Author Topic: Next Group Project  (Read 8884 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Next Group Project
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:38 AM »
Are we planning on doing one of these in July?  If so, I was wondering about doing an ultimate Jango Fett and share ideas on a custom of him as Hasbro really hasn't stepped up to the plate with this figure... here is one of the better ones I'm aware of someone making, might be a good reference.

:)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Next Group Project
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Cool idea but lets widen the range to any mandalorian :o ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: Or is it like when there is more than one character its a monthly customizing challenge and then when its a specific character its a group project? If that's the way it is, then ya I say lets do Jango.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 09:19 AM by CommanderKorbra »
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:34 AM »
I like the idea of concentrating on just Jango personally.  Perhaps we could allow for any Jango outfit such as his apartment garb from the Obi Wan encounter.  I agree that my life just isn't complete till we get an SA Jango from Hasbro but I know that some awesome Jango creations will more than compensate. 

Count me in for a Jango offering if given the chance. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Hmm, I'll try and do this one, I'm just a bit short on any mando pieces. I'll see what I can do.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 11:22 AM »
I'm in if we do Jango, I have wanted to work on an SA Jango for a while, now I have a reason.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:18 PM »
I'm at a loss on this one. Adding articulation to a figure is not a skill I've mastered as of yet. :-\
Fritzkrieg

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 01:31 PM »
i like both ideas...but if we do any mando i could do some serious picture taking..(it'll give me an idea to buy a new camera)...yay to the mandos!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 01:41 PM »
I think doping a jango is a great idea, but we could make it very broad for our group project. it could be Apartment jango, Armored jango, etc. I have a great idea for this jango, actually

PS: Sorry I haven't been on in like TWO months or something, but I've been really busy with school. I've got two exams left and after that I'm going full-on with my customs!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:42 PM by ThePerennial »

Offline ryan1982

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:51 PM »
hey everyone. i am new to the JD forums, i just joined a few days ago. i have been a member over at FFURG ("ryan") for some time now and i have always been a fan of everyone's work here at JD. i love the idea of doing a jango group project. i have a good deal of jango parts if anyone might need some, if this is the one we decide on.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 03:58 PM »
I'm  in. ;D I've been wanting to do a SA Jango for a while now. Sounds good to me.

BTW Chewie who's jango is that? It kicks ass.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Group projects are one character only so I like the idea of doing our best to make the ultimate Jango Fett. Some great ideas for this could be snap on armor. Magnets to attach the head. Rocket firing backpack. Flame throwing gauntlet. It could be glorious.   We could start working on it now if everyone is ok on it and have it due July 31st.

----

As for group projects, I'm thinking about suggesting a really BIG project. The project would involve everybody on this site and maybe even FFURG and others. Would I would like to see us do is an entire Star Wars WORLD.

For example, if we choose Tatooine, we would be free to make any characters that appeared on this world in the movies or other media. We would vote on a location for all these characters to live. (ie Mos Espa) Someone would come up with concept drawings and then everybody would be assigned pieces of the diorama to build along with a few figures. The whole thing would be shipped to someone for picture taking and then sent back.

The time frame for this project could be as long as entire year. We could even get a booth at C4 next year to display the entire project. It would be a huge undertaking and would need a number of volunteers to help coorindate the entire thing. In the end, it could be something really amazing. 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 05:08 PM »
I'm  in. ;D I've been wanting to do a SA Jango for a while now. Sounds good to me.

BTW Chewie who's jango is that? It kicks ass.
its wraith and he was a poster at ffurg
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 05:09 PM »
I am down for a sa jango. I would like to add my twist on the costume though as I am not a huge fan on the shin and boot armour. I like my own spin on characters... I am not a robot ;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Phruby, that is a kick ass idea, only 1 problem, alot of younger members, have parents that would have a cow. Ex. you don't even know this person, and you want to give him your SW figures and address? Yeah that won't go over to well.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Phruby you have accidently come up with a great idea. ;D :P ( J/K)

NOw this would be one Hell of a project. Ill help you with it im any way I can.I'm on a couple of other boards I can spread the word there if you want. Drop me a line and we can see what we come up with. AS a matter of fact this sounds like a great topic for our upcoming chat.

What do you say guys, I like this idea.