D2 with the proper "light port" would be welcome as well, especially if it's not lit Orange!

Hasbro: We think you'll like what you see when we reveal the the 2012 Episode I 3.75" movie figure line later this year. The best and brightest designers and engineers here at Hasbro have thought long and hard about how to incorporate some light-up features into action figures without compromising the overall appearance of the figures.

If they're referring to the waves that were shown today, I'm not sure what light-up features would be possible in those figures unless they're talking about the lightsabers.

At any rate, cool news.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they're gonna do with this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:32 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1342 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Lighting those sabers would be insane.  I'm curious what that meant as well...  At the same time I don't want it to impact the figure much.  And I sure as hell don't want it to impact the price at all (I'm at my limit now).

If they can think up something innovative though, and non-obtrusive, I'm interested.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1343 on: July 22, 2011, 11:03 PM »
From today's Rebelscum Q & A

Hasbro: We think you'll like what you see when we reveal the the 2012 Episode I 3.75" movie figure line later this year.

If they're referring to the waves that were shown today, I'm not sure what light-up features would be possible in those figures unless they're talking about the lightsabers.

Makes me wonder...  what if they really are giving us a separate TPM movie figure line too? 

What if the stuff they showed us today was just the "TPM Vintage" stuff they were planning for vintage cards?  What if they are planning a whole line of "action feature" figures (light-up, action features, etc) for kids on those Maul cards that popped up and that's the stuff that will be shown at NYCC?    Maybe that's why there is no Vintage JarJar, Tatooin Anakin and C3PO - because they saved them for some sort of Maul card movie line?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1344 on: July 22, 2011, 11:11 PM »
It could be really cool, or dismal, but I'm curious either way.

That's a good thought though...  I'd forgotten the Maul cards already.  :-X

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19 PM »
New Tech stuff with Episode 1 toys...CUZ COMM-TECH WORKED OUT SO WELL.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1346 on: July 22, 2011, 11:40 PM »
Reverting to our own Q&A, I really REALLY liked their answer on a realistic CW Cody...   :-X  I'd take the Clones if they're Fordo Style, for certain.

That'd be totally worth rebuying just about all the Clones I already have, actually.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Not an official Q and A exactly, but Echo Base News has a nice interview up with Derryl DePriest, which offers some nice info.  You can check it out here:

http://echobasenews.com/interview-derryl-depriest.html

Sounds like next year's Maul is indeed the Evolutions version, and it is possible we might see that ESB Slave I in 2012.  More info at the linky.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 25, 2011, 10:37 PM »
Sounds like next year's Maul is indeed the Evolutions version
It is definitely not a repack. He must just mean it's based on the Evo one. Or he misunderstood and was talking about the Blu-ray pack.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1349 on: August 9, 2011, 11:00 PM »
New Round of Q&A Posted...

-Cool you're running with a "mini-rig" series of original vehicle designs.  Any chance you're going to expand that to the classic films though, and new vehicles for the classic characters?

-We love Rebels, and you love Rebels, but we like Rebel variations...  Wanna put some out there for us, in some form or another?

Check It Out!  Don't be a baby.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2011, 11:04 PM by Jesse James »