Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305102 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1410 on: October 22, 2011, 02:11 AM »
Wow.  That's weak.  ::)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 22, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Well if the questions had almost nothing to do with NYCC, I would hope a resubmission is in order. Might as well counter their middle finger with a middle finger of our own. :P

But I can't really say I'm surprised or upset... Q&A has been "down" for years now, and it's obvious Hasbro no longer cares about it based on their dodging questions (that answer where they ignored the question about the RFT's staff comes to mind) and delaying Q&As.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1412 on: October 22, 2011, 04:05 PM »
We submitted new ones Thursday night...  Kind of moving on from what we asked, ultimately.  It is what it is to me...  Just simply disappointing.

There's a distinct disconnect with the Q&A process these days, I won't dispute that.

I think it could have merit, but it's got to be taken "more seriously", for lack of a better phrase.  To be honest I think it's owed somewhat.  All the sites that participate are simply free advertising work on the backs of volunteers that just like this stuff.

To be equally fair though, I think if you're abbrasive in your questions, you probably get what you deserve in response.  Certain topics, when answers don't meet expectations, have been met with some hostility. 

******** on the process overall like this though, is kind of frustrating, and admittedly some rounds have been incredibly weak with their responses, and obviously rushed/mishandled.  Why Q&A's are being submitted during a convention even is silly unto itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 22, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Maybe they figured the Q&A they had at the figure forum was enough... since most were likely asked by people that run the forums anyway (I don't know the who's who of SW collecting sites outside of a few on here).

Sooo... in hindsight, we should have given our Q&A to Paul, speedermike or myself and we'd have avoided this headache.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 22, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Q&A around the time of industry events where the Hasbro Star Wars team will be making presentations are tricky.  There are things they want to hold so they can reveal them at the event, and there are also plenty of questions that might be rendered pointless after said presentations.  It keeps the sites from looking a little foolish in the process.

In the grand scheme of things, Hasbro probably should not have scheduled sessions immediately around NY Comic Con.  That seems to be an error on their part.  But this sort of thing just makes them look bad.  Hopefully the next round of Q&A will be a bit more meaningful.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1415 on: November 11, 2011, 01:24 PM »
The latest round of Hasbro Star Wars Q&A has been posted!

-Will the re-released figures have cardback changes!?

-Will the Echo Base Trooper see the light of day again!?

All the answers to these questions and nothing else await you!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 11, 2011, 01:41 PM »
1. GO AHEAD AND BUY FROM OVERSEAS. It's a long wait.

2. Tough cookies if you can't find them now.

Is there ever any good news from the responses?

Bummers at the Scummer:

There were never more than 5 deleted scene figures planned for the line. Luke, Leia, Lando, Rebel Pilot and Colonel Cracken.

Those hoping for the old woman Rebel Pilot can cry now. Ha.

At NYCC, you said there would only be 19 figures from The Clone Wars. Did you mean 19 new ones, or 19 overall, or have we just been misinformed? Will we be seeing more mini-rigs and battle packs next year if this is the case?

There are 19 total single carded Clone Wars animated figures planned for 2012. There are also 4 Clone Wars themed "mini-rig" figure & vehicle packs and 1 Clone Wars themed Battle pack planned for 2012.

:(

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 11, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Jar Jar is confirmed over at Banthaskull coming at end of 2012 on Vintage Card!!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 11, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Although we sort of heard it at NYCC, I'm still sort of surprised how slow the CW line looks to be next year.  I understand the movie push and everything - and honestly, I'm more interested in stuff from the movies anyways - but 19 figures for the whole year (and I don't think even half of those are new, are they?) is really a slow trickle.  I can understand keeping it out there to maintain the "footprint" (particularly with the show still airing for awhile), but it almost seems like it is on "hiatus" during the movie releases.  It makes you wonder if that will continue from here on out since there is a planned 3D release each year until 2018.

Disappointing news about the Echo Base Trooper not making a reappearance next year, although there is always hope for 2013 I guess.  I've only seen Wave 9 at retail once here locally, and I think that's only because I was there when they were stocked.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 11, 2011, 04:04 PM »
I understand the movie push and everything - and honestly, I'm more interested in stuff from the movies anyways - but 19 figures for the whole year (and I don't think even half of those are new, are they?) is really a slow trickle. 

Yeah, I agree. For awhile it sounded like CW was Hasbro's bread and butter and Vintage was on the backburner because the former is targeted at kids, where as the latter is directed towards the older, collector types (us). Maybe they're thinking that now that these kids are hooked on CW, the parents will take them to TPM and convert them? Maybe, I don't know. But CW is going to airing next year as well and to not having much fresh product out there is puzzling. Just with this last arc on CW, there's a lot of interesting things there, plus with Maul returning (come on, we've gotta have a few Mauls, especially the token shirtless-one) there's a lot of material to choose from. I don't collect CW (just the bounty hunters), but I find it odd.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1420 on: November 11, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Jar Jar is confirmed over at Banthaskull coming at end of 2012 on Vintage Card!!!!
Jar Jar was confirmed in a Q&A a while ago!!!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1421 on: November 11, 2011, 06:48 PM »

I can't believe people are so excited over a Jar-Jar figure!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1422 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15 PM »
I think people are more excited about their "soothsaying".

I can't wait till Tarkin's confirmed!

Again.
However Matt, I have to say, I'm actually excited at Jar Jar's that aren't worthless.  There were so many, and getting one that has my minimum standard of articulation would be enough to make me happy.  Whatever card, no matter.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 11, 2011, 11:24 PM »

I can't believe people are so excited over a Jar-Jar figure!

It's one of the signs of the apocalypse. The world really is ending in 2012, the day Jar Jar is released.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 12, 2011, 01:23 AM »
I am having a really hard time understanding the Clone Wars scale back.  The line seems quite popular.